Here Is My New Yamaha Road Star 1700, 2007 Model.

dagling

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would take months to get a greenbook on a used bike?

Get used to that dinner-plate size redplate. It will be with you for a while. I have never once heard of a green book delivered anywhere close to the amount of time promised by the dealer on a used grey bike import like this. In fact some were never delivered and the bike was returned.

And get ready to be harassed by the BIB after 30 days, which is how long you can legally ride with that red plate...and that's only in the daytime and only in your province.

I would make (and have made) a small custom redplate with the same info on it as that billboard you've got there. It's totally legal as dealers make their own redplates.

If its an official red plate then it comes from the transport office. Official red plates should come with a driving log book to write in the journey. Its only when they run out do they make dodgy ones. TIT

sent from my Wellcom A90+

Edited by thaicbr

Well, as a Honda VTX1800 owner all I can say is......welcome to the other side. thumbsup.gif

You are now in the small privileged group of Metric cruiser riders who know the pleasure of having a big ballsy powerhouse underneath you.

The pleasure extends to riding in a comfortable position. Never being short of power to overtake. Getting respect (occasionally) from car drivers. Having other big bike riders become instant friends...well except for some Harley riders (I think they are jealous).

Enjoy smile.png

• Like 2

Keep us updated how it goes getting the book sorted.

To be honest, I think I do not care about the Green Book here in Isaan with my journeys.

Police are not as active here, and if I were at some time be stopped, it costs me 200 bath and a smile.

I do not drive down to Pattaya and Bangkok, are mainly trips up here in Isaan. Loei and the national parks.

The bike has all the papers, and Tax Invoice.

Green Book costs me between 70,000 and 90,000 bath, and as I said, I do not really see the point of spending so much money on my usage of the bike.

• Like 1

To be honest, I think I do not care about the Green Book here in Isaan with my journeys.

Police are not as active here, and if I were at some time be stopped, it costs me 200 bath and a smile.

I do not drive down to Pattaya and Bangkok, are mainly trips up here in Isaan. Loei and the national parks.

Green Book costs me between 70,000 and 90,000 bath, and as I said, I do not really see the point of spending so much money on my usage of the bike.

Good on you. Ride illegal. Ride on cruiser guy :ph34r:

Hey Dagling, the bike was advertised as having a green book http://www.bahtsold....e-109011?doqs=1 so if you paid anywhere near the asking price you should get a green book! But you say you have to pay another 70k for the green book?!

Green Book was optional;-) Price Green Book 420.000 bath. Without the Green Book 360.000 bath.

I paid 340,000 bath without the green book.

And if you have or cause an accident?

Good on you. Ride illegal. Ride on cruiser guy ph34r.png

Yes ... to hell with the BIB;-)))

Good on you. Ride illegal. Ride on cruiser guy ph34r.png

Yes ... to hell with the BIB;-)))

I think if I was in your position I'd be a little more discreet.

Hey Dagling, the bike was advertised as having a green book http://www.bahtsold....e-109011?doqs=1 so if you paid anywhere near the asking price you should get a green book! But you say you have to pay another 70k for the green book?!

Green Book was optional;-) Price Green Book 420.000 bath. Without the Green Book 360.000 bath.

I paid 340,000 bath without the green book.

Yesterday you said you had bought it already and were waiting for the green book and it would take a couple of months. Today you said you bought it without the greenbook? Ah well, up to you but I wouldn't risk it myself...

Having other big bike riders become instant friends...well except for some Harley riders (I think they are jealous).

Enjoy smile.png

555... They pay to much money, for less funlaugh.pngcheesy.gif

I am just sitting here in my hotel room here in Maizuru (Japan) on the 9th floor and heard a Harley down on the street, despite it was pretty dimmed down exhaust note but still no mistake which bike it was. I seen a lot of HD's here in Japan, I wonder whywink.png, don't think they are cheap here.

Yes you pay more for the real thing, if I ever was to buy a big cruiser again it would be a HD (owned 2 in the past) or I rather pass.

I had a lot of fun of my last HD: Police saluting you, never being stopped on beach road during bike raids outside the police station & great trips all over the Kingdom. Oh boy I miss my HD Road King but family first, hmm maybe again one day, a man got to have his dreams.

Edited by guzzi850m2
  • Like 1

hmm, much money for a bike with fake red plates and no book...do you really believe, you will receive a book in this life?

Ahh sorry, I read you don't care about illegal or not.

Hopefully, you will never get involved in a serious accident...

But maybe no problem...I am 100% sure, your insurance, if you have any, will be very happy to cover any damages,

caused by your illegal bike..thumbsup.gif

I seen a lot of HD's here in Japan, I wonder whywink.png

Maybe the same reason, as in Pattaya?

Annoying loud Harleys/Yammies/Honda Shadows/whatever, driven by aged Farangs as a "Penis enlargement"

Edited by Turkleton

Having other big bike riders become instant friends...well except for some Harley riders (I think they are jealous).

Enjoy smile.png

555... They pay to much money, for less funlaugh.pngcheesy.gif

I am just sitting here in my hotel room here in Maizuru (Japan) on the 9th floor and heard a Harley down on the street, despite it was pretty dimmed down exhaust note but still no mistake which bike it was. I seen a lot of HD's here in Japan, I wonder whywink.png, don't think they are cheap here.

Yes you pay more for the real thing, if I ever was to buy a big cruiser again it would be a HD (owned 2 in the past) or I rather pass.

I had a lot of fun of my last HD: Police saluting you, never being stopped on beach road during bike raids outside the police station & great trips all over the Kingdom. Oh boy I miss my HD Road King but family first, hmm maybe again one day, a man got to have his dreams.

Seriously, if you were given the choice of a Harley or this bike, you would take the Harley or choose to not ride at all? I find that very hard to understand. Do you love riding nice bikes or love the (brand) image? Do you buy a bike to ride or do you prefer to be saluted by corrupt cops?

At least you're telling it like it is, most harley guys like to dress it up as something else so I applaud your honesty if nothing else.

• Like 1