Oasis To Headline

Rj 81

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 acts for a maximum of 3,000 baht on the first day? What a rip off. And three of the acts on Day 1 are local. And I thought Australia's Big Day Out was expensive. I won't complain anymore!

Prices start at 1000 baht a day, which is not bad at all for 7 bands, especially with Oasis, Ferdinand and monkey Brown playing, about what, 140 baht a band? Hardly a rip off dude.

Edited by bkkmadness

I wonder how the pre-sales are going at those ridiculous prices....not too well, obviously.... why would ticketmaster give a 40% discount then ?

I feel pity for the many Thai music fans who would have a chance to see a couple of international acts at the same time, but cant afford these prices (or need a binacular to watch the stage from miles away from the 1700 Baht area).....

after I had to change some travel plans, I will probably be in BKK next weekend and can go to see that (kinda miss to see a good live act, though I am not a huge fan of open air events). But I guess I myself will buy a cheapo-1000-ticket and spend the saved money inviting some young locals to get inside, I rather prefer to mix with the "real" Thai Fans at the cheaper area, than watching a bored-spoiled-upper-class Thai-chinese teen-crowd at the 5000+ area

I wonder how the pre-sales are going at those ridiculous prices....not too well, obviously.... why would ticketmaster give a 40% discount then ?

I feel pity for the many Thai music fans who would have a chance to see a couple of international acts at the same time, but cant afford these prices (or need a binacular to watch the stage from miles away from the 1700 Baht area).....

after I had to change some travel plans, I will probably be in BKK next weekend and can go to see that (kinda miss to see a good live act, though I am not a huge fan of open air events). But I guess I myself will buy a cheapo-1000-ticket and spend the saved money inviting some young locals to get inside, I rather prefer to mix with the "real" Thai Fans at the cheaper area, than watching a bored-spoiled-upper-class Thai-chinese teen-crowd at the 5000+ area

How very noble of you.

:o:D:D

Thats exactly what I thought. No reason a Thai who can afford 3000 baht isn't as big of an oasis fan as the poorer ones.

My brothers going, taking the 3000 baht seats, so maybe you'll see some farang music fans there.

I remember when Oasis was playing in Ilford, 3 quid for that ticket back in 94.

Stereophonics pulling out, I'd say that's a relief. :D

Thats exactly what I thought. No reason a Thai who can afford 3000 baht isn't as big of an oasis fan as the poorer ones.

My brothers going, taking the 3000 baht seats, so maybe you'll see some farang music fans there.

Saw them 2 years ago, outstading band fella. Really good live. My sticking point would be that Kelly seems to have lost himself up his own arse but, which lead singer doesn't.... :D

They're earlier stuff was without doubt the best, the first 2 albums that is. If they could of filled the set with loads of that as they did in Sheffield that night, I promise they would have been well worth seeing,.

....but they've done a Morrisey, so none of this matters. Iwas at the Manchester against Cancer night on Saterday last. What fuc*in night.

30th January 2006

MANCHESTER VERSUS CANCER

We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Andy Rourke and all those who worked so hard for the Manchester Versus Cancer concert at the MEN Arena last night. The gig was a great success and a night all those who attended will remember and be talking about for a long time.

There were many highlights – 808 State’s ‘Cubik’, Graeme Park and Mani on the decks, Johnny Marr showcasing his new line up and the sublime rendition of ‘How Soon Is Now’ with Andy Rourke on bass (their first time together since 1987). The incredible mash-up of collaborations during Doves' uplifting set – Badly Drawn Boy coming on to play ‘Disillusion’, Johnny Marr and Bernard Sumner joining them for a chaotic version of the Northern Soul classic ‘There’s A Ghost In My House’ and an equally raw ‘Vicious’ (or ‘Viscous’ as Bernard called it) from Lou Reed’s ‘Transformer’ album.

New Order played an entire Joy Division set which included ‘Twenty Four Hours’ – played for the first time since Joy Division ceased to be, and it was truly fantastic. The ‘finale’ was the most chaotic thing I think I’ve seen for myself on any stage – members of all the previous bands joining Sean Ryder for an incredibly under-rehearsed but as-spirited-as-can-be version of the Happy Mondays' ‘Wrote For Luck’. No one quite knew where they were in the song, or how it was going to finish, but it didn’t matter- to be honest, it doesn’t get any better than this. Brilliant!

If their were any disappointments I suppose they might be a too short a set for Elbow, John Cooper Clarke only giving us one joke (but a good one, his classic “Here’s a band that need no introduction… they’ve met each other before”) and the lack of any female performers (where was Denise Johnson?).

Well done to everyone who supported the cause and raised money for Christie Hospital. If you want to be a part of this you can make an online donation at www.christies.org/makedonations.html

redrus

post-16343-1139241404_thumb.jpg

Saw them 2 years ago, outstading band fella. Really good live. My sticking point would be that Kelly seems to have lost himself up his own arse but, which lead singer doesn't.... :D

They're earlier stuff was without doubt the best, the first 2 albums that is. If they could of filled the set with loads of that as they did in Sheffield that night, I promise they would have been well worth seeing,.

....but they've done a Morrisey, so none of this matters. Iwas at the Manchester against Cancer night on Saterday last. What fuc*in night.

30th January 2006

MANCHESTER VERSUS CANCER

We would like to take this opportunity to congratulate Andy Rourke and all those who worked so hard for the Manchester Versus Cancer concert at the MEN Arena last night. The gig was a great success and a night all those who attended will remember and be talking about for a long time.

There were many highlights – 808 State’s ‘Cubik’, Graeme Park and Mani on the decks, Johnny Marr showcasing his new line up and the sublime rendition of ‘How Soon Is Now’ with Andy Rourke on bass (their first time together since 1987). The incredible mash-up of collaborations during Doves' uplifting set – Badly Drawn Boy coming on to play ‘Disillusion’, Johnny Marr and Bernard Sumner joining them for a chaotic version of the Northern Soul classic ‘There’s A Ghost In My House’ and an equally raw ‘Vicious’ (or ‘Viscous’ as Bernard called it) from Lou Reed’s ‘Transformer’ album.

New Order played an entire Joy Division set which included ‘Twenty Four Hours’ – played for the first time since Joy Division ceased to be, and it was truly fantastic. The ‘finale’ was the most chaotic thing I think I’ve seen for myself on any stage – members of all the previous bands joining Sean Ryder for an incredibly under-rehearsed but as-spirited-as-can-be version of the Happy Mondays' ‘Wrote For Luck’. No one quite knew where they were in the song, or how it was going to finish, but it didn’t matter- to be honest, it doesn’t get any better than this. Brilliant!

If their were any disappointments I suppose they might be a too short a set for Elbow, John Cooper Clarke only giving us one joke (but a good one, his classic “Here’s a band that need no introduction… they’ve met each other before”) and the lack of any female performers (where was Denise Johnson?).

Well done to everyone who supported the cause and raised money for Christie Hospital. If you want to be a part of this you can make an online donation at www.christies.org/makedonations.html

redrus

Cool :D

redrus

What do you mean 'they've done a Morrisey'?

What's Morrisey ever done wrong? Musically that is.

redrus

Nothing fella, I love Mozza as much as the next. He's just notorious for backing out or just not turning up. As he did the other week and left his old band members to do a couple of their old numbers without the lead/top man....!

redrus

:D:D:D

redrus

Depress people! :o

:D:D:D

redrus

Depress people! :o

If Morrisey deppresed you then you wern't listening closely enough to Johnny Marr's guitar, its enough to lift anyone out of Mozza induced depression.

Saying that I like Morrisey as a solo artist too. North South divide I think Brit..? :D

redrus

Edited by redrus

When I was buying my tickets a couple of days ago at Thai Ticketmaster, I asked why UBC subscibers got a 40% discount. The ticket seller told me that UBC are sponsoring the show and they are giving a 40% discount to all subscribers. Also if you use DTAC you get a 30% discount.

Surprisingly there are still thousands of tickets available. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing. :o It will be convienient getting another beer or going for a slash if it's not too crowded but on the downside it might not make a great atmosphere if there are vast spaces in the crowd.

Oasis are cool, i like a song on the new cd but i don't know the name, its the longest one there is and you think its finished and then it starts again!

Let there Be Love??

You got it!!!

Yopu stole the sun from my (something) in a world fall apart at the seems...

Let there be love....

let there be love...

let ther belove.....

let there be love...

DUH DA DA DA DA D DAAAA DAAA... BAB BAB BA BAB DAAAA DAAAA.... BAB BAB BAB BAB DAH! DAH! igotta go play it now jockstar thanks. :o

Oasis are cool, i like a song on the new cd but i don't know the name, its the longest one there is and you think its finished and then it starts again!

Let there Be Love??

You got it!!!

Yopu stole the sun from my (something) in a world fall apart at the seems...

Let there be love....

let there be love...

let ther belove.....

let there be love...

DUH DA DA DA DA D DAAAA DAAA... BAB BAB BA BAB DAAAA DAAAA.... BAB BAB BAB BAB DAH! DAH! igotta go play it now jockstar thanks. :o

A ######ing great song. Played it at my wedding as we both walked out. Real cool!

Stereophonics have now canceled :D

Thats why I havent bought any tickets yet, Ii want to see who actually will turn up.

Is there any replacement band?

And ticketmaster are selling all tickets with a 40% discount to UBC subscribers :D I just got 35'000 bahts worth of ticket for 21'000 :o

Does it count that my building subscribes to UBC and pipes it into the rooms? What details do you need, could I just say I am a subscriber and bluff it out?

Does it count that my building subscribes to UBC and pipes it into the rooms? What details do you need, could I just say I am a subscriber and bluff it out?

Get the manager to photocopy it for you, I used a personal one and the building one :o

Edited by Joey Boy

Hey that took me back. I went to see The Stone Roses at Spike Island, Liverpool, was one of the best days of my life! <deleted> class Ian Brown is. Unfinshed Monkey Business! I think I will fly in for this one!

:D:D

Oasis, aren't they dead? :D

Cliff Richard Fan! lol :o

Edited by lopburiguy