Paypal Account In Thailand Linked To Thai Bank Account

hello

Has anyone specifically opened a paypal account in Thailand and linked it to their Thai bank account specifically to send funds to the UK?

If so, are there limits? How often can you send? any issues? delays? Occurrences?

Look forward to all replies.

my gf's paypal is connected to her bank account, works the same way as connecting paypal to an english account. does all the same things.

i dont know about sending money from her thai account to my english one, the chances of her giving me money would be a fine thing! lol

I have opened a Paypal account for a Thai friend and linked it to their Kasikorn bank account. It has been used for over two years now without a single hiccup or any request from Paypal for account verification documentation. The Paypal account has been used to push and pull money between Thailand and Australia.

After you link the Kasikorn account to paypal you must verify it. Paypal will make two seperate deposits of a couple of Satang into the Kasikorn account. Check these amounts (either online or take the passbook into the branch) and then enter the amounts in the paypal website to complete the verification.

• Like 1

I'm not sure linking your Thai Bank account to a Paypal account would be a good idea,as the authoritys may be alerted and claim you are working in Thailand. with or without a work permit. Or they may want to know how you aquired the money in the first place?

Thanks to you all for your comments.

Money laundering will not be an issue as all funds originated in the UK and can be proven.

Linking the accounts is the same process as used in the UK by Paypal so no issues there.

No issues with the authorities thinking anyone is working in Thailand as the account will be in Thai person so no work permit needed and tax paid on earnings anyway.

Thanks again all, something to think about.

You can link to a Kasikorn bank from Siam commercial up to 5 accounts linked to a Krungsi savings account to a Krung Thai one from a Bangkok bank current account from HSBC wired to a American express Mastercard from a TMB Checking account to a Bangkok bank corporate banking account from an AEON machine.

Get it ?

I'm not sure linking your Thai Bank account to a Paypal account would be a good idea,as the authoritys may be alerted and claim you are working in Thailand. with or without a work permit. Or they may want to know how you aquired the money in the first place?

Ridiculous.

Fine! Spoken as a true expert.

Edited by MAJIC

I have also a Paypal account linked to Kasikorn , and I transfer from Paypal to Kasikorn , never tried the other way .

If I want to transfer money after a condo sale in Thailand, what is the maximum limit , using Paypal ? And will Kasikorn allow me to do it ?

Edited by balo

Hi !

I also linked my to Thai bank account dvb and kasikorn since 2 year!

Make sure you convert the money first from euro or pounds into thaibath if you not do and send foreign currency directly the bank in Thai charge 400 to 500 bath!

On scb bank I got notify when I buy something in a store and when money arrived from PayPal within 5 days scb send SMS to confirm usually always at 2,3o in the night time kasikorn does not confirm areived payment buy SMS , but when you activate k cyber banking by yourself on the ATM you can also make PayPal payments!

There are some limits in the private accounts!

On a eu paypal account if you receive more then 2500 euro year your pass board will be verifyed, have something to do with money laundering law!

If you not send copy of your pass board within 18o days to PayPal!

The case will be automaticly forwarded to tax government controll office!

This is a eu law, in Thailand I think currently not handle like this!

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 2

Since all Thai banks follow Bank of Thailand regulations, I expect all/most the banks have basically the same rules. This Bangkok Bank Link show their rules for sending money out of Thailand via internet banking, which is basically what is being done when money is pulled from your account say through PayPal. Once a person gets the paper work approved their internet banking can be setup to send funds out of Thailand for certain reasons.

But for foreigners its pretty much limited to salary repatriation which means you also have a work permit. There are also other cases/rules where your are sending back money from sale of a condo, etc., where that's done by going to a bank branch in person.

• 2 months later...

Ridiculous.

Thank God someone said it. Why would I care if the authoritys "find out" I'm working in Thailand? They're the people who pay me! And the authorities overseas? They're the people I'm trying to pay!

Edited by aboctok

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

In my case, I just want to receive money at Kasikorn form a Paypal account.

Maybe you guys can help with a few questions.

In this case is a Kasikorn debit card or Kasikorn Cyber Card needed?

In the USA, there is a monthly $500 limit on transfers form PayPal to a linked bank unless a debit/credit card is attached to the account.

From looking at the Paypal website there is a 3.9% fee plus a 2.5% currency conversion fee making it a total of 6.4%. In addition to that are there fees from Kasikorn? Is the exchange rate the interbank rate or is that another hidden fee beyond the 2.5%.

Thanks!

• 3 months later...