Sunday Roast In Ubon!

DreamRider

I dropped by the N'Joy Pub yesterday to meet my good friend Louie and was pleasantly surprised that Rattana is now putting out a traditional Sunday Roast between 2.00 and 8.00PM, every Sunday.

Includes a two meat choice, three or four veggies, spuds and gravy. Yesterday I was treated to arguably the most tender Roast Lamb I've had in Thailand.

Having spent the previous three days in the village eating Larb and sticky rice, it was a welcome contrast!!

Is Louie back? Thought he had returned home permanently. Please tell him I say hello. Good news about the Sunday roast. Nice to have something a little different in Ubon from time to time.

Edited by MeMock

Is Louie back? Thought he had returned home permanently. Please tell him I say hello. Good news about the Sunday roast. Nice to have something a little different in Ubon from time to time.

Hi Andrew,

Louie's been back for a while and is in the bar most days .. except Monday when N'Joy is shut!!

Hope the family is well and hope to see you soon, I'll be in Ubon for another month.

CC

Hi Andrew,

Louie's been back for a while and is in the bar most days .. except Monday when N'Joy is shut!!

Hope the family is well and hope to see you soon, I'll be in Ubon for another month.

CC

You and your missus coming on the hash on Saturday DR?

Hi Andrew,

CC

You and your missus coming on the hash on Saturday DR?

That is the plan SS, Missus and 10 month boy. She won't accompany us on the run this time as we can't find trainers for the lad, but is happy to participate in circle activities after!! Will Mrs SantiSuk be coming??

Thanks for the groundwork re Sisaket accomodation.

Does anyone have the address for N'Joy Pub?

Cheers

Basically, the western end of Palochai Road, on the right, about 100 metres before the sharp right turn through to the small market.

and Palochai rd is where you'll also find Tohsang Hotel and Ubon prison. N'joy is further in and other side.......biggrin.png

Hi Dreamryder,

I live in Nikhom Kham Soi near Mukdahan,could you please tell me where the Njoy Pub is located,so in future I may join and try the Sunday roast.

Greetings Jonkheer

Hi Jonkheer,

As post #10. Palochai Road runs west from the north-west corner of the Tung Sri Meung in central Ubon. Enjoy!!CC

Is Louie back running the NJoy or just frequenting the place. Havent seen him for years. Will try and catch up with him

Louie and his wife Eet owns the place, but it is run by Rattana and her staff.

Btw, I will be in Ubon on Friday if you wanna catch up. biggrin.png

Is Louie back running the NJoy or just frequenting the place. Havent seen him for years. Will try and catch up with him

Trond,

Due to Bhuddist Lent this week the school has thursday and friday off so we are back to the farm at Khemarat as of Wednesday arvo. We usually are only in Ubon Sun night to friday arvo. Let us know when you are in town next.

Carl

Hi Dreamryder,

I live in Nikhom Kham Soi near Mukdahan,could you please tell me where the Njoy Pub is located,so in future I may join and try the Sunday roast.

Greetings Jonkheer

Hi Jonkheer,

As post #10. Palochai Road runs west from the north-west corner of the Tung Sri Meung in central Ubon. Enjoy!!CC

Yeah - strange considering all the managers it has had that nonoe has put up a web-site / map (or not one I could easily find). For non-locals best to use Darwins website - see map here:

http://www.weloveubon.com/

Come down from the north on the 'main drag' Chayungkun heading south towards the river and Warin Champrap. When you see the large green space open up on your left (Tung Sri Meung - with its big votive candle) turn immediately right/west into Th Phalochai; it's a large staggered crossroad junction. Keep going straight ahead on Phalochai for about 2k. You will pass Hotel Thosang and a large prison on your left. nJoy is about half a k past the prison on your right. It's marked on Darwin's map.

Sorry - I know all of this has been said in pieces - just putting it all together for strangers (soince the lamb thing sounds like they may be on to a winner!

PS - DR not sure about Ann coming, but I'm bring 2 or 3 Thai family/friends along to the hash, including a couple of girls definite (mid thirties) so your missus will have khon Thai to chat with.

Edited by SantiSuk

Trond,

Due to Bhuddist Lent this week the school has thursday and friday off so we are back to the farm at Khemarat as of Wednesday arvo. We usually are only in Ubon Sun night to friday arvo. Let us know when you are in town next.

Carl

Will do Carl! biggrin.png