Democrats Slam Thaksin Criticism Of Court

Lite Beer

The incident in Chiang Mai is reported in the "other paper".

did you read abhisit's quote... it's hilarious.

another one of his hypocritical classics.

Now, now, dear fiend. Don't keep us in suspense, out with it wai.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's from the other paper, am i allowed quote from it?

it's only one line.

it's from the other paper, am i allowed quote from it?

it's only one line.

If it's the BP article on 'Abhisit slams red-shirts', an article I already referred to twice, no you are not allowed to quote from it. wink.png

If it's the BP article on 'Abhisit slams red-shirts', an article I already referred to twice, no you are not allowed to quote from it. wink.png

well i suppose i am just quoting an abhisit statement that's out in the open.

he said "It is wrong that some political parties are allowed to have supporters obstructing other political parties' activities"

cheesy.gif

• Like 2

he said "It is wrong that some political parties are allowed to have supporters obstructing other political parties' activities"

cheesy.gif

Your phrasing and rolling over the floor smiley suggests you think that like the Pheu Thai with the red-shirts the Dem's have a (militant) protest group. Whereas there are protesters who sometimes side with the Dems, it's not as plain-for-all-to-see as with Pheu Thai / UDD / red-shirts. In the last general elections the PAD / yellow-shirts were a separate entity objecting to both Pheu Thai and Dems. Of course you may be referring to yet another supporter group. If so, please elaborate wai.gif

EDIT: just some correcting to English phrasing, one of these days I'll start looking for a Dutch-language only forum

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

cheesy.gif

You're phrasing and rolling over the floor smiley suggest you think that like the Pheu Thai with the red-shirts the Dem's have a (militant) protest group. Whereas there are protesters who sometimes side with the Dems, it's not as plain-for-all-to-see as with Pheu Thai / UDD / red-shirts. In the last general elections the PAD / yellow-shirts were a separate entity objecting to both Pheu Thai and Dems. Of course you may be referring to yet another supporter group. If so, please elaborate wai.gif

i don't need to elaborate anything, if you can't see the hypocrisy in his statement then fine.

You think the Nation prints inaccuracies, take a look at this dribble..........

Self-exiled former Thai Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra criticized a court ruling last week that complicated efforts by his allies to change the constitution, and called for talks over his return.

The decision “shows what we call judicial overreach,” Thaksin said in a television interview on Singapore’s Channel NewsAsia. “It’s against the rule of the separation of powers,” which is central to democracy.

Thaksin’s allies are weighing whether to defy the court and press ahead with a vote to overhaul the constitution during the next parliamentary session that starts on Aug. 1. Yingluck’s party wants to reduce the power of appointed bodies it says are undermining elected governments to serve the interest of royalists who backed the coup.

“Those who benefit from full-fledged democracy want to bring it back,” Thaksin said. “Those who fear democracy may be developed too far resist it. That’s the root cause of the problem.”

Thaksin has lived overseas since fleeing a jail sentence in 2008 on charges stemming from a military-appointed panel.

http://www.bloomberg...his-return.html

Edited by waza

my point was that the only time you ever hear them in the media, they're whinging.

so they should try another method, like showing that they are working for the good of the country.... you know, that thing they keep accusing ptp of not doing.

You mean something like this?

"On Friday, Abhisit visited Chiang Mai to follow up on the Democrats' policy to push for the issuing of community land deeds for the poor in the north." quoted from the Nation

Interpol dont think Thaksin is a criminal. The Thai court does not have much credibility (where Thaksin is concerned) outside of your head.

Will you go tell that to the families of the thousands of people that Thaksin had shot dead without trial? Maybe their loss is only in their heads too.

Or the 30% state overspending during Thaksin's time in office, much of it to his family's businesses. Just in my head too.

ermm.gif

Yes

, mercenary agitators and arsonists/terrorists, partners in corruption and the other members of this criminal conspiracy government.

I thing Yunla's hacked your account mate. biggrin.png

Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit denied that some party MPs met Thaksin in Hong Kong to lobby for positions in a possible Cabinet reshuffle. He said they went to wish Thaksin well on his birthday and there was no political significance.

Yea,yea.......and the moon is made of cheese.

Yes it is an Edam. A delicious yellow centre, with some undigestible red stuff on the outside.

cheesy.gif

Flmao.......

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

cheesy.gif

yeah, I almost choked on my patongo reading that one... ;)

cheesy.gif

yeah, I almost choked on my patongo reading that one... wink.png

. Patango 3 thumbs up

1. (noun) Urban slang for penis.not to be confused with "Pop-The-Top" often given to babies that were failed to be aborted in the womb.

cheesy.gif

yeah, I almost choked on my patongo reading that one... wink.png

.                            Patango                            3 thumbs up                                                                         

1. (noun) Urban slang for penis.not to be confused with "Pop-The-Top" often given to babies that were failed to be aborted in the womb.

To be fair, tlansford mentioned "patongo" which probably doesn't refer to a provice in Northern Uganda, but to this delicious snack

http://www.ufmfc.com...?products_id=17

Thank god for that. I googled it and found a NZ pitongo soup. The mind boggles. They make soup out of those things???

Long time ago I had a girlfriend from Ghana. I've been offered soup made a.o from a poor bull's private parts. Wasn't too bad either smile.png

"Thaksin is exploiting the red shirts by pushing them to intimidate the Constitution Court and using them to increase his bargaining power, and in the meantime he also pushes for charter amendment. His methodology does not benefit the government and the country but only brings about more conflicts,'' he said.

The red shirts aren't only intimidating the CC, but they are also attacking the Democrats in Chiang Mai, by blocking roads and throwing stones.

Yay for Red Democracy.

As per my post in the thread on Abhists visit.

The democratically elected ruling party will not allow the democratically elected leader of the opposition to be treated in this way.

The Red Shirts are not part of PT so PTP cannot be accused of supporting these actions.

I'm sure the ruling party will soon be issuing a statement condemning the actions of the Red Shirts, thus ensuring that nobody is in any doubt about the PTP Democracy credentials.

Or.......?

uhm.... who cares?

the democrats are always slamming something or other, whinging and moaning...

maybe they'd be better off speaking to the electorate through the media in concise points about how they would be better at governing with their policies.

Am I wandering off topic if I ask why you suggest they speak through the media.

Any reason why they shouldn't travel and speak?

As TVF posters will be bored with my saying, I live in Chiang Mai. I don't know everybody in Chiang Mai. Those of my acquaintance aren't fussed about politics. They are concerned that shop trade has taken a significant downturn.

The Democrats, PTP or the tooth-fairy are all the same. All they want is a reasonable life

"Thaksin is exploiting the red shirts by pushing them to intimidate the Constitution Court and using them to increase his bargaining power, and in the meantime he also pushes for charter amendment. His methodology does not benefit the government and the country but only brings about more conflicts,'' he said.

The red shirts aren't only intimidating the CC, but they are also attacking the Democrats in Chiang Mai, by blocking roads and throwing stones.

Yay for Red Democracy.

As per my post in the thread on Abhists visit.

The democratically elected ruling party will not allow the democratically elected leader of the opposition to be treated in this way.

The Red Shirts are not part of PT so PTP cannot be accused of supporting these actions.

I'm sure the ruling party will soon be issuing a statement condemning the actions of the Red Shirts, thus ensuring that nobody is in any doubt about the PTP Democracy credentials.

Or.......?

So when Thaksin said.............

“Those who benefit from full-fledged democracy want to bring it back,” Thaksin said. “Those who fear democracy may be developed too far resist it. That’s the root cause of the problem.”

He was referring to the redshirts who believe the Democrats right to freedom of speech is override by the redshirts right to political harassment and to violently protest anyone they don't agree with. Therefore the redshirts are the root cause of the problem.

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

uhm.... who cares?

maybe they'd be better off speaking to the electorate through the media in concise points about how they would be better at governing with their policies.

Am I wandering off topic if I ask why you suggest they speak through the media.

Any reason why they shouldn't travel and speak?

As TVF posters will be bored with my saying, I live in Chiang Mai. I don't know everybody in Chiang Mai. Those of my acquaintance aren't fussed about politics. They are concerned that shop trade has taken a significant downturn.

The Democrats, PTP or the tooth-fairy are all the same. All they want is a reasonable life

i already answered that question

i'm not saying they should ONLY speak through the media... i mentioned the media because this story is in the media, so i asked would it not be better to talk up their policies and alternatives to the media instead of constant bashing, slamming and playing games such as pretending that ptp were trying to topple democracy with the king as head of state.... it makes them look petty, when they could actually do something positive.

if they ignored some of what thaksin says - just every once in a while - and pushed some populist policies themselves aimed at the poor, ie like the last ditch effort of ones they announced in 2011, they might just sway some votes from the rural poor and i don't mean the red shirts.

i agree that there of course a lot of people who are quite apathetic about voting and who's in charge as long as life goes on and they are comfortable.

you'll find this in pretty much any country besides obviously places like egypt and libya atm.

i think life was going on pretty normally in 06 too before the army moved in and 'saved' the country

which i think is a load of balls btw - ie the saved part.

Edited by nurofiend

cheesy.gif

Your phrasing and rolling over the floor smiley suggests you think that like the Pheu Thai with the red-shirts the Dem's have a (militant) protest group. Whereas there are protesters who sometimes side with the Dems, it's not as plain-for-all-to-see as with Pheu Thai / UDD / red-shirts. In the last general elections the PAD / yellow-shirts were a separate entity objecting to both Pheu Thai and Dems. Of course you may be referring to yet another supporter group. If so, please elaborate wai.gif

EDIT: just some correcting to English phrasing, one of these days I'll start looking for a Dutch-language only forum

For the benefit of yourself and anybody else fearing a visit from those firebrand red shirt protesters here they are outside the hotel where abhisit was planning his fearful exit through the back entrance, so we're told.

2.jpg

Luckily Abhisit had a phalanx of Chiang Mais' pluckiest BIB's to save him from being ripped apart by the red shirt ruffians

5.jpg

Lucky to get away with his life..................

All photos and more news on "this incident" (in thai) here http://www.dailynews.co.th/politics/137039

cheesy.gif

For the benefit of yourself and anybody else fearing a visit from those firebrand red shirt protesters here they are outside the hotel where abhisit was planning his fearful exit through the back entrance, so we're told.

2.jpg

Luckily Abhisit had a phalanx of Chiang Mais' pluckiest BIB's to save him from being ripped apart by the red shirt ruffians

5.jpg

All photos and more news on "this incident" (in thai) here http://www.dailynews...politics/137039

Well, thank you very much, my dear phiphidon. That makes it alright then, now doesn't it wink.png

cheesy.gif

2.jpg

5.jpg

All photos and more news on "this incident" (in thai) here http://www.dailynews...politics/137039

You do know what 'supporting evidence' means don't you?

Naturally Thaksin would criticize any adverse comments that may be made against him and further delay the plans of the P.T. to have Thaksin return to Thailand so as he can re-start his looting of the public purse along with his rampant nepotism and the re-alignment of the judicial system to his and his family's benefit.

If my memory serves me correct it is an offence to cast aspersions upon a court judgement here in Thailand,yet strangely enough when it suits Thaksin he uses the court system to sue others.

Interesting to note what value Thaksin and his lap dog Arisman puts upon the price of loyalty.

On the occasion of Thaksins 64th birthday Arisiman donated 64,000 doughnuts to underprivileged children and their families as a present from Thaksin and of course himself and the clique he is involved with.

Such an action leads one think that the purse strings are being tightened by Thaksin along with his and Arismans utter contempt for the people who received this fine donation in exchange for the promise of a vote in the next election and of course to follow the cause sponsored by both Thaksin and Arisman.

''Let them eat cake,'' indeed rings true in this particular instance indeed a cheap gesture looking at the price of doughnuts.

How can one stoop so low so as Thaksin and Arisman and to be able to walk under a snakes belly whilst standing upright ?

Exxelent post, thanks.thumbsup.gifwai.gif
  • Like 1

Now that we're talking about slamming, yesterday the other newspaper had a newsflash with Abhisit slams red-shirt attack on him on Friday near ChiangMai. Nothing special, for the red-shirts that is. Just the usual democratic shouting, rock throwing, trying to cordon of an area, blocking roads, battering cars.

Wonder if I missed this story here on TV or does theNation censure ?

Well apart from the fact you're off topic again just trying to get a poltical dig in, I'll indulge you. So important a breaking story was it that it didn't even appear in the on line version of the paper, just some nonsense about abhisit threatening to sue the defence minister this time over his draft dodging, anbhisits draft dodging that is, not the defense minister.

In the old fashioned paper version of the paper the dem mp for lampang or somewhere was complaining that the red shirts barracked abhisit from the airport to the hotel where he was due to give a talk. Then they unsucessfully blocked a road with two pickups which abhisits car got through without any incident which suggests that they either tried to do it on the the dual carriageway or they weren't terribly interested in blocking the path of such an important man and then the brutes supposedly threw some pebbles at the car (abhisit wasn't in it at the time apparently) according to disgusted of lampang. Poor love, the things he has to go through, they're a tough crowd up north.

This is your idea of how a democratic society should function?

• Like 1

uhm.... who cares?

Only a cretin would value thuggery over the normal democratic process of visiting politicians.

If the tanks rolled to restore law and order I'm the country you would be the first to bleat. I would be deaf to it.

uhm.... who cares?

Only a cretin would value thuggery over the normal democratic process of visiting politicians.

If the tanks rolled to restore law and order I'm the country you would be the first to bleat. I would be deaf to it.

no idea....