PM Yingluck Abroad On Decision Day: Charter Amendment Verdict

webfact

I hope the trend to skip the country for an age will happen to Yingluck. IT'S OLYMPIC time again. Her bother did just that.

He loves sport, what an athletic type of man he is, Yingluck the same working out at the gym- and the olympics are 2 weeks away. Fingers crossed eh????

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps....... in the vain of reconciliation, the spirit of working together and finally taking overall consideration of others into play, the esteemed court, could be so kind as to inquire as to when her importantness will be available and back in Thailand as to be able to be in attendance , and then the court would make the announcement at this much more convenient time.

After all we all know how much she would want to be in attendance.

I think just a nice re conciliatory type of gesture on the part of the court.

whistling.gif

I think the fact that she places so much importance oh her (sorry, her father's business interests) speaks volumes. No interest whatsoever in the good of the country.

Perhaps....... in the vain of reconciliation, the spirit of working together and finally taking overall consideration of others into play, the esteemed court, could be so kind as to inquire as to when her importantness will be available and back in Thailand as to be able to be in attendance , and then the court would make the announcement at this much more convenient time.

After all we all know how much she would want to be in attendance.

I think just a nice re conciliatory type of gesture on the part of the court.

whistling.gif

I think the fact that she places so much importance oh her (sorry, her father's business interests) speaks volumes. No interest whatsoever in the good of the country.

Her father's business?? Her daddy, Lert, has been gone these past few years.ermm.gif

Perhaps Thaksin is her father figure.

I would give her a pass on this one....

She does not have any control over when the courts will release their verdict and as she is speaking, I am sure this trip was set up well in advance

It wouldn't make any sense for her to cancel the trip and speech just to here courts verdict as she can here that anywhere

Now if after she comes back and a reporter asks her about the verdict and she says she can not comment as she was not in the country when the verdict was released... Then I would have an issue...

• Like 1

Foreign Minister Surapong Towichukchaikul said Yingluck will leave Bangkok for Siem Reap at 3pm on Friday

Just wondering, what time will the court read it's verdict ?

I just wondering will PTP and the Red Shirts will accept the outcome?

Foreign Minister Surapong Towichukchaikul said Yingluck will leave Bangkok for Siem Reap at 3pm on Friday

After a couple of judges resigned (they have also lifes and families) Thaksin will have secured the right decision.

• Like 1

FM Surapong shows Clinton's invitation for PM Yingluck to join the Siem Reap's US-Asean Busienss Forum http://bit.ly/Mex3r7 / via @veen_NT

AxaqEgRCMAEl-JU.jpg

That will have Mrs Clinton laughing her socks off. Isn't it a little bit cheesy that heads of state would put invitations from other heads of state in a frame. How embarrassing.

Is that the Four Seasons hotel?

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 1

Now, come on, she doesn't need to be there to hear the verdict, what for?

That and the issue of her lack of leadership and avoidance of parliament and any sort or form of public debate are different things. She is not needed or required to sit in court to hear the verdict and harping on that only serves to throw chaff to those who would cling to the smallest, most rotten piece of straw to defend her pathetic "premiership".

I do find myself in partial agreement with you.... I do agree with the part you write, " She is not needed or required", its after this that our opinions do start to differ.

"I have to stay focused on my duty. I have a mission to complete",

Your mission should be for the good of the Thai people not to only benefit your family!

Her mission, should she decide to accept it, is to stay away from parliment only when it is in session. She can only go when no none else is there.

Now, come on, she doesn't need to be there to hear the verdict, what for?

That and the issue of her lack of leadership and avoidance of parliament and any sort or form of public debate are different things. She is not needed or required to sit in court to hear the verdict and harping on that only serves to throw chaff to those who would cling to the smallest, most rotten piece of straw to defend her pathetic "premiership".

I do find myself in partial agreement with you.... I do agree with the part you write, " She is not needed or required", its after this that our opinions do start to differ.

I will agree with that.

Is that her official position?

Yes. Her official position is: I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing and I say nothing.

Aptly enough, since the 4 Seasons non-meeting, she seems to have added the 4th wise monkey to her profile.

• Like 1

Yes. Her official position is: I know nothing, I see nothing, I hear nothing and I say nothing.

Aptly enough, since the 4 Seasons non-meeting, she seems to have added the 4th wise monkey to her profile.

Heard through the grapevine that she will be discussing oil concessions on ber brother's behalf and is meeting with Chevron too. Hun Sen eager to start production in Block A

Kudos to Yingluck for giving the CC all the attention it deserves

(and to its great shame the usual media have failed to call the proceedings exactly what they are - A FARCE)

The military proposes a constitution, offers it to a referendum with no known alternative, even the opposing political parties said best to accept now and amend later, yet look at all the fuss when amendments are attempted (in a conciliatory/consultative way, rather than just ram them through parliament, which PT would be quite within their rights to do)

Contrast that to the military trashing the 1997 'peoples' constitution with a coup (and the stroke of a pen), and it makes it absolutely clear who it really is who should be answering charges of wanting to overthrow the democratic system with the king as head of state.

Yet the farce continues.

T.I.T.

(and to its great shame the usual media have failed to call the proceedings exactly what they are - A FARCE)

The military proposes a constitution, offers it to a referendum with no known alternative, even the opposing political parties said best to accept now and amend later, yet look at all the fuss when amendments are attempted (in a conciliatory/consultative way, rather than just ram them through parliament, which PT would be quite within their rights to do)

Contrast that to the military trashing the 1997 'peoples' constitution with a coup (and the stroke of a pen), and it makes it absolutely clear who it really is who should be answering charges of wanting to overthrow the democratic system with the king as head of state.

Yet the farce continues.

T.I.T.

So the army is the root of all evil and Thaksin is a choirboy?

the "say nothing" official position reinforced...

Yingluck will not discuss energy deal: Surapong

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has no conflict of interest in the energy deal with Cambodia when she visits Siem Reap on Friday to join US-Asean Business Forum at the invitation of US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said Tuesday.

Yingluck would have a bilateral meeting with Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen but the main agenda was cooperation on the road connecting the border and Laos's Xayaburi dam, over which Cambodia is concerned about the impacts and not the gas deal in the Gulf of Thailand, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-10

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has no conflict of interest in the energy deal with Cambodia when she visits Siem Reap on Friday to join US-Asean Business Forum at the invitation of US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said Tuesday.

Yingluck would have a bilateral meeting with Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen but the main agenda was cooperation on the road connecting the border and Laos's Xayaburi dam, over which Cambodia is concerned about the impacts and not the gas deal in the Gulf of Thailand, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-10

It must be true, then cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Now, waiting for GK to explain me the real stuff.

Edited by saltandpepper

Only if The DL instructs them, and that will be dependent on what the outcome is.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-10

Ha ha ha.

So why is Chevron "tagging along"?

• Like 1

FM Surapong shows Clinton's invitation for PM Yingluck to join the Siem Reap's US-Asean Busienss Forum http://bit.ly/Mex3r7 / via @veen_NT

AxaqEgRCMAEl-JU.jpg

Its interesting that Yingluck, the PM of Thailand an ASEAN member needed an invitation to attend the US-Asean Busienss Forum from Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton the 67th United States Secretary of State rather than Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen, when Cambodia is the current chair of ASEAN and the host country. It makes it seem like she is a last minute inclusion, the US whistles and Yingluck, the bimbo Thai Prime Minister comes running despite all pressing concerns in her own country.

Hi Hillary I am here..............post-46292-0-81070100-1341911171_thumb.jpg

Sorry, Yingluck, I am meeting with a true leader...............post-46292-0-03800700-1341911280_thumb.jpg

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

Yet the farce continues.

T.I.T.

Pointless to discus that (as I doubt you like banging your head against a brick wall any more than I do smile.png

If you are interested, though, you might try researching how Thaksin got his big break in business?

Anyway, for me, the decision on Friday should be fun, just to see what creative way the CC court judges can avoid loss of face smile.png

Yet the farce continues.

T.I.T.

Pointless to discus that (as I doubt you like banging your head against a brick wall any more than I do smile.png

If you are interested, though, you might try researching how Thaksin got his big break in business?

Anyway, for me, the decision on Friday should be fun, just to see what creative way the CC court judges can avoid loss of face smile.png

I know his history of getting the mobile concession from a general post-coup.

I think the hearing will go one of two ways.

The PTP will be informed that the Constitution is not something that can be hacked about willy nilly and that there are procedures to follow.

Equally they may be informed that their unholy union with the UDD is unconstitutional as is having the country dictated to by an unelected fugitive from Dubai.

If the latter then anything could occur!

Yet the farce continues.

T.I.T.

Thaksin and his wife began several businesses while he was still in the police, including a silk shop, a movie theater, and an apartment building. All were failures and left him over 50 million baht in debt. In 1982 he established ICSI; using his police contacts, he leased computers to government agencies with modest success. However, later ventures in security systems (SOS) and public bus radio services (Bus Sound) all failed.[38][39] In April 1986, he founded Advanced Info Service (AIS), which started off as a computer rental business.[40]

In 1987 Thaksin resigned from the police. He then marketed a romance drama called "Baan Sai Thong", which became a popular success in theaters.[41][42] In 1988 he joined Pacific Telesis to operate and market the PacLink pager service, a modest success, though Thaksin later sold his shares to establish his own paging company.[38][43] In 1989 he launched IBC, a cable television company. At that time, Thaksin had a very good relationship with Chalerm Yoobumrung the Minister of the Prime Minister Office who was in charge of Thai press and media. It is a question that remains unanswered whether Chalerm granted the right to Thaksin to establish IBC just to benefit his close friend, seeing that this project had been denied by the previous administration but instantly accepted a very short period after Chalerm came to office.[44] However, it turned out to lose money and he eventually merged this company with the CP Group's UTV.[38][45] In 1989, Thaksin established a data networking service, Shinawatra DataCom,[38] today known as Advanced Data Network and owned by AIS and the TOT.[46] Many of Thaksin's businesses were later consolidated as Shin Corp.

http://en.wikipedia....ksin_Shinawatra

William "Bill" L Monson is an American cable television businessman and the current President of Seattle-based Clearview International and Clearview Wireless and manager of Hawaii-based CTVC. In the 1980s, Monson was involved in the establishment of Video Link, a Thai cable television joint-venture between Clearview and Thaksin Shinawatra's Shinawatra Computer and Communications (today known as Shin Corporation) and International Broadcasting Company (IBC, today known as United Broadcasting Corporation).

In 1995, he and four other plaintiffs filed breach of contract charges against Thaksin and 16 other defendants, the plaintiffs demanding 4.13 billion baht in compensation. In 2002, a court threw out the breach of contract charges after finding that the contract between Monson and Thaksin had never taken effect.

Monson also filed a lawsuit claiming that Thaksin lied to a civil court during a trial on 22 July 1996 and demanded 6 billion baht in compensation. In September 2006, the court ruled that Monson had failed to bring Thaksin to court within the statute of limitations after filing the lawsuit. Monson defended his case by noting that "We never got to argue or look at the facts of the case. We lost this round based on a legal technicality."[2] A second charge of perjury against Thaksin was also dismissed.[3] Both cases are on appeal. Monson has won a civil case over ownership of equipment in two lower courts and are awaiting a Supreme Court decision following resolution of the criminal charges against Thaksin et al.

In February 2007, Thaksin's wife requested that the Bank of Thailand allow her to transfer 400 million baht to the United Kingdom so that she could purchase a house. The central bank originally had no objection to the transfer, until Monson sent a latter to the central bank Governor. He claimed that the money transfer would jeopardise his legal cases against Thaksin, and threatened to hold the bank responsible for any damages he might incur. The Bank of Thailand then agreed to not permit the transfer.[4][5]

Monson was married to a Thai woman and has two children.[6]

http://en.wikipedia....lliam_L._Monson

Thaksins business career was one of failure unless he engaged in corruption.

I likewise eagerly await the determinations of the constitutional court.

Edited by waza

Yet the farce continues.

T.I.T.

I know his history of getting the mobile concession from a general post-coup.

I think the hearing will go one of two ways.

The PTP will be informed that the Constitution is not something that can be hacked about willy nilly and that there are procedures to follow.

Equally they may be informed that their unholy union with the UDD is unconstitutional as is having the country dictated to by an unelected fugitive from Dubai.

If the latter then anything could occur!

Quite amusing, your use of the term 'unelected' smile.png

You may recall the PT election platform included constitutional amendments, and the electorate didn't seem to mind, did it?.

(they even had an election slogan: 'Thaksin thinks, Pheu Thai acts' smile.png

You might like to read Sec 68 of the constitution, and even if you can see how the court decided to accept the petitions without the Attorney General's recommendation, I'd really like to see how the proposed amendments can be said to in any way : overthrow the democratic regime of government with the King as Head of State under this Constitution or to acquire the power to rule the country by any means which is not in accordance with the modes provided in this Constitution ?

(Of course, I ask that question on the assumption we are not talking about a kangaroo court)

• Like 1