Pattaya Swat Team?

FireMedic

Is the Pattaya SWAT team still active? I never saw them the few weeks I was there. I did read about the scandal a couple years ago about the trainer guy. I just want to know if they are still around and any info would be helpful. Please don't give me crap or negative comments about them, just the info!

• Like 1

The guy you're wanting to communicate with is Robert (Sifu) McInnes. Just drop an e-mail to Paul (he works with Sifu) and I'm sure you'll end-up on the right track, okay ?

<snip>

Good luck

Cheers,

Edited by soundman
No email addresses due to spam issues.

Because I'm a trained tactical medic as well. Just wanted to see if they wanted some training when I get there in Sept. Trust me, I know all the other attractions there, just a side gig!biggrin.png

What is a tactical medic? And how is it different to a regular medic?

I am a Senior SWAT / HRT Team & Master Interrogator Trainer & will be in Pattaya from late October. I haven't been there since 2010 usually every year for a few months . I assumed they were disbanded.

I just relax when in Pattaya & have fun but Tac medic Training would be good for anyone on a Team.

Nice of you to offer

Because I'm a trained tactical medic as well. Just wanted to see if they wanted some training when I get there in Sept. Trust me, I know all the other attractions there, just a side gig!biggrin.png

A tactical medic is a medic on a swat team. I have to meet the same requirements as the swat guys do. You have to have as least 10 years as a medic on the street, swat school, then an additional 80 tactical/combat medic course. Even though I'm retired at 35, I teach swat/special ops guys how to help themselves, teammates, and civilians if they are shot, stabbed, or blown up. About Rob McInnes, he was the one that the Customs and Immigration police arrested a while back. I didn't know if he was still in business or not after that ordeal. So, Mr. Ohio, I will most likely be there in Sept sometime. Maybe we can do some training with these guys! I asked to be apart of the Tourist Police which has been offered to me upon arrival. But, if they have an active swat team, they might benefit from some medical training. Just a thought........

The guy you're wanting to communicate with is Robert (Sifu) McInnes. Just drop an e-mail to Paul (he works with Sifu) and I'm sure you'll end-up on the right track, okay ?

<snip>

Good luck

Cheers,

I tried emailing, email address not valid.

<snip>

Good luck

Cheers,

dont forget about your work permit...thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

<snip>

Good luck

Cheers,

dont forget about your work permit...thumbsup.gif

ah, the old work permit cherry

Well, I'm going to probly join the Foreign Tourist Police first, then do some volunteer training for them. But, if I step it up for the real cops, I'll have to get the work permit. I understand its a hassle. If it doesnt work out, I can always comeback to reality and keept training cops in other countries.

Well, I'm going to probly join the Foreign Tourist Police first, then do some volunteer training for them. But, if I step it up for the real cops, I'll have to get the work permit. I understand its a hassle. If it doesnt work out, I can always comeback to reality and keept training cops in other countries.

I have to hand it to you... you certainly know how to have fun !

totster :D

• Like 1

Let me tell you a little story that took place approx 8 years ago, little off topic but i think will open up your eyes.

So 8 or so years ago, 2 German guys arrived in BKK. Both worked for roads department back in Germany(sorry do not know the proper name for the department)

Anyhow, after seeing the traffic and problems in BKK, they decided to stay, to survey it and see what can be done to help the jams and ease up the traffic as well as pollution.

From memory, they stayed for about 5 months, watching and learning the system.

What they learned was that BKK was like a can of sardines. In the mornings, all the lights were green to enter the city, but then once inside mainly red.

Ie, lights were not regulated at all.

So after doing all the hard work at their own expense, they approached Thai government and relevant departments and presented their findings to them.

They made it very clear, that the problems can be fixed and they guarantee traffic will be reduced by minimum 30%

ON top of that, they offered to regulate the lights and do everything else FOR FREE.

So there was not going to be any costs to the city, no staff or resources to be used at all.

IF you have not guessed by now, they were shut down. No one was interested

I appreciate all the comments. If they dont want it, I will just stay and party. I don't have anything else to do. I'm retired, I'm 35, I have future contracts in Belize and others in Caribbean, I can take my time and do whatever I want thankfully. It will be just an offer, if they want it great, if not, ok, I'll find something else to do.

Even though I'm retired at 35, I teach swat/special ops guys

You'll be right at home in Pattaya mate.

^ ^ ^ A fine bar-propping story if ever there was one, PHL.

Seems trolling from one thread to another is a hobby for some!

You're right...should have expanded my retirement age...I went in to public saftey when I was 18. I was promoted to Lieutenant when I was 22 years old. One of the youngest paid Lts in the US. I started training rookies and then expanded to the college students. Back in 2007 I was standing in my yard and a turboprop aircraft crashed into my neighbor's house. After watching the crash, I ran into the burning houses and rescued a 10 year old boy, went back into the house and got the dad out. I kept going back in for the 4 year old little girl....I searched a second home that was hit and totally involved in fire.....I got lost and disoriented with smoke inhalation, when an officer called out to me. I found my way to the door and got out. I spent 4 days in ICU, 3 others to burn unit with over 90% burns.....5 others died. 2 kids, 1 mother, and both pilots of the plane. So shortly after my lungs got kinda bad and was forced to retire. So now I teach when I want to...just to keep busy and feel like I'm doing something productive.

Fire medic we should meet up for a beer.

Im ex SAS and did a stint as a Navy Seal. I also retired at 32 but have been working as security at nuclear arms depot for

the Kremlin.

There are not many of us left soldier.

I thought the Kremlin only hired ex BSAP ?

Funny thing is I have seen the both sides of the spectrum. I've seen guys that would run into a brick wall if i asked them to. Then there are others who have the "who does this gringo think he is?" Eventually they are all thankful for having advanced medical training that could ultimately save their live, so they can go home to their family.

Funny thing is I have seen the both sides of the spectrum. I've seen guys that would run into a brick wall if i asked them to. Then there are others who have the "who does this gringo think he is?" Eventually they are all thankful for having advanced medical training that could ultimately save their live, so they can go home to their family.

Well they might well need some advanced medical training after they've ran into a brick wall for you !?! jerk.gif

I appreciate all the comments. If they dont want it, I will just stay and party. I don't have anything else to do. I'm retired, I'm 35, I have future contracts in Belize and others in Caribbean, I can take my time and do whatever I want thankfully. It will be just an offer, if they want it great, if not, ok, I'll find something else to do.

Sounds a bit like Batman ....