New Diy Shop - Thai Watsadu

iainiain101

I am doing some work at home, and a friend suggested I try the new shop, Thai Watsadu on the super highway, headed south on the left hand side just after the Hang Dong turning.

This place is excellent and massive and opened on the 22nd June. For the ordinary building and house items it seems to have a better selection than Home Pro, Global House and Home Expert combined. It also seems very competitive on price, though doesn't seem to carry the very expensive imported type kitchens, bathrooms, tiles, etc.

Well worth a visit, and unfortunately I have no financial stake in the place.

Iain

There is another 'newish' DIY mega-store that I went to a few weeks ago and thought it was excellent. It is the new Nappadol Panich and it is on the road to San Kamphaeng on the right. I can't recall how far down but I think it is at the road that connects to Saraphi. I found stuff there that I could not find in Home Pro, Global House, etc. Very good selection. Maybe 3 times the size of the other Nappadol Pannich shop.

There is another 'newish' DIY mega-store that I went to a few weeks ago and thought it was excellent. It is the new Nappadol Panich and it is on the road to San Kamphaeng on the right. I can't recall how far down but I think it is at the road that connects to Saraphi. I found stuff there that I could not find in Home Pro, Global House, etc. Very good selection. Maybe 3 times the size of the other Nappadol Pannich shop.

Home Expert? On the outer ring road / SK road. It's been there 2 or 3 years or more. Bought some 8m extendable ladders there - they had to order from BKK.

Home Expert? On the outer ring road / SK road. It's been there 2 or 3 years or more. Bought some 8m extendable ladders there - they had to order from BKK.

Hmmm....not really sure about Home Expert. I needed American Standard parts that they didn't have at Nappadol Sansai and they couldn't order them for some reason. They referred me to the 'new' Nappadol San Khampaeng store. Looked fairly new to me. Not sure about a ring road. I think it was farther out??? Sorry I'm not too clear on exactly where it was. I was in a hurry that day and left for Phuket the next day.

Hmmm....not really sure about Home Expert. I needed American Standard parts that they didn't have at Nappadol Sansai and they couldn't order them for some reason. They referred me to the 'new' Nappadol San Khampaeng store. Looked fairly new to me. Not sure about a ring road. I think it was farther out??? Sorry I'm not too clear on exactly where it was. I was in a hurry that day and left for Phuket the next day.

Home Expert is the larger out of town branch of Nappadol Panich in San Kamphaeng. It still looks fairly new, but it's been there a while.

I took a tour round this place at the weekend and, even making some allowance for the fact that it's new, came away less than enthusiastic. They do carry a better range of some items than Global House but there a lot of low end junk there too and the layout seems to have been done almost at random in places. Looks like they are hoping to combine Global House, Homepro and Makro into one store.

The DIY/Home Assessory market is pretty immature here and there's no doubt that all these new housing developments will drive demand but I'd keep my bets on Global House and HomePro - Thai Watsadu reminded me of the UK's now defunct Focus group whose principal problem was lack of focus.

Incidentally, I see that GH has revamped their layout and started a new section for consumer electronics - mostly TVs and washing machines right now. It seems that they are handling these sales unlike the Hang Dong HomePro which brought in Power Buy to do their TV business.

Edited by Greenside
  • Like 1

I needed American Standard parts that they didn't have at Nappadol Sansai and they couldn't order them for some reason. They referred me to the 'new' Nappadol San Khampaeng store.

American Standard had their own store on the Super, West of Tesco Lotus perhaps 100 meters, probably still there for service and parts.

I needed American Standard parts that they didn't have at Nappadol Sansai and they couldn't order them for some reason. They referred me to the 'new' Nappadol San Khampaeng store.

American Standard had their own store on the Super, West of Tesco Lotus perhaps 100 meters, probably still there for service and parts.

Went there first. They didn't have any of the parts in stock and they called Nappadol for me and reserved everything. They said Nappadol San Khampaeng has the largest stock of American Standard parts anywhere in C.M.

Edited by elektrified