How Do I Get Rid Of Pigeons?

petedk

We have some very kind neighbours' maids who like to sprinkle rice outside our house to feed the pigeons.

At first there were only 3 or 4 pigeons but now there must be at least 100. Their filth is everywhere and they sit in our garden, on the house and wall and make a complete mess. Also I have noticed that we have rats visiting us at nights and we've never had that problem before.

I have asked the neighbours to stop putting the food out but they just smile and say that the birds eat all the rice and leave no mess. I asked why they don't put the rice INSIDE their own house but they just smile and don't answer.

I've been using sticky trays and poison to get rid of the rats and caught 5 this week alone but the pigeons just keep coming. I have read that one can buy some kind of birth control for them. Does anyone know if this available in Thailand?

Or does anyone know of any other methods to get rid of them?

You tried the reasonable and civilised approach, so how about fight fire with fire?? Put rice out in front of their house and table scraps in their yard at night to attract the rats away from your place.

There is one sure fire way to stop pigeons crapping on your house.

Catch one and when all the other 99 are watching pull down your pants and crap on it. Try to eat some spicy food beforehand so its a little runny and hot.

Then shout out loud for all the pigeons to hear, "how do you <snipping> like it?"

If that doesnt work, then poison these 'rats with wings'.

Edited by metisdead
: Profanity

i dont see how the pigeons are your problem.

the neighbors on the other hand.....

But it isn't allowed to shoot the neighbors with the air rifle or poison them.

But both can be done with the pigeons.

Try warfarin coated rice. Warfarin is an anti-coagulant. Cyanide is too fast acting. The will die at your garden. Warfarin on the other hand is slow acting. They will eat the bait, and die else where. Then people will think there is a bird flu epidemic and then your neighbors will get really scared and stop feeding the f---king birds. I have raptor silhouettes on the office windows.

Air rifle. Hours of fun, and Pigeon breast is quite tasty roasted (if I remember correctly from my youth).

Grandpa used to cook pigeon for a roast ... but if i'm not mistaken they never left the loft. if they did they had the consistency of an old shoesick.gif

How about opening a restaurant?

Here is a very nice pie recipe. smile.png

http://www.reallynic...game/pigeon-pie

I used to love pigeon pie but I wouldn't dream of eating these filthy birds.

I thought of the idea of warfarin coated rice because it'll get rid of the rats too. Unfortunatley, there is a nice stray dog living in an empty area of land opposite and I wouldn't like to hurt him.

Maybe I can make some kind of container so he can't get to the rice.

Oh, where do I buy warfarin?

May I recommend that you beat the birds off with a shitty stick, the same as the rest of us?

SC

May I recommend that you beat the birds off with a shitty stick, the same as the rest of us?

SC

The problem is that I am hardly ever home when the maid feeds them. I just happen to catch her doing it sometimes.

I arrive home when it's dark and by then they are all sleeping (or copulating most likely).

SC

SC

The problem is that I am hardly ever home when the maid feeds them. I just happen to catch her doing it sometimes.

I arrive home when it's dark and by then they are all sleeping (or copulating most likely).

You mean the Pigeons or the neighbours?

The OP should be careful when throwing deadly rat poison around. There may be children playing in the area and of course other birds and wildlife that could be harmed by the poison.

Maybe consider getting a cat or run a water sprinkler in the area of your garden?

SC

SC

whoa, seems the pigeons are not the only thing that go over your head

The OP should be careful when throwing deadly rat poison around. There may be children playing in the area and of course other birds and wildlife that could be harmed by the poison.

Maybe consider getting a cat or run a water sprinkler in the area of your garden?

it would seem to me anything that may become collateral damage was trespassing to begin with. rat poison is by far the best solution thus far.

it would seem to me anything that may become collateral damage was trespassing to begin with. rat poison is by far the best solution thus far.

I'm sure any parent would agree

A cat would keep both species at bay with the additional bonus of sh1tting in your neibours yard each evening. Another solution would be to purchace a suitable decoy (plastic eagle owl etc) as used to great effect by fruitgrowers/gamekeepers elsewhere.

HTH