Do I Need To Change My Non-O To Tourist Visa Before Getting Divorced?

Had a bit of a look around but can't seem to find the answer.

Like the topic says, before getting divorced will i have to change my Non-O visa to a tourist. I live in BKK but working overseas and i'll only be in the country 2-3 days after the divorce but returning few weeks later.

Thanks in advance for your help.

If you are a non-O VISA and it is still valid then the divorce will not negate that. If, however, you are on a Non-O extension for reason of marriage then that will finish on the day of the divorce. Visit immigration the same day, if possible, and get a 7 additional days for 1900 baht, which will cover your few days before you leave. When you return you can come back in on exempt or tourist as you wish.

Just thought, if you are over 50 years old can change reason for stay to retirement, not a problem working overseas with that.

If you return to Thailand with an airplane ticket in had for a flight out of Thailand within 30 days you can get a Visa on Arrival at the Airport.

To be honest no-one will know you are divorced at that time, so just keep the O and leave. It is when people apply for new visas or extensions that these things get noticed.

If you return to Thailand with an airplane ticket in had for a flight out of Thailand within 30 days you can get a Visa on Arrival at the Airport.

To be honest no-one will know you are divorced at that time, so just keep the O and leave. It is when people apply for new visas or extensions that these things get noticed.

Yes, for a few days, better solution than mine.

Yes, for a few days, better solution than mine.

yes but yours is the safe bet, mine is the cheapest.

• Like 1

When applying for a new extension the question will most likely be asked why you did not notify Immigration of the divorce, they can get a bit upset if you do not tell them and it may affect later extension applications.