Tourist Visa Maximum 180 Days?

Would like to check if my tourist-visa math is correct and up to date.

A tourist-visa allowes a stay of 60 days. So if a triple-entry-visa can be obtained that would bring the total lenght of stay up to 180 days (3x 60), right ? After that, any further extensions possible ?

Thanks & cheers.

Remember you must leave Thailand and return again to keep it valid.

If you want to extend in Thailand you must have a reason for extending, easy option if you do not qualify is to go to a Consulate outside of Thailand

You can get another 30. Days on each one of those tourist visas for a cost of 1900. Baht from your local immigration office,that's what I have triple tourist visa 3x60=180 plus your 3x30 days = 270 days 9 months but gotta do 2 border runs

I'm going to ask a related question here instead of opening a whole new thread. For the 30 day extension, does it matter if I go a week or so early, I mean will it go into effect at the end of my current 60 days (hopefully). Or will it take effect right away and possibly lop off those few extra days between then and the end of the 60 ? I'd like to go about 4 days early. My flight back is booked already. Thanks - SS

Well folks, since we are at it: Upon having to leave Thailand and re-entering, would it matter if this is done by land-border-crossing or air-travel ?

Thanks & cheers.

So let's try again: After having been granted an initial "Multiple Entry" does it matter if the following Exit and Return Visa runs are performed by land border crossind or by air-travel ?

Cheers.