Cheap Email Phone

Sydneycraig

ok, so my iphone has died and cant be fixed...

im reluctant to spend 23k on a 4s when the 5 will be out withing 6 months (?)

i dont "need" an iphone - all i really need is something to;

1.send/receive emails

2. ability to use skype (with a camera a benefit but quality not a major issue)

3 google maps with gps would be a big help.

4. text/calls every now and then

so any cheap phones out there that can do this or should i just get the 4s like evryone else?!

Being intellectually challenged I was faced with the same dilemma only that I was upgrading from a Nokia 12 yrs old. Virtually everyone I talked to said forget the Iphone, rubbish dumps are full of them, virtually unrepairable. I wanted something built like a brick shit-house, gorilla glass etc, the works. Most recommended was a Samsung Galaxy S2 even by those that also had a S3. Slightly smaller, lighter and 5,000 cheaper. Priced in Phuket, 17,500, got in Sing. during a visa run for 14,000. Paid for the air fare. Happy camper !

Slowly learning how to drive it but if you've had a smartphone already the transition shouldn't be too difficult. Also bought a 2,800 mAh battery piggy back case, = total 2.1/2 days use, extra1600 baht. No brainer,

I guess it will do everything except ................................wash your clothes.

Samsung Galaxy Y (young at heath). Does it all and the integration to google services is just great. I got one for myself. 4790 bath few week ago.

GPS, Wifi, 3G (I'm using DTAC), Google maps, calendar, gmail, contacts integration out of the box. Just insert your google credentials and you are good to go.

DTAC have 1GB high speed data and after that speed is capped to 358kbps, which is good enough for mostly everything. 420 bath/month.

Add: Downside is the that screen is not big.. and therefore writing emails is not so convenient. Good for reading. I forgot to mention this as I basically never write anything with the phone :)

Edited by Guest

I recently bout Galaxy S2 and it's great, cheaper, bigger screen and better specs than Apple4s. Picked it up in Udon Thani Samsung shop for 15,000.

Apple are no longer the market leader in smartphones.

Yes, they've been amazing innovators, have some great products, but others have caught up and are overtaking.

• Like 1