Diana Dragon Apartment

patongster

I often eat the Diana Dragon Bar-B-Q in their restaurant. Great meal.

I have only looked at the rooms but never stayed there. If you are on a tight budget they may meet your needs but the rooms are small and very basic.

One bar worker I know, who spent one night there with a casual customer, swore never to stay there again, no matter how good looking the customer was or how much he was prepared to pay for her taxi home.

If you are coming to Thailand for a two month vacation, you will have plenty of time to check out similarly priced hotels. I think you could do better.

I can't help you with prices.

Edited by Mighty Mouse

I often eat the Diana Dragon Bar-B-Q in their restaurant. Great meal.

I have only looked at the rooms but never stayed there. If you are on a tight budget they may meet your needs but the rooms are small and very basic.

One bar worker I know, who spent one night there with a casual customer, swore never to stay there again, no matter how good looking the customer was or how much he was prepared to pay for her taxi home.

If you are coming to Thailand for a two month vacation, you will have plenty of time to check out similarly priced hotels. I think you could do better.

I can't help you with prices.

Thanks mate! Looking for cheap long term accommodation on the net is giving me a major headache! Lots around 12k per month, but not much under it. I think I will just have to look around once I get there, but the little annoying voice in my head wants me to have an exact budget plan before I get there.

Not sure of monthly rates but why not check out hotels on Soi P72 just off walking street.

I have stayed at most of these P72,PN Inn Cherry Lodge etc.

I stayed at PN Inn very recently and from 400 Baht per night in this location was a bargain.

I sure you would get a good monthly rate if you asked....

I agree. The breakfast buffet was a good value at 75 baht, but I wouldn't stay there.

C0413.jpg

Hundreds of apartments all along Soi Buekow from Pattaya Tai to Pattaya Klang. I paid 8k for the month of November for a large one bedroom apartment near the Tuesday/Friday market. Just park your bag at a bar or restaurant you are familiar with and go knock on some doors.

IF you're arriving after the April Madness, you can likely find something starting around 4-6k/month. Newer buildings will be a bit higher, but still very reasonable. Budget 2k for the electric and water and you're set.

Good luck,

WISteve

Patpongster, perhaps if you tell us your accommodation budget we can point you in the right direction.

Also, do you prefer a complex with a swimming pool, room service, cleaning, central location, quiet, 24 hour security etc etc.

Thanks for all the advice!

Ok, I will be arriving around the 3rd of May. I would like to get away with 8,000 baht per month including electric/water etc. But that being said I don't mind paying up to 10,000 baht if I have too. As far as a central location goes I’m not too fussed as long as it is on or in walking distance of the baht bus route. Having said that, dew to the price I want to pay I don't mind it being out of the action a bit, to be honest I would rather something out of the action but not too far away. Another big factor for me is I would like something close to Tony’s gym if that is possible? No need for a swimming pool, but if it has one that is a bonus. I would like the room cleaned at least twice a week with fresh towels and sheets etc. 24 hour security would be nice also.

Thanks again!

ps, steve I will check out the breakfast buffet, wow 75 baht all you can eat! nice.

Edited by patongster

You're not going to get much with your accommodation budget. You can expect to get an apartment that is slighty more upmarket from what the Thai hospitality workers would rent for themselves.

These rooms are very, very basic.

There are a number of hotels with room rentals in your price range that are closer to your comfort expectations, but they may not be in your preferred location. I can't give you any first hand information on them.

Click on the link below, select the hotels that tickle your fancy and list them. Perhaps someone in this forum will be able to provide a good description of the facilities that they have.

http://www.pattaya.com/hightlight/hotel/hotel_all.asp

Hello Has anyone stayed at the Diana Dragon Apartments? If so would you reccomend them for a stay of one-two months? Price etc would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You don't say what your budget is for the hotel. Check out some of the hotels on Soi Honey Inn. You have the Honey Inn Hotel, it's been going through a little renovation and most of the rooms have been spiffed up.

The Intown Holiday Hotel and the Bay Breeze Hotel are also on Soi Honey Inn. Both hotels are popular with returning visitors.

Other cheaper hotels are on this same street.