Trouble Downloading Mountain Lion

mezzem

I purchased Mountain Lion from the app store. After clicking on the “Download” link, I noticed that what should have been a 4+ gigabyte download finished in just one or two seconds and it was actually only a 70 mb file. When trying to install, I got a message saying the file was corrupted and it can't be used. Tried downloading ML 10x, but it never worked and I ultimately got a refund from Apple. Thinking about trying to purchase Mountain Lion again at some point and am wondering if anybody else in Thailand has had a similar problem when trying to download it?

Thanks for the topic, I was able to download the 10.8 update from the App store, took about 4 hours

with TOT. I then had what they call a Kernel Panic Error every time I tried restarted.

Then when I tried shutting down it would restart anyway and had the same Kernel Panic.

I have 97 days left on my extended Applecare and contacted Senior advisors in USA.

They had me reinstall and then they had me do a clean install. All with the same problems. They said it

was a hardware problem and needed to be taken into Apple store for repairs. They said to write

for a refund if I wanted. I did that and they gave me a hard time since they did not read

my email. I gave them the case number. After complaining that Support used to be better

when Steve was alive and never had so many problems with my mac mini late 2009 model as I have recently.

When I brought it in to Applecare at ITFortune next to Istudio 3rd floor the lady said four people have

similar problems and that something from Lion is stuck in the computer and won't let the Mtn. Lion

work. I left it there for them to see if there is something that can be done and if Applecare support

senior advisors knew what they were talking about in terms of hardware problem instead of software.

They had installed a new main board a couple of months ago because the plug kept falling out.

Maybe something went wrong with that?

I don't know. I had Lion working again before I brought it to the shop and then reinstalled from App

store Mountain Lion with the same problem, so we shall see what they say now.

Good luck to all with Apple these days.