Pattaya Swat Team?

FireMedic

I asked to be apart of the Tourist Police which has been offered to me upon arrival. But, if they have an active swat team, they might benefit from some medical training. Just a thought........

The tourist police volunteers opening up a swat team...now you start to scare me...:ph34r:

Sent from my Nexus S using Thaivisa Connect App

• Like 1

I asked to be apart of the Tourist Police which has been offered to me upon arrival. But, if they have an active swat team, they might benefit from some medical training. Just a thought........

The tourist police volunteers opening up a swat team...now you start to scare me...ph34r.png

Sent from my Nexus S using Thaivisa Connect App

Exactly "Special Weapons And Tactics" against tourists...scarey thought....the TPV's shouldnt even be given pepper spray... 3/4 of them cant walk and chew gum at the same time...whistling.gif

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

NO!!!! The FPV do not and will not have a swat team. I am coming to Thailand in Sept. I've been in contact with them already. I will probly join them and help train those guys in first aid stuff if they want it. A week ago, I saw a show about Thailand and Pattaya had a real swat team lead by the Rob McInnes guy. I looked him up and all I found was the little scandle he was involved in with Customs and Immigration. He is also a business owner there as well. I just figured some competitor didnt like him and tried to get him in trouble. That was 2 years ago. I am abolutely not claiming to be any type of special forces at all! Its funny, all I asked if anyone knew if they were still around. Then the mods had to take a couple of posts off? Some people must be so miserable there they never have anything nice to say. I guess I'll just wait til I get there and find out for myself. Thanks to those who tried to help.

NO!!!! The FPV do not and will not have a swat team. I am coming to Thailand in Sept. I've been in contact with them already. I will probly join them and help train those guys in first aid stuff if they want it. A week ago, I saw a show about Thailand and Pattaya had a real swat team lead by the Rob McInnes guy. I looked him up and all I found was the little scandle he was involved in with Customs and Immigration. He is also a business owner there as well. I just figured some competitor didnt like him and tried to get him in trouble. That was 2 years ago. I am abolutely not claiming to be any type of special forces at all! Its funny, all I asked if anyone knew if they were still around. Then the mods had to take a couple of posts off? Some people must be so miserable there they never have anything nice to say. I guess I'll just wait til I get there and find out for myself. Thanks to those who tried to help.

since that little "scandal" i do not think anyone has seen him or heard of him. Certainly no yellow hummer on the road anywhere to be seen.

So really unsure how true his involvement was

As for FPV,i do not think you have a clue what you getting yourself into. If you think people here have been hostile, wait till you put on the uniform or tell someone you are joining FTV.

Lets just say, not the most liked or respected. Also do keep in mind that most FTV's are little seasoned so lets just say, if you were to train them how to do CPR, you may end up giving half of them one just to get them off the floor

NO!!!! The FPV do not and will not have a swat team. I am coming to Thailand in Sept. I've been in contact with them already. I will probly join them and help train those guys in first aid stuff if they want it.

You don't seem to be aware that the farang elements of the Tourist Police Volunteers and the Police Volunteers are two very different (one could almost say "opposing") organisations.

I am sure that "advisor to the Royal Thai Police" may look impressive on your CV, but unless you enjoy swopping stories with the many Walts in Pattaya and you don't mind everyone else laughing at you then I'd stick to doing what you claim to know best ("help train those guys in first aid stuff") and forget about the dressing up part.

A week ago, I saw a show about Thailand and Pattaya had a real swat team lead by the Rob McInnes guy. I looked him up and all I found was the little scandle he was involved in with Customs and Immigration.

If that was all you were able to find out about Colonel Seafood then you couldn't have done much detection work!

Listen guys, this is not a major career change and I don't plan to live the rest of my life there. If the FTP want to make me one of them so I can teach them, then great. If not, again, I'm sure I will find something to do. This is really no big deal. And on this McInnes guy, I read what he was charged with and what he claimed a few days later. I really dont care what he got himself into. Sometimes it seems you guys want to slam posters with negative crap instead of just answering the question. Instead of "Yes they are still active and here is how to contact them or NO I don't know" , I have mocking responses and some have to be removed by mods. I cant figure you guys out. It seems there are so many negative people around and if you don't like Thailand then why stay? Or you guys complain so much to act like its horrible so no one else comes and you can keep whatever perceived lifestyle you want without anyone interfering. I absolutely don't want to offend anyone, but come on guys, relax a bit. If someone comes here for a little info, just answer the question. You dont have rag on them about their wishes or desires. I have worn a uniform for 15 years and no one ever laughed at me.

• Like 2

Your intentions sound like you want to impart knowledge .

I can't see a problem with that. Like I said before Good Luck with it.

I only relax in Pattaya my wife and I are there to forget everything else, my advise is:

" Do your own thing "

1*

I think you should know what that means

ph34r.png

No one laughs at firefighters. If you would have worn the uniform of a Police Officer, you would have been more than laughed at! It is worth coming to Pattaya and evaluating the current situation yourself. Some of the guys are retired police officers (not security guards, real officers) and with them you are going to have a hard time trying to teach them anything tactical as a firefighter. You are going to have much better luck teaching first-aid to those guys. The rest of the guys will probably enjoy what you have to bring.

Thank you both. I don't teach swat tactics. My years as a firefighter means I can teach forced entry techniques, my tactial medic skill teaches you how to take care of yourself or others in a really bad situation. Again, I will be there in Sept and give it my best. Thank you for those who support me. Ohio, please keep in contact and hope to meet up when you get in town.

Edited by Phil Conners
: Email deleted as per forum rules

The reality is that even well trained, any foreign volunteers have few rights but many liabilities when offering first aid or help to anyone here. If someone they helped has real or perceived complications that they claim resulted from any original aid from the one who helped it can get very complicated legally. I believe there is one - at least - such volunteer who has the authority given by the Police division he works with but everyone else needs specific orders to assist from a Thai officer to be legally covered. That is my understanding of things anyway.

Thank you both. I don't teach swat tactics. My years as a firefighter means I can teach forced entry techniques, my tactial medic skill teaches you how to take care of yourself or others in a really bad situation. Again, I will be there in Sept and give it my best. Thank you for those who support me. Ohio, please keep in contact and hope to meet up when you get in town.

advice number 1 remove your e mail. Strong advice number 2 read what petercool has written and take it on board. what he has written will be the correct understanding of the volunteers and how they have to work. Edited by Phil Conners
: Email deleted as per forum rules

Provided you have the medical degree you state you have, you would be more suite to offering your expert information and training to the Medics at the hospitals around Pattaya. Not much need for SWAT Medics here as I have never heard of them doing any work to date and if they did get hurt, they are just carted off to the local hospital, more than likley in the back of a ute. If anyone needs training, as I said the Hospital ICU's do and other Ambos.

• Like 1

You may have to get over the "we don't want a farang teaching us anything" loosing face barrier first.

This is why they will always be a developing nation that struggles in every aspect of society and government.

That is why I only relax in Pattaya / Thailand , did something a few years ago for DSI in Bangkok. Watched what happened . Decided then & there Thailand is my Escape place ONLY. I teach & practise everywhere else but not here. I love my decision and my wife and I have fun here for a quarter of the year with side trips to other places. Love it..

Just another aside on SWAT in Thailand -

Always curious why a 'Sifu' (Chinese ) wore 'Sensei' gi ( Japanese) I was trained by Narasaki Takeo ( HanShi ) a genuine Shaolin Disciple from Seta Gaya Ku. Can't see any name of Gosei (Farang ) from New Zealand on the Historical List from Shaolin...Oh well probably slipped their minds.

Sounds a bit like Batman ....

If any city could use a Batman, it would be Pattaya, na krupt.

Pattaya already has a batman and batman house, which is located in soi Batmantongue.png

Provided you have the medical degree you state you have, you would be more suite to offering your expert information and training to the Medics at the hospitals around Pattaya. Not much need for SWAT Medics here as I have never heard of them doing any work to date and if they did get hurt, they are just carted off to the local hospital, more than likley in the back of a ute. If anyone needs training, as I said the Hospital ICU's do and other Ambos.

I've got to agree, but not so much the hospitals as the Rescue groups, such as Sawangboriboon, who actually do go to accidents and so on and who do at least try to give first aid - the police don't, as it isn't considered their role here. On the other hand you wouldn't be asked to be "one of them", which seems to be a priority for some reason.

That a fireman's knowledge of "forced entry techniques" could be of any possible use to a SWAT team defies belief - the requirements and techniques are so obviously totally different that it simply isn't worth talking about. Don't worry about getting laughed at here - you'll get on fine with the Walts.

Pattaya already has a batman and batman house, which is located in soi Batmantongue.png

They need to turn on the searchlight, though. Battie's been evicted years ago, it was a drug bust, or so I seem to remember..

They need to turn on the searchlight, though. Battie's been evicted years ago, it was a drug bust, or so I seem to remember..

nah, it was a fire and was left as is. i live right next door :)

PS. i am not a batmantongue.png

nah, it was a fire and was left as is. i live right next door smile.png

The rumor I heard is it was closed for quite some time, possibly after a drug bust, when it was allegedly torched (insurance job). I'm curious as to why it is still standing around like that. Surely there's some opportunity for an entrepreneur there.

nah, it was a fire and was left as is. i live right next door smile.png

The rumor I heard is it was closed for quite some time, possibly after a drug bust, when it was allegedly torched (insurance job). I'm curious as to why it is still standing around like that. Surely there's some opportunity for an entrepreneur there.

The location NOW is the problem. Some developments were done in the area so it is fully residential area now, perhaps thats the reason.

I live literally next door to it and never seen anyone even go inside, even homeless guys sleep outside instead of going inside. Really strange.

To make it even more strange, soi dogs, including my dogs never try to run inside either.

The place must be cursed or something