Miser

krobert6

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've known a couple of grifters in Thailand. First they start by asking to borrow ridiculously small amounts of cash, such as 20 baht. They would proceed to promptly pay their 'loan' back. After time they would hit you up for a much larger amount, such as two thousand baht or even a lot more, which they would never return. When asked for it back they would claim, that they'd fallen on hard times', until eventually you'd have to write it off as bad debt.

Edited by somchaismith

The OP stated...

"I have a few houses and the one in Thailand is about the cost of a recent carport I put up in OZ (not really a concern to me)"

"Guilty - No , this is what she likes - if she ever needed more she would get it on request. I think it would be a big mistake to give her without her needing it."

"No aircon - I hate it."

"I have just purchased 6 wall fans though so the elec should go up a bit when I get there "

"lol well I did leave her with enough gas to cook smile.png veg from the garden, eggs from the chicken farm, fish from the fish farm - we can see both from the lounge window."

"True vision - extrav... I put in satellite with 2 channels 4400 with no monthly "

B100 per day for 3 is more than sufficient, actually there should be spare change left over.!whistling.gif.. A$1 per person per day!

OP hold onto your wife very dearly!rolleyes.gif

Edited by edwinclapham

If I was married, I would expect my wife to stay at home and look after me, and the home. Clean the car, wash the motorbike. Feed the pets.

There would be more than enough for her to do, without having to go out to work.

I'm not sure about a salary of 100 baht a day though. Seems rather generous.

Scrimping mothers? We were that poor etc etc > Monty Python (can't be bothered linking it, as it's being done loads of times.) We were that poor dad never paid any tax during his working life, and that is a fact.

Simply put, i am not off my meds, nor do i take meds.

The non-sequiturs (lyrics from a Smiths song) i have been posting are just my way of avoiding pointing out that nobody really gives a shit how much money you wife spends or doesn't spend. That some girls are bigger than others -- people are indeed different.

These threads are akin to somebody asserting that their puppy shits on the rug and having somebody else say mine doesn't.

The point to these threads is simple. Those with dogs that shit the rug are looking for commiseration with other people saddled with crap animals, those without are more than content to smugly point out that by some amount of skill, superiority or commons sense they got a good 'un.

The fact of the matter is that most of the posters who actually feel the need to contribute to these inane discussions have all settled up in some way and perhaps share enough doubt in the suitability of their choices to seek the reassurance of others who have made similar poor choices.

perhaps i should have stuck to what appeared to be non-sequiturs

That's pretty esoteric, quoting lyrics from a Smiths song. Did you assume that everyone would grasp this rather vague reference? Now you have had to post to explain yourself, it might have just been easier just to make your point clear at the get go.

my initial point was to avoid making my point, while hoping at least one person out there got it.

but really, i was just taking the piss

How many wives live in the Australian houses ??

You have totally lost me with that

You do know there are a lot of posters giving expert opinions about living in Thailand who live in Australia?

I don't know how they do it. Good ESP I guess.

I don't give my wife any money, she knows what we have and that when it is gone it is gone so spends accordingly. She is not my employee so I'm not going to give her a salary and she doesn't expect or ask for any.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect App

My wife has the ATM card, she pays for everything and just tells me when to send more money to the bank account.