Scanning And Emailing Supporting Documents For Uk Visit Visa

basically, can i do this?

i have most of my evidence from the last visa so im all prepared. i just need to print off latest skype chat, phone records and bank statements.

what i want to scan and send is wage slips, i could send them in the post but im not a fan of the thai postal system. i know they like to see original documents but right now i cant affoard to be flying out to thailand to give them to my GF. even if i send the wage slips to her along with everything else i am going to be short a few because i have to send it a few weeks in advance! so i would have no choice to but to email the latest wage slips.

so what do you think i should do? the evidence is there but it just wont be original documents, bit worried about how im gonna go about this

We have always sent originals (keeping copies!) of documents except sponsors passport.

Never had a problem with the Thai post - generally takes about 4 days. Make sure it is track able. An odd up to date document such as a up to date statement or wage slip really should not be a problem especially if older, originals are present and you include a quick note. The ECO is looking at the balance of evidence to support or reject an application. An odd non-standard document is unlikely to tip the balance!

you say make sure its trackable, which company did you use to send it?

Post Office. It is not trackable on-line outside the UK but it is still 'trackable' (or identifiable at least) if missing by phoning the Thai post office. A signature is required and this will eventually show up on the post office website!

• 1 month later...

Royal Mail can be tracked in Thailand using the registration number given when it was sent registered post in the UK.

However, Royal Mail cannot ( will not?) track incoming international mail as per there website!

I regularly recieve documents from home sent registered post and can even tell when the Thai post will deliver it to my home.