Help Needed Father Giving Daughter Land Name Change

This 1 has me totally at a loss. Wife went with her father to have land changed from his name to her name and sisters name. Basically we have 3 plots of land 1 with mum and dads house on which he wants to put in name of eldest daughter and 2 other plots of land which we helped purchase and intend to build on so he wants to transfer these into wifes name.

So she took dad to land place today and basically got told dad cannot transfer land to anyone unless he is married to mum or unless wife pay lots of Tea money.

Does anyone have a list of documents needed and real price.

The reason all this started was last year neighbour was selling land so wife and me decided to buy. I was away at time but we had the money in the bank. So wife proceeded to buy and was then told when she went to put name on land deeds that she could not as i was not there and she could have stolen money from me(load of old Rot). So she had to get dad to put his name on land deeds.

Now they telling us that because dad is not married we have to pay extra.

Can someone help or tell me what i should do.

Thanks

whistling.gif

So helpful thanks for your time.

And all that from an Advanced poster you must be a great help on the forums.

Do me a favour next time and don't bother.

You must be a really helpful person in real life.

Edited by Stretch2480

whistling.gif

So helpful thanks for your time.

And all that from an Advanced poster you must be a great help on the forums.

Do me a favour next time and don't bother.

You must be a really helpful person in real life.

์Now, now. I was stuck for words, still am. Give me time, and loosen up a bit. smile.png

PS. Yes l am a helpful person in real life. Well spotted.

Edited by transam

Soooo the land office are saying you have to be married to own land..... what a crock.

I would go down and talk to some one else.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

No they are saying that my wifes Dad has to be married in order for us not to have to pay as much......in so called transfer fee's. I don't go to Land office because as in all of Thailand as soon as they see Farang there tiny little eyes change to Dollar signs.

Was really wondering if there is a laid down standard for this sort of thing that i can read or even print out in Thai then i will approach Land Office.

Thanks

Transfer of land as a gift between close family members attracts very little tax at the time of transfer, full taxes are then paid if the land is subsequently sold to someone outside of the family.

It is possible in this case that as your wife's parents are not married then your wife's father is not her "legal" father(under Thai law) If that is the case the land can still be gifted but full transfer taxes based on the appraised value of the land will be levied.(not close family member). In addition as the land has only been held for a short time there will be additional taxes ( "speculation" tax.).

If this is the case your wife's father can be made her legal father by a declaration by your wife and her parents at the Amphur for minimal cost. The land can then be gifted as between close family members, and low taxes levied.

Transfer of land as a gift between close family members attracts very little tax at the time of transfer, full taxes are then paid if the land is subsequently sold to someone outside of the family.

It is possible in this case that as your wife's parents are not married then your wife's father is not her "legal" father(under Thai law) If that is the case the land can still be gifted but full transfer taxes based on the appraised value of the land will be levied.(not close family member). In addition as the land has only been held for a short time there will be additional taxes ( "speculation" tax.).

If this is the case your wife's father can be made her legal father by a declaration by your wife and her parents at the Amphur for minimal cost. The land can then be gifted as between close family members, and low taxes levied.

Thanks for the advice. Its really annoying as they would not let my wife put her name on the Land when she bought it initially in December when i was out of the country. They plain refused thats why she put it in Dads name. They are doing the amphur thing tommorrow if her dad calms down as he bloody annoyed over the whole situation.

Thanks Again.

My wife had 5 rai of land put in her name at the local; amphur in chumphon, She used her married name with me.

I was also at the local office when she did it we went together . wasnt a problem.

Good luck to you hope you get it sorted .

keep us informed as to the out come thanks

Were is this land located?

Thanks for the advice. Its really annoying as they would not let my wife put her name on the Land when she bought it initially in December when i was out of the country. They plain refused thats why she put it in Dads name. They are doing the amphur thing tommorrow if her dad calms down as he bloody annoyed over the whole situation.

Thanks Again.

Probably because you were not there to sign the declaration stating the funds are your wifes and nothing to do with you,

The reason all this started was last year neighbour was selling land so wife and me decided to buy. I was away at time but we had the money in the bank. So wife proceeded to buy and was then told when she went to put name on land deeds that she could not as i was not there and she could have stolen money from me(load of old Rot).

Not necessarily a lot of old rot.

I am guessing you are legally married. If so you both have to be there to sign/witness important documents which could affect you both.

It's a very real reason not to get legally married.

Might depend of the land deeds - i.e. lower deed may have limitations for transfer, like only to family in a certain line. If higher deeds, like Nor Sor 3 or Chanote, it is a very simple act at the Land Department, but you shall expect to pay a small transfer fee (typically around 1% of landvalue).