Yingluck Told Le Monde She Would Shop In Paris

webfact

PM'S OFFICIAL VISIT TO FRANCE

Yingluck told Le Monde she'd shop in Paris

30186773-01_big.jpg

Yingluck shakes hand with Hollande/EPA

PARIS: -- Thai Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra told France's Le Monde newspaper that she would go shopping after meeting with French leaders during her official visit to Paris last week.

Worldcrunch online quoted Yingluck as telling Le Monde with a big smile, that she would do some shopping after meeting with President Francois Hollande, Prime Minister Jean-Marc Ayrault and Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius to extol Thailand's virtues.

Le Monde interviewed Yingluck at the Government House before she left for Europe last week.

When asked to comment about a series of negative criticisms against her, Yingluck told Le Monde, "Yes, of course, all of these reproaches hurt me, I'm a human being!"

She also dismissed reports that her fugitive brother; Thaksin, is behind her administration, saying "it's almost been a year since I became prime minister. If I had to depend on my brother for everything, I wouldn't have made it through."

She also refuted that she is in permanent contact with him, or that she is only here to recite a script that is written in Dubai. "I use my own qualities as a leader in power. I need his support, yes, but the clear message that I send to everyone is this: I am the prime minister," according to Le Monde.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-07-23

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, maybe she is shopping to distribute a few goodies to all the poor of Essan, I'm sure they would appreciate a couple of Bht100, 000 handbags plus a few of bottles of exclusive perfume.

She also dismissed reports that her fugitive brother; Thaksin, is behind her administration, saying "it's almost been a year since I became prime minister. If I had to depend on my brother for everything, I wouldn't have made it through."

She also refuted that she is in permanent contact with him, or that she is only here to recite a script that is written in Dubai. "I use my own qualities as a leader in power. I need his support, yes, but the clear message that I send to everyone is this: I am the prime minister," according to Le Monde.

Mmmh, how does not depending on big brother match with 'I need his support'? If she's really independent she doesn't need the support of a fugitive who can only be reached by phone.

BTW what's the duty-free allowance for luxury goods bought abroad ?

dam_n Yingluck - that's a terrible outfit. Might be good on a woman 15 years older....

Please get something a bit more flattering in Paris...

I have to agree, a sartorial faux pas..

In world fashion center of Paris, that cloth is fine, even interesting,

but the cut is just merde. The average french wife wouldn't be caught dead in that.

I wonder though...

how many from Issan could eat for a week for the cost of that pearl necklace?

Edited by animatic

Personally... I love her outfit in the photo so does me lady...however the amount

she's gonna spend could better go towards the needy here in LOS. Then again;

it is her personal money...hopefully.

edited for spelling...

Edited by sunshine51

post-9891-0-53374000-1343034201_thumb.jp

I am sure all her fans and admirers think she looks gorgeous. I think that little button on the front of her suit is straining hard to keep her contained for the few short hours she will need to wear it. Probably due to too much shwarzbrot, wurst and sauerkraut and pate de fois gras.

Perhaps she could auction it off when she returns to planet Thailand and provide some help to needy supporters?

Shopping in Paris? Whatever next, eating food, breathing?!

Hasn't anyone told Yingluck that as Thai PM her actions are constantly under scrutiny by TV members with too much time on their hands and an axe to grind?!

I particularly like the inane, how much rice could she have bought the poor of Isaan for the money that dress cost, posts! Yes, quite, from now on the Government of Thailand should dress in brown paper bags, much like the US Government do to show solidarity to the poor of the US... get a grip, this is non news.

I don't know a single female that wouldn't do some shopping while in Paris... I guess she should have said, I'm getting straight on the plane after, your food is terrible, the weather's terrible and as a people I can't stand to be around you a moment longer than I have to, you all stink of garlic and have egos the size of a 747 on your shoulders.... couldn't just be a simple pleasantry could it?!

You should meet my wife then. She is a female, and would not do shopping while in Paris. I know for sure, I tried!

When asked to comment about a series of negative criticisms against her, Yingluck told Le Monde, "Yes, of course, all of these reproaches hurt me, I'm a human being!"

So as a therapy, she decided to spend a few hundred thousand euro'sthumbsup.gif

Shopping in Paris? Whatever next, eating food, breathing?!

Hasn't anyone told Yingluck that as Thai PM her actions are constantly under scrutiny by TV members with too much time on their hands and an axe to grind?!

I particularly like the inane, how much rice could she have bought the poor of Isaan for the money that dress cost, posts! Yes, quite, from now on the Government of Thailand should dress in brown paper bags, much like the US Government do to show solidarity to the poor of the US... get a grip, this is non news.

I don't know a single female that wouldn't do some shopping while in Paris... I guess she should have said, I'm getting straight on the plane after, your food is terrible, the weather's terrible and as a people I can't stand to be around you a moment longer than I have to, you all stink of garlic and have egos the size of a 747 on your shoulders.... couldn't just be a simple pleasantry could it?!

You should meet my wife then. She is a female, and would not do shopping while in Paris. I know for sure, I tried!

Aren't you the lucky one! I appreciate the clarification that your wife is female, I guess this is Thailand and if you don't specifically say it, one can't be too sure...!

clap2.gifclap2.gif

Mmmh, how does not depending on big brother match with 'I need his support'? If she's really independent she doesn't need the support of a fugitive who can only be reached by phone.

BTW what's the duty-free allowance for luxury goods bought abroad ?

I suppose that depends on the size of the diplomatic pouch whistling.gif

I'm sure the poor locals will love to hear of her shopping trip in Paris.

What do you mean the poor locals - don't you think that they'd be shopping there as well if they had the brains to make money? I know i would!!!

I was not aware that she had ever made any money by herself.

• Like 1

Well, maybe she is shopping to distribute a few goodies to all the poor of Essan, I'm sure they would appreciate a couple of Bht100, 000 handbags plus a few of bottles of exclusive perfume.

Isaan people love her any way. No need to buy them anything. Lao Kao or Leo will do.