Political Conflict Shifts To Hague Court

Lite Beer

Thats all very well, but people being caught up in the moment seem to have forgotten that Thailand is not a Signatory to the ICC and therefore no investigations can be taken on unless the "defendant" is from a country which is a signatory. Last time I looked Thaksin was born in Thailand which is not a signatory whereas Abhisit was born in the UK which is.

Is Montenegro a signatory?

Yes, Montenegro is.

So is Uganda.

Nicaragua, however, is not.

http://www.icc-cpi.i...states parties/

Using Apisit's British citizenship as a channel to prosecute him means the ICC would have to ask the British government to investigate the Ratchprasong incidents- the ICC won't move till the country involved has finalised its own investigations.

And the chances of the British government having the will or authority to investigate this are zero.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats all very well, but people being caught up in the moment seem to have forgotten that Thailand is not a Signatory to the ICC and therefore no investigations can be taken on unless the "defendant" is from a country which is a signatory. Last time I looked Thaksin was born in Thailand which is not a signatory whereas Abhisit was born in the UK which is.

Is Montenegro a signatory?

Yes, Montenegro is.

So is Uganda.

Nicaragua, however, is not.

http://www.icc-cpi.i...states parties/

Using Apisit's British citizenship as a channel to prosecute him means the ICC would have to ask the British government to investigate the Ratchprasong incidents- the ICC won't move till the country involved has finalised its own investigations.

And the chances of the British government having the will or authority to investigate this are zero.

But will the move on Mr Thaksin as he has Montenegran citizenship.

Let the children play, if the ICC have one ounce of sense, they will stay out of this as they are being used for political purposes.

Further "Red-shirt lawyer Robert Amsterdam" I thought he was our man in Dubai's lawyer, and our man in Dubai said he wasn't involved with the red shirts and had retired from politics..whistling.gif

Robert Amsterdam is a trouble maker. He is a lawyer with no ethics. This is a man who can defend a human rights abuser and would-be dictator but at the same time accuse others of human rights violations by twisting the facts and rewriting history. He is indeed a dangerous individual and one of the reasons why he turmoil continues in Thailand.

Mr. Amsterdam (origin of the name:Ashkenazic), should try to raise some human rights issues in the area occupied by his compatriots instead. Edited by TackyToo

"The Democrat Party has called on those adversely affected by the war on drugs policy implemented during the Thaksin Shinawatra administration to file a class-action lawsuit against the fugitive former premier at the court."

Good. hit-the-fan.gif

"Thaksin's anti-drugs campaign, launched in February 2003, resulted in around 2,500 extra-judicial deaths, which led to concern among human-rights advocates. After Thaksin was ousted in September 2006, the junta that took power ordered an investigation into the war on drugs. The probe concluded that as many as 1,400 of the 2,500 people killed had no link to narcotics."

And there you have it !

"The application requests that an ICC prosecutor launch a preliminary investigation into the death of 91 people, mainly red-shirt demonstrators, who it alleges were "intentionally killed" by the government in April and May last year."

As I said yesterday, there would have been no casualties or fatalities had the red shirts not had their little "peaceful" (yea right) rallies. coffee1.gif

"Amsterdam has alleged that the government set the stage for a deadly crackdown by using security officers camouflaged as the mysterious "men in black" to stage fatal attacks on Army troops sent to suppress the demonstrators on April 10. This was done so the Army could justify deadly retaliation, he has claimed, adding that no "men in black" were arrested.

Amsterdam also claimed the Army hired arsonists to set fire to buildings at Ratchaprasong Intersection on May 19 to justify the brutal crackdown. Amsterdam said he filed the case because "Thailand has demonstrated a complete absence of the rule of law

Be sure not to miss the words alleged and claimed.

Also be sure to remember that Mr. T has been tried, found guilty, sentenced and is a fugitive criminal.gs

That's who our PM hangs out with.

What a darling little chaste girl.........cheesy.gif

Given the statements made before and after the war on drugs by certain persons this could be a political hot potato for the dems.

If it means that thousands of deaths are investigated properly, there may well be a few negligible objections but at the end of the day everyone wants the truth to out.

Not everyone..........

"Amsterdam has alleged that the government set the stage for a deadly crackdown by using security officers camouflaged as the mysterious "men in black" to stage fatal attacks on Army troops sent to suppress the demonstrators on April 10. This was done so the Army could justify deadly retaliation, he has claimed, adding that no "men in black" were arrested."

So the army did a false flag operation by killing the Queen's Guards commander, a favourite of... someone, to discredit the Red Shirts. Right.

Only an imbecile or an utterly brain washed zombie would believe Amsterdam. Propagandists and manipulators like him are the main culprits of Crimes Against Humanity along human history.

Fortunately Amsterdam bailed on Taksin as his Lobbist in June of this year. He is however still his Laywer.

I believe that as Thailand is not a "States Party to the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court", similar to USA, Russia, China etc. any outcome, even if evidence becomes available on which to make a judgment, is in no way binding on Thailand. So basically it's all just a lot of political hot air and a waste of money.

The key part of Amsterdam's submittal to the ICC is that Abhisit is a British citizen and therefore subject to the ICC jurisdiction.

TH

http://www.thaivisa....e/page__st__125

When a country is not a signatory to the ICC, there is another way citizens can petition it-through a unilateral declaration, the ICC may accept petitions through this channel on an ad hoc basis.

This is the route both the red shirts and Kasit have taken, but in fact Kasit's petition will certainly go nowhere for some time as the petition must be backed by the signature of the Prime minister or Foreign Minister.

In both cases there will certainly be a long wait.

I only have one thing to say about the killings, I took someone to Tramkabok Drug cure Temple in Lop Buri 3 years ago to get a cure for drug addiction. While i was there i had a look around and they had a Cure Table how many they had cured over the years they had been open. I was a little confused looking at the table because there was a major drop around 2003 for about 3 years, from memory from over a thousand in a normal year down to around 60 in those years and then it satrted to climb, I asked the head monk why, he told me the police just walked through the temple shooting drug addicts in for a cure as they got paid a bounty for each one they killed. I say no more if you don't believe it go and look for yourselves.