True Move Mobile 3G Service Is Ending!?

Can anyone help with this? I followed Monty's advice and sent the b to 9789, and got two messages back. unfortunately my wife is away for a few days, any translation gratefully received, thanks

message 1

โปรโมชั่น คุณสามารถใช้งาน 3G/EDGE/GPRS ความเร็วสูงสุด ได้ทั้งหมด 5.00 GB ต่อรอบบิล ปัจจุบันมียอดใช้ไป 9.66 GB หลังจากนั้นสามารถใช้ 3G/EDGE/GPRS ความเร็วสูงสุด 128K ได้ไม่จำกัด

message 2

จากโปรโมชั่น จำนวนการใช้งานสำหรับ 3G/WIFI/EDGE/GPRS คงเหลือไม่จำกัดจำนวน ใช้ได้จนถึงเวลา 24.00 ของวันที่ 18/07/2012

As I said in another post, I'm no expert, but when I'm downloading anything, at say 5 kbps, it shows much higher on the True chart thing on the connect screen, and also reads as 50 on the download screen. Is this correct? Please just say yay or nay, I'm too old to become a techie ! Thanks. smile.png

Essentially it says means (I think, but who knows with True?) that you currently subscribe to the 5 GB plan, its renewal date is the 18th of each month, you have uploaded/downloaded 9.66 GB since 18 (or 19) June, and since you are over your 5 GB limit yor speed is limited to 128 Kbps until 18 July.

Speed is often measured in Kbps or Kilo bits per second.

File transfer speeds are often displayed in KBps or Kilo Bytes per second.

1 Byte = 8 bits.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a TPLInk 3G router, TrueMove Postpaid Sim, 10GB per month at 1699 Baht subription per month, a 6 meter Antenna for the roof, AT&T Aircard. Investment 10.500 Baht last Saturday. Speed on Saturday and Sunday was a good 500-700KB per second. Since Monday morning I am now on 5KB per second but still have 6.5GB not used yet (according to TRUE).

Interesting is that next to our village, 2 houses with the same Hardware have the same problem with the drop in speed.

I think True has a technical glitch in the province of Sakon Nakhon and I feel I have been screwed by them.

I just started with TrueMove H last month, at first the service and speed were really good. I didn't keep a check on my downloads though, and because I exceeded the 5Gb limit, I got a message referring to their "fair use" policy and have been downgraded to a lower speed for the next couple of weeks !!

Is their a reliable 3G network (I'm in Phetchabun), that has a higher download limit, or even no limits?

I was with DTAC on a 400KBps aircard before, but it was terrible, kept dropping off the net, very slow speeds.

Thanks for any advice.

All the major mobile broadband service providers have implemented fair-use speed-limit caps at rates varying from as low as 64 Kbps up to 384 Kbps.

You might try My by CAT which has a 4 GB with 384 Kbps speed-limit - this may be better than the current 128 Kbps fair-use speed limit with TrueMove H? This is the same physical network as TrueMove H. http://www.mybycat.c...hp?id=14&sid=44

One or more TOT's MVNOs, like IEC or 365, did have some truly unlimited packages but I am not sure if those are still available. TOT may or may not have 2100 MHz 3G coverage in your area.

http://icoverage.tot3g.net/

Lomatopo,

I bought a My by CAT card with a postpaid 4GB package 590 Baht/month + VAT on May 30 in Pattaya and I'm very happy with it. It probably was on your advice, lomatopo, if I recall correctly. I hardly ever get 1MB, but that is not a problem at all, but I always have an acceptable Internet speed and that's here in the outback of Surin province where there is no cable Internet. When my 4GB are used up, I really get 384 KB fair usage and that's wonderful.but I don't get this with TRUE-H. With True-H, when my 5GB (990 Baht + VAT) are used up, I have no more Internet. That;'s the truth and nothing but the truth. So be forewarned.

I still have not received an invoice yet from CAT for the month of June... My wife will call CAT tomorrow.