True Move Mobile 3G Service Is Ending!?

12 days ago I noticed that the Internet on my phone was down, after 2 days I called TrueMove and asked why, They said my package was limited to 90 days and that had expired. they told me that True is stopping its 3G system but can still offer the old gprs system. to continue using 3G I would have to apply for a new SIM card and change my service plan, I tried to do this but the lady at the True service counter said there is a 2 week backlog wait to connect me to the new system.

What a Bummer I use my iphone for business and need mobile internet (3G)

Anyway It seams that True have lost their 3G License and now have to piggy back off another networks system to give their customers 3G, hence the Change of Sim and 2 week wait.

I chose to take my 9 year old True phone number and migrate it to another network, which was very easy and painless.

As far as I know current True 3G users can continue to use it until their current package runs out?

I had the same problem on my phone.

I changed to post pay, new simcard and got my number ported to a new micro sim.

It took about a month for the new sim to work so I bought another pre pay card to use while waiting.

What a pain in the ass.

Same problem here, question is now which network to move to? Should I go to DTAC or AIS?

I prefer AIS, although I am with DTAC. Started on AIS, then moved to Dtac, and apart from migration taking 6 weeks! the general service is shocking. Only reason I switch was through anger at a lady in an AIS shop messing with my BB phone and sticking in the MEP code in incorrectly 10 times. I asked a simple question of where in the mall was a jailbreak shop that could unlock it and whilst one lady was answering, this other cow broke the phone. Of course, no come backs from that.

I have swapped to AIS and Migrated my phone number which was EASY. I am very happy with AIS, if you call for customer service they they fix things up for you super quick and make it painless. TrueMove however were a nightmare for 9 years I dreaded ever calling customer service and being put on "HOLD OF DOOM" listening to supermarket music for 45 mins whilst pulling my hair out. Painful.

The new network they are talking about is TrueMove-H, which is basically the same company. They are requiring everyone to switch to the new network so that customers can benefit from their HSPA 3G+ and so that they can shut down TrueMove (license is expiring).

I've been with Truemove-H for over a year and have yet to find a place that does not have 3G coverage.

Good luck,

GJ

The new network they are talking about is TrueMove-H, which is basically the same company. They are requiring everyone to switch to the new network so that customers can benefit from their HSPA 3G+ and so that they can shut down TrueMove (license is expiring).

I've been with Truemove-H for over a year and have yet to find a place that does not have 3G coverage.

Good luck,

GJ

I think true move H is the inclusion of Hutch which they took over a couple of months ago.

3G Is pretty good throughout bkk.

Good luck,

GJ

I was pushed over to True-H from TrueMove a couple of months ago in CM. The 3G service here is pitiful. I used to have decent speeds previously but not now (just ran a test iPhone 3GS via TV - 2.58 Mbps) . I also took a trip up to Mae Sai 2 months ago and got no 3G service from about 20 Km north of CM and completely dropped service (including Edge) for about half the distance, on and off, on and off. Pitiful and slow. I've got a ton of other complaints (used to be unlimited Wi-Fi connection but limited to 1 hour per month now) but you'll find out for yourself. The only saving grace, IMHO is that I post pay with no contract and they don't have my credit card number.

• Like 1

TrueMove had a "trial" 3G network in metro-Bangkok, Chiang Mai and a few other locales for a few years.

With the Hutch acquisition TrueMove created the TrueMove H brand, which resells CAT 3G. TrueMove have said they want to close their trial 3G network by "mid-year".

If you want to transition, keeping your same number, to TrueMove H you must use the MNP process.

You could initiate the MNP process to TrueMove H, DTAC or AIS (900 Mhz 3G so make sure your phone supports this) , and also get a DTAC/Happy or AIS/One-2-Call pre-paid SIM to cover the transition period. You could forward all calls from your old TrueMove number to your temporary pre-paid SIM number.

• Like 1

You could initiate the MNP process to TrueMove H, DTAC or AIS (900 Mhz 3G so make sure your phone supports this) , and also get a DTAC/Happy or AIS/One-2-Call pre-paid SIM to cover the transition period. You could forward all calls from your old TrueMove number to your temporary pre-paid SIM number.

only AIS is using 900mhz true and dtac use 850 mhz.

• Like 1

only AIS is using 900mhz true and dtac use 850 mhz.

Correct, that is what I was attempting to say by adding the detail after "AIS", perhaps I could have been clearer.

TrueMove, TrueMove H and DTAC/Happy operate 3G here on 850 MHz, while AIS/One-2-Call operate 3G on 900 MHz. TOT/MVNO's operate 3G on 2100 MHz.

I just started with TrueMove H last month, at first the service and speed were really good. I didn't keep a check on my downloads though, and because I exceeded the 5Gb limit, I got a message referring to their "fair use" policy and have been downgraded to a lower speed for the next couple of weeks !!

Is their a reliable 3G network (I'm in Phetchabun), that has a higher download limit, or even no limits?

I was with DTAC on a 400KBps aircard before, but it was terrible, kept dropping off the net, very slow speeds.

Thanks for any advice.

Wow, Living in Pattaya & BKK which has great fixed line internet I kind of forgot that a lot of people are depending on the 3G internet from their mobile phones or Aircards for their home internet in rural Thailand. whilst True advertised 7mbps 3G I only every got 1.8mbps at the max speed but I was only using it for mobile iphone internet and was happy with that. I really feel for you guys that depend on it at home!

Maybe we can turn this topic into "whos the best all round 3G provider across Thailand" Instead of a TrueMove is w_nk topic LOL

for those of you that do depend on 3G for home internet my thoughts go out for you all ! I suppose its better than I.P Star LMAO..?

Good luck,

GJ

Have you been outside Bangkok?

I just started with TrueMove H last month, at first the service and speed were really good. I didn't keep a check on my downloads though, and because I exceeded the 5Gb limit, I got a message referring to their "fair use" policy and have been downgraded to a lower speed for the next couple of weeks !!

Is their a reliable 3G network (I'm in Phetchabun), that has a higher download limit, or even no limits?

I was with DTAC on a 400KBps aircard before, but it was terrible, kept dropping off the net, very slow speeds.

Thanks for any advice.

All the major mobile broadband service providers have implemented fair-use speed-limit caps at rates varying from as low as 64 Kbps up to 384 Kbps.

You might try My by CAT which has a 4 GB with 384 Kbps speed-limit - this may be better than the current 128 Kbps fair-use speed limit with TrueMove H? This is the same physical network as TrueMove H. http://www.mybycat.c...hp?id=14&sid=44

One or more TOT's MVNOs, like IEC or 365, did have some truly unlimited packages but I am not sure if those are still available. TOT may or may not have 2100 MHz 3G coverage in your area.

http://icoverage.tot3g.net/

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 2

Same problem here, question is now which network to move to? Should I go to DTAC or AIS?

AIS all the way! safest bet. they have everything you need and the company is run well (the company used to be headed by yingluck shinawatra

Good luck,

GJ

Pattaya works with no problems at all, even out in the jungle on the dark side

Good luck,

GJ

My question is more about outside the big cities. He mentioned he has never found a place it doesn't work and I would like to know if he's tried outside the big cities. Every carrier has 3G in Pattaya so for me that is not a seller. The selling point is if their coverage is good when I travel up to Essarn to visit the inlaws.

My question is more about outside the big cities. He mentioned he has never found a place it doesn't work and I would like to know if he's tried outside the big cities. Every carrier has 3G in Pattaya so for me that is not a seller. The selling point is if their coverage is good when I travel up to Essarn to visit the inlaws.
You can review the coverage maps for TrueMove H/CAT My, TOT, AIS/One-2-Call and DTAC/Happy on their websites. I listed the providers in decreasing order of coverage, meaning TreMove H/CAT My have the most coverage, while DTAC/Happy has the least. Whether your in-laws have coverage is another matter entirely.This chart is from May 8, 2012 and reflects data as of Q1, 2012.

post-9615-0-10367700-1341649817_thumb.jp

Edited by lomatopo
  • Like 2

I bought a truemove aircard with 3G sim about 2 weeks ago. For the first 2 days it worked just fine on 3G but regretably it now only connects at 2G which is very slow. I feel ripped off! If I knew that I would only get 2G I would not have bought that card and gone with another provider. Location is Pattaya Klang.

I bought a truemove aircard with 3G sim about 2 weeks ago. For the first 2 days it worked just fine on 3G but regretably it now only connects at 2G which is very slow. I feel ripped off! If I knew that I would only get 2G I would not have bought that card and gone with another provider. Location is Pattaya Klang.

Just get a truemove-h simcard, it'll work perfect with your aircard...

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Thaivisa Connect App

That's what it is. It says iSIM truemove H on the pack the SIM CARD came with. The aircard is a E173 3G. Just can't work it out, was fine the first 2 days on 3G then it hasn't worked on 3G since. Any ideas what's going on with that?

Good luck,

GJ

Yep, I travel from Bangkok to Rayong 3 times a week and no worries at all. The only times I had issues were in underground parking or some areas.

One thing that I noticed though is that it does drain my battery pretty quickly when I am on 3G (Iphone 4s), could be just "normal" or sometimes weak signal.

GJ

That's what it is. It says iSIM truemove H on the pack the SIM CARD came with. The aircard is a E173 3G. Just can't work it out, was fine the first 2 days on 3G then it hasn't worked on 3G since. Any ideas what's going on with that?

Are you actually connected on 2G or just getting 2G speeds?

With the Huawei aircards (like yours), in the software left bottom corner where the signal strength is it says what type of connection you have.

WCDMA when on 3G (when idle, when active it should indicate HSPA or HSDPA).

If only a 2G connection is established it will indicate EDGE (or even sometimes GPRS),

With the latter problem (Edge indicated), I would go into the settings and force the aircard to only use WCDMA, instead of WCDMA preferred. You'll find this setting under tools somewhere.

If the actual connection is 3G, but you are getting slow speeds, it might be you are getting throttled down to the fair usage speed (128 kbps),

You can check by sending *900# if your software allows sending of USSD codes, alternatively send an sms message to 9789 with only a "b" in the body (without quotes).

In both cases you'll receive an sms message indicating what package you have and how much data transfer you have left.

Should look like this:

Name/Number: TrueMove-H

Time: 2012-07-08 15:14:22

Content: จาก Net650 Internet 3GB WiFi Unlimited Recurringคุณมี WIFI คงเหลือไม่จำกัดจำนวน

คุณมี อินเตอร์เนต คงเหลือ 1.32 GBใช้งานได้จนถึงวันที่ 17/07/2012

The above says I have the 3Gb unlimited package for 650 Baht/month and have 1.32 GB of data left, and it will auto renew on the 17th this month...

• Like 1

I'm not an expert by any means, but have you exceeded the download limit for the month? This varies depending on which package you have. On your Truemove internet link check your messages, that's how I found out I'd been downgraded to 2G, I'd been "naughty", and downloaded too much !

Can anyone help with this? I followed Monty's advice and sent the b to 9789, and got two messages back. unfortunately my wife is away for a few days, any translation gratefully received, thanks

message 1

โปรโมชั่น คุณสามารถใช้งาน 3G/EDGE/GPRS ความเร็วสูงสุด ได้ทั้งหมด 5.00 GB ต่อรอบบิล ปัจจุบันมียอดใช้ไป 9.66 GB หลังจากนั้นสามารถใช้ 3G/EDGE/GPRS ความเร็วสูงสุด 128K ได้ไม่จำกัด

message 2

จากโปรโมชั่น จำนวนการใช้งานสำหรับ 3G/WIFI/EDGE/GPRS คงเหลือไม่จำกัดจำนวน ใช้ได้จนถึงเวลา 24.00 ของวันที่ 18/07/2012

As I said in another post, I'm no expert, but when I'm downloading anything, at say 5 kbps, it shows much higher on the True chart thing on the connect screen, and also reads as 50 on the download screen. Is this correct? Please just say yay or nay, I'm too old to become a techie ! Thanks. smile.png

Can anyone help with this? I followed Monty's advice and sent the b to 9789, and got two messages back. unfortunately my wife is away for a few days, any translation gratefully received, thanks

message 1

โปรโมชั่น คุณสามารถใช้งาน 3G/EDGE/GPRS ความเร็วสูงสุด ได้ทั้งหมด 5.00 GB ต่อรอบบิล ปัจจุบันมียอดใช้ไป 9.66 GB หลังจากนั้นสามารถใช้ 3G/EDGE/GPRS ความเร็วสูงสุด 128K ได้ไม่จำกัด

message 2

จากโปรโมชั่น จำนวนการใช้งานสำหรับ 3G/WIFI/EDGE/GPRS คงเหลือไม่จำกัดจำนวน ใช้ได้จนถึงเวลา 24.00 ของวันที่ 18/07/2012

As I said in another post, I'm no expert, but when I'm downloading anything, at say 5 kbps, it shows much higher on the True chart thing on the connect screen, and also reads as 50 on the download screen. Is this correct? Please just say yay or nay, I'm too old to become a techie ! Thanks. smile.png

from google translate

message 1

Promotion, you can use 5.00 GB 3G/EDGE/GPRS top speed all the current billing cycle, with the 9.66 GB that can be used to speed up 3G/EDGE/GPRS 128K unlimited.

message 2.

Promotion of a number of applications for 3G/WIFI/EDGE/GPRS. Unlimited number of stocks. Until the date of 07.18.2012 at 24.00.

Message for Monty:

Monty you solved my 3G connection problems and I am very greatful for that, thank you. For some reason that "connect to" area of the settings was on GSM only, I followed your instructions and forced it to connect at WCDMA and now is connecting at 3G only. As you said previously I was on egde with a poor singal, now it is all bars, quick and on 3G.

I tried to send a message to the 2 numbers you suggested to find out about my package and promotion, in both cases my message failed to send. I just read the back of the SIM card wrapping and it says PRE H NET ONLY. I presume that means mine is an internet service only.

Anyhow thanks again for helping out.thumbsup.gif