Samsung Galaxy S3 Vs Htc One X

Anyone here in BKK/Thailand have either one of these phones? They both seem pretty awesome. I'd like to hear your experience around local prices and day-to-day usage while here in Thailand.

I'm leaning slightly towards the S3 but my friend did a comparison and chose the HTC One X (I think build quality was the killer for him).

Thoughts?

Battery life is nowhere as good on HTC one x as S3.

S3 overall software experience seems smoother also.

My next phone will be a Motorola Razr Maxx. It has a 4.3 inch screen and a huge 3300 mAp battery. Being splash resistant and having a Gorilla glass screen are also big plusses for me.They are now available from invadeIT for 17,900 baht.

I almost got the one x but a fairly weak non replaceable bat was a deal breaker for me. So out of those 2 I'd go SGS3.

I'd consider a galaxy nexus import from mbk if you wanna save 10K. Advantage is you get the new jellybean OS which makes it much smoother than any ics device. No regrets at all getting mine - I will only go for nexus devices now.

Edited by lennois

I find the battery life fine, I use my HOX regularly throughout the day for calls, browsing and skype and still have 30%-40% battery life left late at night before I sleep (and therefore charge)

Which phone is better is a matter of personal preference. If like me you like HTC sense, then I suspect the HOX would be better for you, some will disagree that Sense is good and it is a resource hog, but I think it's worth it and if I am honest on a phone like the HOX you won't notice any difference.

I don't see a problem with a non removable battery, I don't need to remove my battery and if I need extra battery power I will just buy an external power pack (for the same price as an extra battery would be).

Likewise I don't have a problem with no SD card slot, the HOX has 32g of space, I really do not need any more than that and I would be surprised if anyone does. For those that still fret HTC have thrown in 25gb of Dropbox space for free for 2 years.

Also I have read Samsung has reliability and support issues, not saying HTC haven't but my previous experiences have been very good.

This may sound biased towards the HOX, and it probably is as I am over the moon with it, but the truth is I haven't had a play with the S3 yet so I can't make a direct comparison. I have however played with an S2 and missed Sense.

Really, at this level your experience with each phone will be nearly identical so you may find your choice will be purely aesthetic.

Totster :D

Depends how much you use your phone I guess. If you are a moderate-heavy user of the screen you aren't getting a day out of any of the big screen phones (except for perhaps the razor maxx), hence why I like a replaceable battery. Battery is more convenient to carry and use than an external charger (carry mine in my wallet.)

http://blog.gsmarena...lts-are-inside/

My problem with Sense or any other skin is it unnecessarily delays updates. Jelly is already on my nexus (and running smooth as butter) while phones with skins are still fumbling around trying to get ics on them. Skins were useful when android was in its infancy, but nowadays they are a waste of space imo.

Edited by lennois

I find the battery life fine, I use my HOX regularly throughout the day for calls, browsing and skype and still have 30%-40% battery life left late at night before I sleep (and therefore charge)

Which phone is better is a matter of personal preference. If like me you like HTC sense, then I suspect the HOX would be better for you, some will disagree that Sense is good and it is a resource hog, but I think it's worth it and if I am honest on a phone like the HOX you won't notice any difference.

I don't see a problem with a non removable battery, I don't need to remove my battery and if I need extra battery power I will just buy an external power pack (for the same price as an extra battery would be).

Likewise I don't have a problem with no SD card slot, the HOX has 32g of space, I really do not need any more than that and I would be surprised if anyone does. For those that still fret HTC have thrown in 25gb of Dropbox space for free for 2 years.

Also I have read Samsung has reliability and support issues, not saying HTC haven't but my previous experiences have been very good.

This may sound biased towards the HOX, and it probably is as I am over the moon with it, but the truth is I haven't had a play with the S3 yet so I can't make a direct comparison. I have however played with an S2 and missed Sense.

Really, at this level your experience with each phone will be nearly identical so you may find your choice will be purely aesthetic.

Totster :D

Had Totster not posted this my reply would have pretty much been identical.

Just to add a little if you are in to music then the built-in Beats Audio would be the deal breaker. With various sound profiles available to choose from the audio is tremendous. I've had my One X a couple of months and while the price is still pretty much the same the free beats audio headphone offer is now on. That's several thousand baht worth. Wish the deal was on when I got mine.

Tremendous phone with a typically HTC quality feel.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by dvdlock

Disagree. I have a One X, and my friend at work the S3. We get very similar usage. He might get an extra hour, but nothing more.

I am an constant phone fondler... What's App, games in the toilet, music to and from work, browsing the market, and surfing the net, mail etc. I usually get 12-14 hours of use per day from my One X.

I had the Galaxy Note before, and much prefer the HTC interface too, although I always use a 3rd party launcher for extra customisation options. That's what's so great about Android, you can do what you want.

A friend was saying he has had some wifi problems with his One X and there are lots of complaints on forums etc about this too.

This issue only affects a small number of users, I certainly haven't had any problems. As it is a hardware fault I would assume that new handsets will have been updated (HTC have announced a fix)

totster :D