Tollway

NoshowJones

Last week travelling north on the Tollway near Don Muang Airport, it cost me 25 Baht, returning to Bangkok the following week, it cost 85 Baht. Does anyone know why? I entered and left the Tollway at the same place both times.

To put it another way;

On entering one pays for all the tollway available ahead. There is no refund if you leave 'early'.

This is because there are only toll plazas on access and none in the length of the expressway.

This is because there are only toll plazas on access and none in the length of the expressway.

Except for the 85 Baht toll heading south and the 25 Baht toll heading north both near Rangsit / Don Mueang smile.png

Heading north from Ratchadapisek you pay 60 Baht on entry and then hit the 25 Baht, if you enter far enough north there is no toll on entry so you just hit the 25 Baht at Rangsit.

Heading south there are no tolls on entry before to 85 Baht plaza.

It's been this way since they raised the toll fee several years ago.

I live out east of Rangsit on Hwy 305, if heading downtown via the Tollway, pay the baht 85 just south of Don Muang for the entire run to Din Dang.

When coming back north, pay baht 60 at Din Dang (lesser amount at Chang Wattana), then another baht 25 at the tollbooth just north of Don Muang.

Total, baht 85 for either direction.

Mac

I find the pricing policy and other operational issues of the Don Muang Tollway Company strange in comparison to Bangkok Expressway Company, which runs all the other tollways in Bangkok. Though one of the least congested tollways, DM.

Edited by Morakot

Let me calculate:

From Banglamung to Petchaburi Road is THB 105 for the Bangna-Trad stretch and another THB 5 somewhat further up the road. (Total THB 110)

From Petchaburi Road to Banglamung is THB 45 to enter the express-way system at Petchaburi Road and another THB 65 at the end of Bangna-Trad expressway in Chonburi (THB 110)

Back and forth....same price.

I think that the major difference is (as described in another post) the system of paying a fixed amount at the toll-booth or a stretch dependable amount when entering/leaving the expressway.

Edited by saengsureeya