TOT 1222, What's The Login And Password

george

Dialling in on 1222 works well with a TOT line but is much harder to connect using a TT&T line as there are much fewer lines available.

Also if you google around you will find another login/password for 1222 that enables to you stay connected unlimited

http://signup.totonline.net/

That is the TOT website it was down last time I tried give it a try or here is a link to an old forum thread:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53712

It has some informative advice as does all of the forum.

I want to take this time to Thank TV for a ton of good information, I thought I knew it all :o

Be very careful with TOT free internet. I set it up for my thai friend last week and tried to connect. After 50 attempts on redial it finally connected. This went on for days and when the telephone bill came, it was over 1200 bht when their bill is normally around 400-500 bht. Yep you guessed it, they charged them for every connection attempt

TOT and TTandT will often pad out your bill using this method and because their is no real itemised bill (only a dot matrix printout if you pester the local office), you will often not notice this scam.

Remember..........When something seems to good to be true, its because it often is

JAF

Be very careful with TOT free internet. I set it up for my thai friend last week and tried to connect. After 50 attempts on redial it finally connected. This went on for days and when the telephone bill came, it was over 1200 bht when their bill is normally around 400-500 bht. Yep you guessed it, they charged them for every connection attempt

TOT and TTandT will often pad out your bill using this method and because their is no real itemised bill (only a dot matrix printout if you pester the local office), you will often not notice this scam.

Remember..........When something seems to good to be true, its because it often is

JAF

That seems to be a daylight robbery. How can they charge for a call that was not connected? Was there an engaged tone during the redial? Does TOT charge 3b for calling an engaged line?

I'm thinking of trying out the free dial-up, but now thinking twice. There's no such thing as a free lunch, eh? :o

If your modem dials, gets a connection but fails to establish protocol with the modem in the other end the call still counts and you're billed for it.

That is also the case for the paid ISP's. There's not really any scam about this, it's just the way it is. It's like when you call a company and their switching system picks you up and puts you on hold you're also paying .. to listend to canned music.

If you suffer from noisy lines and can only get a connection if you are lucky !(after a long modem negotiation time) of just over 33.6 k then it is best to just peg your modem to 33.6k and not try to connect at higher speeds. This will normally ensure that you have a modem negotiation time of just a few seconds and then you will be connected.

I used to live in out in the wilds in Scotland and suffered from old noisy lines - which were especially bad in the rain (@ 250 days in the year!) These were in the days when I dialled long distance to Birmingham for an access point and my phone bill for internet access was > 250 uk pounds per month! ( And it really was not all that long ago either! 1993!)

I have tried this here in thailand for people with dial up connections and the same is true. Almost 100% first time connect - so no problems with huge bills for failed connects, you just have to accept that you can not get a faster connection.

You can add an extra initiaslisation string to your modems dial command and this will do this.

As each modems chipset is different then the change to the command sting is slightly different.

Here is a link to a page with info regarding limiting your maximum connection speed :

http://www.modemsite.com/56k/x2-linklimit.asp

If you are really stuck pm me with your make of modem and I'll try to help

If your modem dials, gets a connection but fails to establish protocol with the modem in the other end the call still counts and you're billed for it.

That is also the case for the paid ISP's. There's not really any scam about this, it's just the way it is. It's like when you call a company and their switching system picks you up and puts you on hold you're also paying .. to listend to canned music.

And with international dialling phone cards, although that seems to vary.