Urgently Require Creative Web Designers

Greetings,

2 positions are required urgently for Creative Web Designers.

- Male or Female, Age 24-35 years

- Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Web / Graphic Design or Online Media

- At least two-year of relevant work experience

- Good knowledge of HTML coding and PHP.

- Familiar with the use of Macromedia Dreamweaver, PhotoShop, Illastrator.

- Knowledge of ASP, XML, Javascript would be an advantage

- Good knowledge of English both speaking and writing

- Hard working & Flexible

- Able to manage a team

If you are interested in this job, please contact me at //email removed//.

During office hours 9am - 6pm, please contact at 66-01- 4244477 and ask for Pat.

Once I receive your email, I'll contact you as soon as possible.

Thank you and hope to hear from you soon.

Pat

I actually know someone who may be qualified. But, she is 39 and over your age requirement. Oh well, I guess you limit yourself by posting a "qualification" such as age.

All the best.

Thank you Kat for your post. If your friend is interested in this job, she may post the resume over. Age could be negociated if she is really good and creative in design.

Regards,

Pat

exactly, i hate those thai style ads, ages between xx and yy, ridiculess IMO

These “thai style” age job requirements happen in the US too, not just Thailand. It’s just not legal to state.

It’s not “thai”, it’s logical. Between two equally qualified candidates, the older one is the more likely to get bitter about working for someone younger going forward.

In fact, I think US-style job hiring is ridiculous.

The US is the ONLY country in the world that has created laws to discriminate against Asian men.

They have create so-called “equal opportunity” laws that apply to all minorities EXCEPT for Asian men. This despite the fact that the most prestigious and highly-paid jobs in US society – professional athlete, CEO, entertainers – are extremely underrepresented by Asian men.

The US is the ONLY country in the world that has created laws to discriminate against Asian men.

They have create so-called “equal opportunity” laws that apply to all minorities EXCEPT for Asian men. This despite the fact that the most prestigious and highly-paid jobs in US society – professional athlete, CEO, entertainers – are extremely underrepresented by Asian men.

Get over it. If your qualified you will get hired.

Get over it. If your qualified you will get hired.

If that were true, they wouldn't have those laws in the first place. Nor would they have multi-million dollar lawsuits from those "protected" minorities claiming discrimination.

We have multi million dollar lawsuits about everything in the usa. Thats the way it is.

In this day and age racial discrimination in the work place is not as bad as it used to be. Just because your asian doenst mean that a company wont hire you. It makes sense for them to hire the most qualified person regardless of age, skin color etc. Yes, I know it DOES happen though, just not as much as you are trying to make it seem

Explain how these laws discriminate against Asian men?

To re-frame the thesis in more universal terms:

If Thailand had "equal opportunity" laws that forced hiring and school admissions quotas for all ethnic minorities in Thailand - Japanese, Chinese, etc - but EXCLUDED Caucasians from consideration, I would think most Caucasians would consider this discrimination. Even without these ridiculous laws existing in Thailand, Caucasians living in Thailand complain about discrimination all the time (which is reflected on various posts here).

Edited by gurkle

If Thailand had "equal opportunity" laws that forced hiring and school admissions quotas for all ethnic minorities in Thailand - Japanese, Chinese, etc - but EXCLUDED Caucasians from consideration, I would think most Caucasians would consider this discrimination. Even without these ridiculous laws existing in Thailand, Caucasians living in Thailand complain about discrimination all the time (which is reflected on various posts here).

I still don't get your point. America's equal opportunity laws DON'T mandate quotas, in fact quotas are not legal. There are programs to encourage hiring or admission to those in groups that are underrepresented in fields and schools due to past and present discrimination, but not quotas.

It is not a perfect system by any means, but it is needed. At least in academia Asian men are well repersented. Look at who teaches at colleges these days, there are a ton of asians. My point is the law does not discriminate against asian men. Is there some discrimination by people, sure, but that is against the law. Of course enforcing a law is not always easy I would agree on that.

I still don't get your point. America's equal opportunity laws DON'T mandate quotas, in fact quotas are not legal. There are programs to encourage hiring or admission to those in groups that are underrepresented in fields and schools due to past and present discrimination, but not quotas.

It is not a perfect system by any means, but it is needed. At least in academia Asian men are well repersented. Look at who teaches at colleges these days, there are a ton of asians. My point is the law does not discriminate against asian men. Is there some discrimination by people, sure, but that is against the law. Of course enforcing a law is not always easy I would agree on that.

There ARE quotas in the US. At least where I worked and went to university.

My university has since repealed those ridiculous admissions quotas, which previously mandated that the student population had to reflect the overall the state population, even if the dumbest Asian had better grades and scores than the smartest member of a "discriminated" race (which isn't true, but theoretically possible under these laws). However, many universities still have them.

And if in theory Blacks and Hispanics and Native Americans are supposedly discriminated against on the basis of race, explain to me why this wouldn't apply to Asians? We are severely underrepresented in the most prestigious and best-paying jobs in America - CEO, professional athlete, entertainer.

Even Filipinos and European-Spanish with Hispanic last names get to take advantage of these ridiculous racist laws.

My university has since repealed those ridiculous admissions quotas, which previously mandated that the student population had to reflect the overall the state population, even if the dumbest Asian had better grades and scores than the smartest member of a "discriminated" race (which isn't true, but theoretically possible under these laws). However, many universities still have them.

And if in theory Blacks and Hispanics and Native Americans are supposedly discriminated against on the basis of race, explain to me why this wouldn't apply to Asians? We are severely underrepresented in the most prestigious and best-paying jobs in America - CEO, professional athlete, entertainer.

Even Filipinos and European-Spanish with Hispanic last names get to take advantage of these ridiculous racist laws.

Once again you seem to be confusing discrimination by people and discrimination that is mandated by the law.

Discrimination by people happens, I agree BUT to say it is mandated by law just is not true.

Racial quotas are illegal. Your school may have had them at one point but as you just said they do not anymore. If a school still has racial quotas then they are doing something not legal. They are allowed to have programs to encourage underrepresented minorities to attend school but that is not the same as having specific quotas to fill. For more on this type in Bakke and Supreme Court in to a search engine.

Second what laws mandate that non Asian minorities be promoted to CEO, professional athlete, entertainer? Again is there some discrimination…yes, but it is not due to the law mandating discrimination. I know of almost no black CEOs. Hollywood is ridiculously racist and sexist, but not because the law mandates it so.

Why are there not a lot of Asians in sports? A couple reasons, one being that in general Asian parents are going to push their kids in academics not sports. That’s why you see a ton of Asian PhD’s (though at my school they were moistly Asians who were not from America).

Third point to consider is there just are not that many Asians in America! Self described Asian only make about 5% of the population. There are high concentrations in some spots particularly on the west coast (SanFran, LA, etc) but not nationwide.

So to some up there is some racism, the mechanisms for dealing with past and present discrimination are not perfect but the law does not mandate discrimination.

- Male or Female, Age 24-35 years

Though certainly kosher in Thailand, age restrictions for jobs are generally frowned upon in farangland, especially for a job for which the proper qualifications have very little if nothing to do with the performance of the job.

I say we ban such restrictions at thaivisa.com

Can we make this happen, admin?

Once again you seem to be confusing discrimination by people and discrimination that is mandated by the law.

Discrimination by people happens, I agree BUT to say it is mandated by law just is not true.

Racial quotas are illegal. Your school may have had them at one point but as you just said they do not anymore. If a school still has racial quotas then they are doing something not legal. They are allowed to have programs to encourage underrepresented minorities to attend school but that is not the same as having specific quotas to fill. For more on this type in Bakke and Supreme Court in to a search engine.

I concede, you're right. I did some google research and found that quotas were eliminated in 2003 by a close Supreme Court decision of 5-4.

However, the ruling also said that universities CAN give preferences in admissions based on race. The last time I checked, the definition of racism is to give preference to people based on race. Hence, the U.S. judicial system, while not mandating discrimination, still allows colleges to discrimate on the basis of race if they wish.

Thankfully, this institutionalized discrimation might be eliminated soon if Alito, a Hispanic, is confirmed for the Supreme Court since he also opposed affirmative action quotas when the issue was brought up several years ago.

When the 2003 decision was made, Clarence Thomas, the only black member of the Supreme Court, opposed the idea of giving prefence based on race. He cited a 1865 passage from abolitionist Frederick Douglass. It said, "What I ask for the negro is not benevolence, not pity, not sympathy, but simply justice."

Edited by gurkle

I concede, you're right. I did some google research and found that quotas were eliminated in 2003 by a close Supreme Court decision of 5-4.

However, the ruling also said that universities CAN give preferences in admissions based on race. The last time I checked, the definition of racism is to give preference to people based on race. Hence, the U.S. judicial system, while not mandating discrimination, still allows colleges to discrimate on the basis of race if they wish.

Thankfully, this institutionalized discrimation might be eliminated soon if Alito, a Hispanic, is confirmed for the Supreme Court since he also opposed affirmative action quotas when the issue was brought up several years ago.

When the 2003 decision was made, Clarence Thomas, the only black member of the Supreme Court, opposed the idea of giving prefence based on race. He cited a 1865 passage from abolitionist Frederick Douglass. It said, "What I ask for the negro is not benevolence, not pity, not sympathy, but simply justice."

gurkle,

You obviously feel strongly about this issue. I do think that it is a complicated issue and wish I had more time to discuss some of the differing views on it. But for now I will say that I believe you are mistaken in calling Samuel Alito a Hispanic. He is in fact of Italian decent so would not be considered Hispanic.

Don't even bother with these people, they can't even be botbered to reply to emails. (Ref their jobs)

This maybe a scam, because since i replied by PM i have had nothinng but scam and viruses (although my softwear prevented them)

Be careful.

Whitz!

I don't think it's a scam but they are very unprofessional in the way they deal with people.

And check out the charming posts at the company blog. http://11infotech.blogspot.com/

Monsieur Comglas has a way with the words.

Don't even bother with these people, they can't even be botbered to reply to emails. (Ref their jobs)

This maybe a scam, because since i replied by PM i have had nothinng but scam and viruses (although my softwear prevented them)

Be careful.

Whitz!

Seem Patt wont get anyone to work for his/her company.. or maybe s/he is lucky not having anyone in here working for his or her company.

Though I think s/he is clever enough not to bother reply your guys posts since s/he will get nothing but kind of headache discuss... Congrat Patt!

I also read the blog.... whats wrong with it?

Dont understand you guys sometimes on what's wrong with it if the company will specify what they really want... if in some kinds of job require long hours work daily, then I guess age matters in a way .........

Just an opinion.. Cheers!

Well, these responses keep bumping the ad to the top of the forum topics list, meaning that most potentially interested people will read the job requirements and qualifications and not even get past the second or third post... hence much more chance of Patt filling this position!