Explosions In Chiang Mai ?

formuleone

Thanks for your answers. ;)

Can be from a Temple indicating that someone has either died or about to be cremated.

They are always in the afternoon, not early morning.

And those I can hear are pretty loud..

As for the rice fields, I don't know any near Nong Hoi.. ? ;)

Something else ?

Can be from a Temple indicating that someone has either died or about to be cremated.

They are always in the afternoon, not early morning.

an air strike then?

Is the OP dreaming, having nightmares....no one else has heard them, or can suggest a plausible reason.

There are rice paddies all around CM.

Loud bangs may be attributed to fireworks or gun shots - scaring birds usually early am or send-off for recently departed normally ~ 3pm.

If followed by a wail of sirens then likely to be a gas bottle explosion ... rare, but very LOUD! The explosion, that is ...

Series of loud bangs in Nimmanhamin area last night during the heavy rain. Sounded like firework celebrating Mother's day or something

At or near Wat Jet Yod they had an impressive firework display last night during the rain. Was probably that; some seriously loud bangs would have been clearly heard in Nimmanhamin area.

They also set of fireworks at odd times, including early mornings so that might be an explanation if other Wats do the same. Though apart from cremations I don't know why.

That's explained a lot, thanks for this I also thought the sound came from that direction.

Series of loud bangs in Nimmanhamin area last night during the heavy rain. Sounded like firework celebrating Mother's day or something

At or near Wat Jet Yod they had an impressive firework display last night during the rain. Was probably that; some seriously loud bangs would have been clearly heard in Nimmanhamin area.

They also set of fireworks at odd times, including early mornings so that might be an explanation if other Wats do the same. Though apart from cremations I don't know why.

That's explained a lot, thanks for this I also thought the sound came from that direction.

That doesn't work for me : the explosions I'm talking about happened previously and often, are not multiple (one at a time), not during the rain and are loud enough to make windows shaking (so I really doubt that they are fireworks..).

I guess the rice paddies treatment is still the most realistic hypothesis. wink.png

Edited by formuleone