De Facto Partner Visa - Aus

Just a quick comment about Scoot. VERY cheap prices, but looks to be an 11 hour or so wait at Singapore...at least for all the dates i looked at.

Has anyone flown with Scoot?

If so, and you had to wait, what did you decide to do about your wait at Sing?

Thank yoU!

Why spend 11 hours in Singapore when you're on your way to see your mansmile.png

err..its not by choice..its a connecting flight. Thats why im asking about others who have had used Scoot. We are trying to work out if the saving is worth it...

Edit: but i dont actually get why you would ask this question..or in fact why im answering it...! Seemed to be oddly loaded. If i WANTED to stop off for 11 hours in Sing, why on earth not!

Just teasing, not serious...that's why the smile icon

Edited by simple1

I have a gik in Sing. :P

lol. (NOT!)

Sorry, little bit snowed under, so stressed..and i think maybe ive been reading the forum too much lately...! So heckles were up! Apologies for over-sensitivity..!

==

Ive put my noggin to use..and i am now aiming to find a flight that will fly direct from Chiang mai to singapore and then book with Scoot to Aus. But im rather off-topic on my own thread..so apologies again!

I have a gik in Sing. tongue.png

lol. (NOT!)

Sorry, little bit snowed under, so stressed..and i think maybe ive been reading the forum too much lately...! So heckles were up! Apologies for over-sensitivity..!

==

Ive put my noggin to use..and i am now aiming to find a flight that will fly direct from Chiang mai to singapore and then book with Scoot to Aus. But im rather off-topic on my own thread..so apologies again!

No problem... enjoy Oz

Just a quick comment about Scoot. VERY cheap prices, but looks to be an 11 hour or so wait at Singapore...at least for all the dates i looked at.

Thank yoU!

Why spend 11 hours in Singapore when you're on your way to see your mansmile.png

err..its not by choice..its a connecting flight. Thats why im asking about others who have had used Scoot. We are trying to work out if the saving is worth it...

Edit: but i dont actually get why you would ask this question..or in fact why im answering it...! Seemed to be oddly loaded. If i WANTED to stop off for 11 hours in Sing, why on earth not!

Id like to know myself how Scoot is. Certainly offering cheap fares.

You might find your BF can book a cheap flight for you from Australia as well. Sometimes on flightcentre.com.au they have some good deals with direct flights from Qantas, Emirates, BA, Thai air. When I book from Sydney return I always fly direct and usually i can get a direct flight for only about $50-100 more return to bkk (inc all fees * taxes) than the cheap flights with a plane change and long wait.

• Like 1

Thank yoU!

Id like to know myself how Scoot is. Certainly offering cheap fares.

You might find your BF can book a cheap flight for you from Australia as well. Sometimes on flightcentre.com.au they have some good deals with direct flights from Qantas, Emirates, BA, Thai air. When I book from Sydney return I always fly direct and usually i can get a direct flight for only about $50-100 more return to bkk (inc all fees * taxes) than the cheap flights with a plane change and long wait.

I've always found booking directly through the airlines i get far better deals! Just takes some time shopping through all the various airlines

• Like 1

I've always found booking directly through the airlines i get far better deals! Just takes some time shopping through all the various airlines

I've found better deals through airlines as well, but sometimes sites like flight centre must buy tickets in bulk and they had a lower price. Like you say, best to go through all the sites.

One advantage of travel agencies is you book through them and you don't have to show your credit card before each flight. Difficult to do if you have had it lost/stolen or don't travel with same card

I've found better deals through airlines as well, but sometimes sites like flight centre must buy tickets in bulk and they had a lower price. Like you say, best to go through all the sites.

One advantage of travel agencies is you book through them and you don't have to show your credit card before each flight. Difficult to do if you have had it lost/stolen or don't travel with same card

Quite right.. also I have noticed that if you are travelling with Malaysian Air for example they can also incorporate free domestic flights with Virgin along with your ticket... Not advertised at all which is pretty amazing! This can be found through FlightCentre also!

• Like 2

Also Thai Airways in Australia often have promotions for Thai domestic flights at no additional cost. So you can fly CM- BKK - BNE with the same carrier and can book directly with Thai

• Like 1

Yeah i know that regulation they have but i have never been ask to show my credit card

Quite right.. also I have noticed that if you are travelling with Malaysian Air for example they can also incorporate free domestic flights with Virgin along with your ticket... Not advertised at all which is pretty amazing! This can be found through FlightCentre also!

LOL we better be carefull :) if everyone finds out how we get good deals ? The airlines might change the rules hehe:)

• Like 1

LOL we better be carefull smile.png if everyone finds out how we get good deals ? The airlines might change the rules hehe:)

Too true.laugh.png

I think flightcentre has a price match deal also (and beat it by $1). So if someone has a cheaper flight just print it out and go to flightcentre and book. They will match the price and you dont need to use your CC. Cant lose really!

On the subject of CCs. I must look a bit dodgy because i get asked every time at check in when I have used my CC to book flights.

My GF was leaving Samui one time and heading back to bkk ( i was staying a couple extra days) and she took the hotel mini van to the airport by herself. The clowns at Bkk air wouldn't let her check in without the CC, which I had with me in my wallet. I spoke to them on the phone and gave my details etc, but they still said no. I was on my way to the airport when my GF called and said it was okay now. She had explained to them that since we flew to samui together and that since we were flying separately back, but booked the trip at the same time using the same CC, it must be okay. biggrin.png .

The other time I had to use my CC for her was her flight from Bkk to Sydney return. It was cheaper booking it on the Thai website and flightcentre wouldn't match fares originating outside OZ. On that instance Thai Air put a note in the computer attached to the ticket that she was authorised to fly having paid with my CC. ( i had to email Thai my CC signed by myself and copy of passport). I also gave her a copy of the emails , just to be sure. wink.png

• Like 2

Also Thai Airways in Australia often have promotions for Thai domestic flights at no additional cost. So you can fly CM- BKK - BNE with the same carrier and can book directly with Thai

Thai are good, but if you use their Frequent Flyers program, and book a 'promotional' fare, you usually don't get creditied those miles.

This is my experience.

• Like 2

Thai are good, but if you use their Frequent Flyers program, and book a 'promotional' fare, you usually don't get creditied those miles.

This is my experience.

Their Frequent Flyer program is very ordinary. I've been a member for 20 months, in that time I've flown 7 return flights from Australia to Thailand, and not once have I had any flights that allowed me to accrue even 1 single FF point.

• 2 weeks later...

if possible avoid the Bridging Visa path, to much uncertainty. Better to be patient and apply offshore for the de facto visa

you can apply for the de facto visa in Thailand and still visit Aus via a TV while your application is being dealt with and stay here for up to 12 months via bridging visa's without any problems smile.png

cheers ron

Hi Ron

You've confused me a bit which isn't hard.

I take it you mean lodge the spouse application in Thailand

and visit Australia on a tourist visa?

I'm not sure how you think she will be granted a bridging visa though.

Assuming she has "no further stay" condition and a spouse application pending.

Regards

Will

theres no reson why she will get a no further stay on her visitor visa ! she dosn't hold a Thai passport

if possible avoid the Bridging Visa path, to much uncertainty. Better to be patient and apply offshore for the de facto visa

you can apply for the de facto visa in Thailand and still visit Aus via a TV while your application is being dealt with and stay here for up to 12 months via bridging visa's without any problems smile.png

cheers ron

Hi Ron

You've confused me a bit which isn't hard.

I take it you mean lodge the spouse application in Thailand

and visit Australia on a tourist visa?

I'm not sure how you think she will be granted a bridging visa though.

Assuming she has "no further stay" condition and a spouse application pending.

Regards

Will

theres no reson why she will get a no further stay on her visitor visa ! she dosn't hold a Thai passport

I realise that, but how will she get a bridging visa if she has already lodged a spouse application in Thailand?

She can apply for an extension on her tourist visa but I don't think she will be eligible for a BV.

Regards

Will

Will27

I was advised by an officer in the immigration Dpt that you are elible to apply for a tourist visa whilst awaiting approval for of a spousal visa. An extention on a visitor visa is a BV

ozziebloke

I advised earlier that she can apply for another tourist visa onshore assuming she has a s/c 976 visa.

One thing is for certain though, an extension on a visitor visa is not a BV. If she is on a 976 visa,

she can apply for another tourist visa. So yes, she can stay on tourist visa's, not BV's.

You saying she can stay in Oz on bridging visa's is what confused me.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27

Will27

I was advised by an officer in the immigration Dpt that you are elible to apply for a tourist visa whilst awaiting approval for of a spousal visa. An extention on a visitor visa is a BV

A bridging visa must be requested and via a separate process, It's not an extension of a tourist visa.

Info on Bridging visas and criteria at:

http://www.immi.gov....ms/bridging.htm

Will27

A bridging visa must be requested and via a separate process, It's not an extension of a tourist visa.

Ok i don't mind being corrected :) i had an American friend stay with me in Aus for twelve months and each application for extension that she applied for online came back as approved and named Bridging visa but that was 6 years ago and of course things could easily have changed. Cheers

Will27

Ok i don't mind being corrected smile.png i had an American friend stay with me in Aus for twelve months and each application for extension that she applied for online came back as approved and named Bridging visa but that was 6 years ago and of course things could easily have changed. Cheers

I did go online to cross check and you can extend a tourist visa to stay for up to 12 months. Note this is different process and criteria to a Bridging Visa as noted above. For further info on tourist visa extension go to: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/

Definitions can catch you out!

• Like 1

Will27

Ok i don't mind being corrected smile.png i had an American friend stay with me in Aus for twelve months and each application for extension that she applied for online came back as approved and named Bridging visa but that was 6 years ago and of course things could easily have changed. Cheers

I did go online to cross check and you can extend a tourist visa to stay for up to 12 months. Note this is different process and criteria to a Bridging Visa as noted above. For further info on tourist visa extension go to: http://www.immi.gov....sitors/tourist/

Definitions can catch you out!

no worries :) Thanks i will remember