How Hard Is It For A Thai To Open A One Teacher School Legally And Hire A Farang?

Another thing to note. When you say "school", I am not sure if you are talking about a language school or a school that would be considered a "private school". Any private school, the Thai owner must have earned a Master's Degree in education.

If I remember right, the general rule is: for every foreigner you intend to employ, your company (i.e. your school) must have a minimum of 2 million Baht paid-up capital registered, plus the company must employ at least 4 Thai nationals for every foreigner who works in the company.

I don't know whether there exist any special regulations for schools, though.

Depends how much money you've got!

There are ways around everything.

If you've got 1m baht, the likelihood to the answer is yes, it's possible.

If you are married to a Thai better, as you can employ her family to teach, as names on the books to make up 5 Thais, but yiu have to salary them something. If you can buy a friendy in the labour dept for 100k, more the better.

You need to extrapolate more on intent. Do you have a Master's degree? If you don't - forget it - you're dreaming!

-mel.

If I remember right, the general rule is: for every foreigner you intend to employ, your company (i.e. your school) must have a minimum of 2 million Baht paid-up capital registered, plus the company must employ at least 4 Thai nationals for every foreigner who works in the company.

I don't know whether there exist any special regulations for schools, though.

Half all this if you are married to a Thai........ 1M + two Thais

I was educated in a one teacher school for 6 years. Sorry 7 years I was held back one year because I was left handed. I realise this was a long time ago but I do not believe one teacher schools do work. I did not learn to my capacity.