Phuket

snamos

My first trip to Asia was to Phuket. Worked as an DM on Similan liveaboard. What an life.. but no money.

Same same, but was on day trips. Came one holiday and didn't go home. Eventually Phuket became home. The states seem like a foreign country to me now.

Workaround Southeast Asia mid 80`s included Thailand. Holiday in Phuket 1993 and......some years later had an extended holiday here....wanted initially to live more South....spent 9 great months in Krabi and Trang meet the missus which not was to move from her work in Phuket and that`s about it!

I came here when i was 62 a year after i retired in Australia for a 2 week holiday

I fell in love with the place and for the next 8 months travelled back and forth

sorting out business in Australia so i could shift here permanently

Went out with local women and lost interest in them 90% are not worth having

the same as divorced single woman in Australia the divorced men are just as bad looking

for a women to support them on the singles scene

Met a lovely Thai lady not from Phuket and have been happy and enjoying life ever since

Visited on vacation in the 80's, again for a diving holiday in the 90's. Wanted to open a diveshop in Vietnam, found the diving there of a very low quality and decided to come here.

Sunshine, beautiful beaches, palm tree's, fun/sexy women, cheap cost of living, alot more personal freedom compared to back home..... o' and works involved in there somewhere as well. Couldn't be happier! smile.png

Had enough of depressing UK, I could have gone anywhere but I came here!!

Edited by kawapower