Confused About 90 Days Report - 7 Or 15 Days Before?

Sorry about this - looked at C.M. Immigration website and saw (in Thai) that the window for 90 days reporting is 7 days BEFORE until 7 days AFTER the required renewal date.

I was under the impression that the BEFORE window was 15 days - although I've never actually used it before (but want to use it now!). The website info might not be updated correctly, so I'd like confirmation that the BEFORE window is either 7 or 15 days.

Cheers biggrin.png

Splod

Thanks

I took the original info from here:

http://chiangmaiimm.com/en/-90-.html

which is apparently the English part of the website - but - err - in Thai. rolleyes.gif

4. คนต่างด้าวสามารถแจ้งที่พักอาศัยได้ ก่อนหรือหลัง 7 วัน นับจากวันครบกําหนด หากเกินกําหนดนัด หรือเกินกําหนดที่จะต้อง แจ้งคนต่างด้าวต้องมารายงานตัวด้วยตนเองเพื่อดําเนินการเปรียบเทียบปรับ

- here, there is only a mention of a 7 day before and after window (according to the wife).

hence my being slightly (well - very!) confused.

Cheers biggrin.png

Splod

Edited by CaptainSplod

My 90 day report is due on 30th July. I fly out of Thailand on 3rd August. Can I safely not bother with reporting this time ?

And before I get the usual " well, isn't it your job to know " posts, I deal with overseas visas, not visas for Thailand wink.png . Visas for Thailand, and Thailand rules and regs, remain a mystery to me.

Edited by VisasPlus

My 90 day report is due on 30th July. I fly out of Thailand on 3rd August. Can I safely not bother with reporting this time ?

And before I get the usual " well, isn't it your job to know " posts, I deal with overseas visas, not visas for Thailand wink.png . Visas for Thailand, and Thailand rules and regs, remain a mystery to me.

----------------

whistling.gif This being Thailand I can't give you a absolute definate answer to that question.

However, in my opinion, it would be a smart move to do your reporting before you leave....and at the same time purchase an exit re-entry permit...assuming you intend to return that is.

That way you solve two problems...you satisfy the 90 day reporting requirement and your 90 day reporting clock will be reset on your return to Thailand.

Also, simce you can do 90 day reporting early and the 30th of July is an Monday (likely to be very busy at immigration since they will be closed Saturday and Sunday); I suggest you might want to do all those things by going to immigration on the 28th of July...a Friday and likely to be less busy.

wai.gif

Thanks

I took the original info from here:

http://chiangmaiimm.com/en/-90-.html

which is apparently the English part of the website - but - err - in Thai. rolleyes.gif

4. คนต่างด้าวสามารถแจ้งที่พักอาศัยได้ ก่อนหรือหลัง 7 วัน นับจากวันครบกําหนด หากเกินกําหนดนัด หรือเกินกําหนดที่จะต้อง แจ้งคนต่างด้าวต้องมารายงานตัวด้วยตนเองเพื่อดําเนินการเปรียบเทียบปรับ

- here, there is only a mention of a 7 day before and after window (according to the wife).

hence my being slightly (well - very!) confused.

Cheers biggrin.png

Splod

Very old information. Look at the date Written by Administrator Sunday, 13 November 2011 09:23

----------------

whistling.gif This being Thailand I can't give you a absolute definate answer to that question.

However, in my opinion, it would be a smart move to do your reporting before you leave....and at the same time purchase an exit re-entry permit...assuming you intend to return that is.

That way you solve two problems...you satisfy the 90 day reporting requirement and your 90 day reporting clock will be reset on your return to Thailand.

Also, simce you can do 90 day reporting early and the 30th of July is an Monday (likely to be very busy at immigration since they will be closed Saturday and Sunday); I suggest you might want to do all those things by going to immigration on the 28th of July...a Friday and likely to be less busy.

wai.gif

Thank you. I will try to get there earlier than the Monday.

I have done my first 90 day reporting following cancellation of my Work permit. I reported 14 days early and the next 90 day reporting is from the date of of reporting so have lost 14 days. Sort of thought it would be post dated to 90 days from the date of my retirement visa. So actually done 76 day reporting on this first one. No big deal but fyi for future.

No problems at Immi - it didn't even look like they checked the old 90 day slip, just took it out and entered some details on the computer, before passing the lot onto the next guy to attach the new slip.

Only one thing perhaps worth mentioning - this time they again required a full set of passport photocopies (which I'd brought along, just in case). Last 90 report I was told that photocopies were no longer needed, after the barcode thing was in the passport. Ah well, can't win 'em all.....whistling.gif

Cheers biggrin.png

Splod