Thai Women'S Volleyball

RIJoe

The women were impressive against some fierce competition. Their performance against powerhouses like the US, Brazil and China was unbelievable.

Question: I'd like to get one of the black shirts they wore during the tournament for my daughter. Any idea where they can be found?

Grand Sport is the sponsor for shirts/shorts.

If I can post this URL,

http://www.grandsport.com/gs2011/product_1_en.php?type=16

you can see the shirts - if it is blocked by TV, just go to grandsport website - they have English page too.

Yes, they have done remarkably well haven't they? Shows what can be achieved by Thai nationals when they have an organisation that seems to actually work for the benefit of the players, instead of the usual ego-trip admirals, air marshals and sons of politicians just there for the photos and any reflected glory. Let's hope they continue in the same vein.

I really enjoyed watching many of the games.

The one thing that stands out in my mind is the Thai girls were constantly smiling, win or lose. Even though they seemed much smaller in stature, their tenacity and fight was commendable. Their smiles proved their enjoyment of simply playing the game.

Plaudits for the players and their coaching staff.clap2.gif

• Like 2

I really enjoyed watching many of the games.

The one thing that stands out in my mind is the Thai girls were constantly smiling, win or lose. Even though they seemed much smaller in stature, their tenacity and fight was commendable. Their smiles proved their enjoyment of simply playing the game.

Plaudits for the players and their coaching staff.clap2.gif

And plaudits for a nice letter; yes, they did look as if they were simply enjoying the pleasure of playing their sport for their country.

If they can retain their coaches and continue with proper support from their ruling authority, they could become even better with more experience.