Money Belts

chuang

Hi there, anyone knows where to get those leather "momey belts"......cos few months ago whilst shopping at Bangkok Pratunam found my wallet missing..don't know whether I lost it or being pick-pocketed....credit cards ended up in Luxembourg trying to shop on-line....so just in case for my next trip to BKK..thanks

There are a bunch of different kinds, but Boots Drug store usually has the kind with a pouch that loops over your belt and slips in the front of your trousers in their small travel section.

60091101.jpg

Edited by Ulysses G.

I have buy one in duty free zone in airport of Geneva / Switzerland and an other in Frankfurt / Germany by this I guess you can find it in each European airport, the real belt I mean which have a zipper at the inner side ...... my little boy would not be happy if a wallet hide his view and of course false his shilouette

^^^^ UG: '...slips in the front of your trousers....'

I second this recommendation. Have had one for 15+ years, ever since the typical external waist pouch available then, which was worn at my back, was sliced open by a group of Vietnamese females who had blocked the walkway while another surreptitiously sliced open my pouch. My wallet in my front pocket was saved but my camera was stolen. Did not realize until I cleared the scuffle and wondered what was up with that. A side stander gave chase and returned with my camera. Policemen watching the scene, did nothing.

The external pouches do attract thieves especially while being jostled in a crowd or elsewhere.

The one Ulysses recommends does indeed loop over your belt and slides inside your pants just under your front pocket.

The groping comment above is ridiculous: use the local 'gents' to extract the needed cash.

Thanks Ulysses. I need a new one despite my just having the olde one reinforced by my local seamstress.

Edited by ataloss

I second this recommendation. Have had one for 15+ years, ever since the typical external waist pouch available then, which was worn at my back, was sliced open by a group of Vietnamese females who had blocked the walkway while another surreptitiously sliced open my pouch. My wallet in my front pocket was saved but my camera was stolen. Did not realize until I cleared the scuffle and wondered what was up with that. A side stander gave chase and returned with my camera. Policemen watching the scene, did nothing.

The external pouches do attract thieves especially while being jostled in a crowd or elsewhere.

The one Ulysses recommends does indeed loop over your belt and slides inside your pants just under your front pocket.

The groping comment above is ridiculous: use the local 'gents' to extract the needed cash.

Thanks Ulysses. I need a new one despite my just having the olde one reinforced by my local seamstress.

Try to even find the local Gents in the market.

+1

I am just about to travel to Europe for my daughter's wedding and always get nervous about leaving valuables in my carry-on in the overhead locker or uncomfortable trying to keep them on me.

Thanks