Thai Tire Technology From The 1960'S?

BuckarooBanzai

I am going to be more astute in trying to maintain 30 psi though as I have been to trusting on letting others maintain pressure.

Never rely on a local to insure your tire pressures are correct. After leaving car dealer after service more times than not I find my tires with 40 psi when 30 psi front and 29 psi rear is recommended by manufacturer.

Locals also seem to have the same problem of over inflating motorcycle tires. Recently in for 1000 km service at dealer and when complete I started to ride off and within 20 feet noticed something not right and knew it was the tires. Jumped off and pulled out my tire gauge and check front and rear. Front calls for 25 psi and rear 35 psi but they had 50+ psi in front and rear. My gauge only goes up to 50 psi so could not read exact pressure.

Edited by ballbreaker

My Nissan Frontier came with Bridgestone Duelers. I changed them at 90,000 Kilometers and they still have about 50 percent tread left. I replaced them because they were not safe on wet roads. Apparently they became too hard and the traction suffered.

I might add that I am a conservative driver. The old Nissan still has the original brake pads and lining at about 110,000 kilometers.