My Favourite Tools

rcalsop

Uma,

C'mon you must have a tool/shed story of watching your dad skinning his knuckles on something or grappling with an unruly piece of equipment??

It may surprise you that I am a trained motor mechanic with 2 years experience. The tools were the property of the college so I didn't love them as my own!

I also got quite good at installing door speakers and repairing power windows but it wasn't something I wanted as a career, I wanted to prove a point as it is a qualification a woman in the UAA could never get.

I do actually miss my dungarees. :D

Don't listen to these boys, good on you for having a go and if you tackled power windows your alright by by me, hate that job.

But you really musn't mention clothes in a forum about tools ok? Otherwise the other boys will tease you again.:D

Nothing wrong with girls having a go but doing 2 years of a mechanic course and calling yourself a trained mechanic is pretty funny :D

And especially as she only did it to prove a point :o

If she wants to burn her bra maybe she can start a new thread

Hey wes hate to burst your bubble but I think she is probably 17 years old by the way that she posts and she seems to have a hang up with men as every post I have ever read of hers is negative. Or trying to show she has got what it takes to be a man. So we will just play along with her

I was 17 when I started the course ten years ago and I have no hang up with men otherwise I would not have been studying among them and partying with them. You certainly have a hang up with me because of what I write and how I look - you have put the two together and jumped to the conclusion that I am an unpleasant, vein, silly little girl who would never entertain the idea of sleeping with you, which may very well be the case. You only want to see the negative Rigger, because it's the easy option.

I sent her a personal message asking her to have dinner with me but she hasn't replied (yet).

You have actually sent two, and the fact I haven't replied should tell you something.

Edited by Uma~~

Hey wes hate to burst your bubble but I think she is probably 17 years old by the way that she posts and she seems to have a hang up with men as every post I have ever read of hers is negative. Or trying to show she has got what it takes to be a man. So we will just play along with her

I was 17 when I started the course ten years ago and I have no hang up with men otherwise I would not have been studying among them and partying with them. You certainly have a hang up with me because of what I write and how I look - you have put the two together and jumped to the conclusion that I am an unpleasant, vein, silly little girl who would never entertain the idea of sleeping with you, which may very well be the case. You only want to see the negative Rigger, because it's the easy option.

I sent her a personal message asking her to have dinner with me but she hasn't replied (yet).

You have actually sent two, and the fact I haven't replied should tell you something.

TOOLS GUYS TOOLS !!!!!

As soon as a woman appears she throws a spanner in the works ( or not ...at least a borrowed one in this case )

Do not be side lined this is the cyber version of the shed ....women are allowed in ....to bring a bacon sandwich or a cup of tea and leave a faint whiff of perfume as they go , they are welcome to help to hold that rotating nut that needs the third hand but that is an emergency ...

Remember tools tools !!!!!!!!get back in the cyber shed

Do not be side lined this is the cyber version of the shed ....women are allowed in ....to bring a bacon sandwich or a cup of tea and leave a faint whiff of perfume as they go , they are welcome to help to hold that rotating nut that needs the third hand but that is an emergency ...

Agreed. And if we're to allow women into our cyber shed they should at least first be given some kind of questionnaire test to gain posting priveleges. :o

i.e.

1. Does a 220v Dingle Blaster come with oscillating flange flippers?

2. What would you use a 12" open-mouthed Grobble Thruster for?

3. Where do those micro washers and springs go to when you drop them and can't find them?

4. If I was holding an engine part in one hand and a cold chisel against a tough nut with the other hand and said "When I nod my head, hit it with the hammer." Would you hit the chisel or my head?

5. If a car refuses to start, what is your first reaction;

1) waggle the gear stick

2) Twiddle with the rear veiw mirror.

3) open and close the ashtray draw.

4) All of the above.

5) suspect the indicator fluid needs topping-up.

6) check to see if other electrical devices are working.

5. For the windows of the cyber shed have you already picked out in your mind a nice set of colour co-ordinated curtains? If so, what colour or pattern are they?

:D

Edited by Gazza

yes I did see the negative Uma as your first post about isnt it sweet and you signature along with it gave me the impresson that you where belittling our shed thread

As for I am an unpleasant, vein, silly little girl who would never entertain the idea of sleeping with you, What is that all about ???

I will say it again I have no problem with you or any other women posting here but if you dont want people to take your posts the wrong way maybe they should contain a little bit more information

Gazza, you might add this to your list:

Where can you get water cooled muffler bearings and go get a skyhook for me. :o:D:D:D

Then of course there are these all important items that no shed can be without,

1. Left handed screwdrivers

2. 10" populating tool.

3. Jar of sparks.

The "cyber shed" I like the sound of that, you might be on to something there, maybe an offshoot of TV.

If TV were like a comfy lounge for people to hang out in we could be in the shed down the bottom of the garden with a dimly lit bulb and greasy hands tinkering away.

If TV were like a comfy lounge for people to hang out in we could be in the shed down the bottom of the garden with a dimly lit bulb and greasy hands tinkering away.

Sounds interesting. :D

This thread has more innuendo than tools, tut tut boys. :o:D

yes I did see the negative Uma as your first post about isnt it sweet and you signature along with it gave me the impresson that you where belittling our shed thread

As for I am an unpleasant, vein, silly little girl who would never entertain the idea of sleeping with you, What is that all about ???

I will say it again I have no problem with you or any other women posting here but if you dont want people to take your posts the wrong way maybe they should contain a little bit more information

Sounds interesting. :D

This thread has more innuendo than tools, tut tut boys. :o:D

NOW I KNOW WHY I MARRIED A THAI LADY ..!!!! THANK YOU FOR REMINDING ME .