From Suvarnabhumi To Korat

just scroll down and you''l find numerous same-same Qs for about any Isan major city-the answer is always the same.

1 bus, overnight, from Swampy BUSterminal around 21.00-via NR, KK, UT, to NKhai.

At other times: taxi, bus, walk, rent a pigeon, to the Mochit or-(but TV-users seem to dislike them to much) any of the minivan stands and catch the big bus-ev 15/20 mins all day.

and for the tiny railloving at all price minority: raillink+MRT to Bangsue station, then wait a few hours for a yet even later train, slowest of all.

It's only about 200km, all motorway so unless there's heavy traffic you could be there in 3 hours comfortable. Apparently they used to do flights but not any more.

I'd probably just get a taxi for about 2,000THB - buses are cheaper (200-300THB last time I went that way), and you can get them from the airport or from Mo Chit.

Trains from Bang Sue take forever, but if you're in no hurry are quite a pleasant way to travel.

1. Bus is cheepest, but depending on time, Taxi over, wait for the bus, usually a multi stop thing, Lowest cost, longest time

2. Taxi form airport, Some will go some not, some play the I won't do meter thing and say a price. English maybe ????

3. TThai transport does point to point , door to door anywhere in Thailand, New clean fully insured cars and trucks. Good English. Can meet you inside the airport. and take you. Quickest and safest, but more costly at about 2500 Bt. for what you want

I doubt if any would go to Korat on the meter, but many taxis have a price list on the back of the seat for various provinces. 2500 from TThai sounds pretty reasonable though.

A taxi will take you anywhere in Thailand for the right price,I nearly always get a taxi home to Phetchabun,and always pay the same price 4000 baht,that works out to about 80 odd quid,not bad for a journey that takes 4 and a half hours and is over 300 km.

I doubt if any would go to Korat on the meter, but many taxis have a price list on the back of the seat for various provinces. 2500 from TThai sounds pretty reasonable though.

A taxi will take you anywhere in Thailand for the right price,I nearly always get a taxi home to Phetchabun,and always pay the same price 4000 baht,that works out to about 80 odd quid,not bad for a journey that takes 4 and a half hours and is over 300 km.

Do they go on meter though? I've taken one up to Chaiyaphum a few times, not far from Petchabun, but always agreed a price first. One guy let the meter running for a bit of interest and it was actually within 10 THB of the price we agreed, which is pretty impressive guess work. Otherwise it's always been agreed beforehand.

I checked Thai Transport for this route.

Normal to or from the airport 3000

If driving is mostly after dark 3500

If driving is mainly after midnight 4000

1 person with normal luggage

Fluent English speaker, Car, Truck, or SUV with Leather, Air, CD etc. Full insurance.

Do they go on meter though? I've taken one up to Chaiyaphum a few times, not far from Petchabun, but always agreed a price first. One guy let the meter running for a bit of interest and it was actually within 10 THB of the price we agreed, which is pretty impressive guess work. Otherwise it's always been agreed beforehand.

The meter is only used in Bkk, any destination outside has the destination and price in both English and Thai in every taxi.

This doesnt mean to say every taxi wants to go to your destination.

post-39258-0-37613900-1343721489_thumb.j

post-39258-0-99676200-1343721510_thumb.j

I travel from Suvarnabhumi to Korat (Phi Mai) about 15 times a year or more. The direct bus has very limited service and leaves at times that do not fit with arrival or departure times. Next option is to taxi to MoChit 2 for the bus to Korat - taxi with airport surcharge around THB250 then THB200 for the fare to main Korat bus station - about 3.5 hours. Then I have to get an old rattler bus to Phi Mai for THB80 - generally standing room only for the 45-50 minute journey. If I couldn't be bothered with the combio of taxi and 2 buses I catch a taxi from the rank. there has always been someone there willing to go to Korat. Standard quoted fare is THB2,700 plus some more for Phi Mai. THB 3,000 worked 3 weeks ago - all up including tolls etc. I checked Nakhon Ratchasima airport 6 weeks ago. It was alomst deserted except for some bored security and cleaning staff. The airport did advertise a 6 seater plane thjat made flights to Bangkok - but when I checked on the web site it was not working - probably like the small plane?! The rail is a possibility but again taxis and local transport make it more challenging. Getting back to Suvarnabhumi is not so bad. I generally get a lift to Korat bus station and ask for them to let me out at Rangsit where any number of ready and willing taxis whisk me to the airport for international travel. I can be checked in at BKK from Korat in 3 hours.

Cheers