Good Websites For Plane Tickets?

When are you going?

I find the airlines are better, and I compare prices by using either momondo or matrix.software.

There is a pinned topic about travel and at the moment Emirates and Lufthansa as well as Qatar have deals on, depending on your dates.

You'll usually find the best prices direct with the airlines ....

It depends.

I just booked a flight with Emirates via a consolidator for GBP565. The same flight on Emirates' own website was GBP650.

Previously I flew with Swiss for GBP575 which I did buy from the airline, saving some GBP10 over the cost of buying via a consolidator.

Prior to that I flew with Qatar, again via a consolidator saving about GBP30 on the airline's own price.

The important thing to remember is that the prices vary constantly, by the minute sometimes. Whoever is cheap today may be expensive tomorrow (Swiss are expensive now but were cheap last year) and the only way to get a good price on the day is to research it on the day.

Edited by Darrel

You'll usually find the best prices direct with the airlines ....

It depends.

I just booked a flight with Emirates via a consolidator for GBP565. The same flight on Emirates' own website was GBP650.

Previously I flew with Swiss for GBP575 which I did buy from the airline, saving some GBP10 over the cost of buying via a consolidator.

Prior to that I flew with Qatar, again via a consolidator saving about GBP30 on the airline's own price.

The important thing to remember is that the prices vary constantly, by the minute sometimes. Whoever is cheap today may be expensive tomorrow (Swiss are expensive now but were cheap last year) and the only way to get a good price on the day is to research it on the day.

Which consolidator did you use?

Thankyou for this thread, it is gold. I found a flight from Penang to BKK for 99$ per person biggrin.png smiles all round. I used kayak by the way

Great! Also don't forget it can do a continual search for you. Alerting you as prices go up and down. Great stuff if you have the time to deal with it.

Maybe not much help for you but in Australia I use jetabroad.com then go to a flitecentre shop and get them to pricematch. I saved over a thousand last time booking 3 tickets. Perhaps your local travel agent will pricematch also if your like me I dont like to pay for air tickets on internet. I dont know why, I just prefer walking into a real shop and getting handed my ticket before getting to airport and finding theres a problem.

Maybe not much help for you but in Australia I use jetabroad.com then go to a flitecentre shop and get them to pricematch. I saved over a thousand last time booking 3 tickets. Perhaps your local travel agent will pricematch also if your like me I dont like to pay for air tickets on internet. I dont know why, I just prefer walking into a real shop and getting handed my ticket before getting to airport and finding theres a problem.

Wow a thousand, that is quite the bargin. I know that feeling though, it feels a lot more secure if you have an actual ticket in your hand rather than some information stored on a computer in an airport. When I first came to Thailand I booked an e-ticket and I was worried as hell about it not checking out, especially as I booked my friends ticket and I spelt his last name incorrectly by one letter. It ended up okay in the end though :)

When I am in Penang I may go to the tavel agengy and book a flight back to Bangkok that way, even though for 2 people it is 6,000baht on the net, I am sure it could be 5,000 from the agents.