Where Can I Find A Broom In Bangkok? A Real Broom, Please!

Will2011

I often believe in the following saying regardless of financial situation. If you want something done it's better to do it yourself.

Hmm, possibly.

I'd say one needs to weigh the time and effort spent in managing and controlling those who do the task, against the time and effort of doing it oneself. Unless you have a long term and well established, trust-based work relation with your servants, it often tends to be rather tricky. So instructing a random condo cleaner doesn't cut the mustard in my opinion.

Edited by Morakot

Anybody know why Thais don't use vacuum cleaners, the problem I see with all these brooms and the like is that they are just moving the dust around from one place to another. I'm often amazed at the amount of dust that collects on our fans and in my computer cooler.

It is probably the price factor.

Well they manage to buy every other consumer product on the market but not vacuum cleaners.

Anybody know why Thais don't use vacuum cleaners, the problem I see with all these brooms and the like is that they are just moving the dust around from one place to another. I'm often amazed at the amount of dust that collects on our fans and in my computer cooler.

It is probably the price factor.

Well they manage to buy every other consumer product on the market but not vacuum cleaners.

As mentioned, it's maybe due to a price reason added to electricity cost...

try Thai Wad Saduk - Should offer every type of broom and other home accesory that you might want... but I do have do agree with previous posts... the witch broom does seem to work best in my opinion. We live half our life in the USA and half here in Thailand, and my wife always buys a witch style broom before we go back to the USA because she hates the western style brooms.

except that customs once took it considering it a weapon... go figure... but thats a rant for another forum I guess

• Like 1

I was a door to door salesman of brooms, confession. Brooms like this are near useless and hard work to use properly. Why you see them all over the western world is a mystery to me.The 'witches broom' is much more effective and that's what I have been using for the last 40 years before I bought a leaf blower. Maybe you need a training course? ฿800.- an hour plus beer..

Brooms are hard work if you use them as the guy is doing it (in that photo) and how most of use a broom but if you use a broom the way a street sweeper does then it is much easier to centre the handle mid chest level and use two hands to push the broom. This way you can use the broom all day without getting back pain or as tired.

You can also get recharchable leaf blowers now and the battery should last long enough to do an average back yard.( Black & Deckers ,Ozito, Ryobi all do them plus there are some heavy duty ones we use for large landscaping clean-ups but they are worth about 150,000 baht each. not an option for most of us)

Also vacumn cleaners on tiles will work quiet well if you don't mind the whinning noise.

Edited by xen