Too Shy, Shy

theblether

If you mention Thailand many people think about sex tourism right away.

There is a perception that every guy that turns up in Thailand is some kind of sexual wolf.

I have met several guys in Thailand who are literally too shy to speak to women. To a lot of us this sounds remarkable, however I bet if you thought about it you would know guys in this category.

I have spoken to a few guys and been a little bit amazed at how difficult they find it to converse with the opposite sex. I've had them ask me how to go about it and my advice is always not to think about things too much.....and not to put pressure on themselves.

I think in many cases there is an inate fear of rejection........do you know anyone who suffers from shyness?......and how would you advise them?

For me and you GS that is the right attitude.....there are a lot if guys who have such a deep fear of rejection that they withdraw into themselves.......

There are people who fear escalators. The right treatment is to push yourself to use them, until it is nothing special.

What happens if a woman rejects you? Nothing. So the right training is going fo the rejection, not going for the shag.

Has anybody else seen it?

By the way Arthur........you can probably remember a teenage rejection that cut deep? I remember working up my courage to ask a girl out for the first time......and I was rejected. That was a sore one......but using the idea suggested by GS I soon got over it.

Maybe some of these guys didn't? In fact maybe some guys lost so much confidence after the break of previous relationships it left them scarred?

Edited by theblether

By the way Arthur........you can probably remember a teenage rejection that cut deep? I remember working up my courage to ask a girl out for the first time......and I was rejected. That was a sore one......but using the idea suggested by GS I soon got over it.

Maybe some of these guys didn't? In fact maybe some guys lost so much confidence after the break of previous relationships it left them scarred?

You pushed someone on an escalator ?

haha sounds like a character in the big bang theory,

Selective mutism (SM) is a psychiatric disorder in which a person who is normally capable of speech is unable to speak in given situations or to specific people. Selective mutism usually co-exists with shyness or social anxiety.[1]

Although my wife believes I suffer from this as when she speaks to me she usually only gets grunts in return smile.png

Yes theblether I cried and cried until I had no more tears left.

Then I remembered it was my fourteenth birthday the next day and cheered up somewhat.

Luckily there was nothing much else to do in my small fishing village so the girls were always well up for some fun.

Multiple rejection over many years....seriously you would need to ,lower your sights or get some counselling.

Finding women aint that tough...there are loads of them out there looking for you anyway....biggrin.png

Smokie don't mention "Who Dares Wins".........you know that just attracts those ex-army types. Bad boy.

@waza.......one of these days you gonna grunt once too much and you'll grow a little piggies tail.

The wife says I should stop doing it cos I am behaving like a Thai guyw00t.gif

jing jing

Edited by waza
  • Like 1

For me and you GS that is the right attitude.....there are a lot if guys who have such a deep fear of rejection that they withdraw into themselves.......

Out of polite curiosity, are you surrounded by women in your own country who consider you a paragon of:

1. masculinity

2. desirability

3. smoldering male sexuality.

You say that "there is a perception that every guy that turns up in Thailand is some kind of sexual wolf"

There isn't. Replace the word "wolf" with "inadequate".

All western women know the truth, by the way.

Edited by SiameseOracle

Out of polite curiosity, are you surrounded by women in your own country who consider you a paragon of:

1. masculinity

2. desirability

3. smoldering male sexuality.

You say that "there is a perception that every guy that turns up in Thailand is some kind of sexual wolf"

There isn't. Replace the word "wolf" with "inadequate".

All western women know the truth, by the way.

I wasn't asking you to give us a self assessment, however if that is how you feel about yourself I would recommend you visit a good counsellor.

On the other hand, I suppose you are the type of person this thread is all about, maybe you can explain to us......where did it all go wrong for you??

• Like 1

The less you try, the more interested women get. Go about your ways, do your own thing, then the challenge becomes to *avoid* getting into a relationship. But if you must, it'll be on your terms.

To which I can further add: and once you relent and get in that relationship, then the floodgates REALLY open, as Thai women seem to go in overdrive for a guy who already has a girlfriend. Strange effect, that. And the happier your relationship, the harder they try.

Shock Horror - The OP has discovered foreign men in Thailand who have problems relating to women.

No they don't.......a minority do.

There are mucho plentio foreign guys living in Thailand that wouldn't have a problem dating ladies anywhere.

I have no doubt you would put yourself in that category.

Just sayin'

just bring them to the correct place.

i was shy too when i first arrived here but not so after my butt got so bruised from all the random pinching

We are all grown ups here, you can tell the truth about your sore ass. Was it men girls with high pitched voices and tall, that left you sore?

• Like 1

The less you try, the more interested women get. Go about your ways, do your own thing, then the challenge becomes to *avoid* getting into a relationship. But if you must, it'll be on your terms.

To which I can further add: and once you relent and get in that relationship, then the floodgates REALLY open, as Thai women seem to go in overdrive for a guy who already has a girlfriend. Strange effect, that. And the happier your relationship, the harder they try.

strange world you must live in,ive been married twice, to ladies from chiang mai and ive never once had a approach,from my ladies friends,and they both have a very large amount of thai girl friends.no disrepect,but i suppose it must boil down to were one keeps company.maybe im dipping out somewere,any tips.

strange world you must live in,ive been married twice, to ladies from chiang mai and ive never once had a approach,from my ladies friends,and they both have a very large amount of thai girl friends.no disrepect,but i suppose it must boil down to were one keeps company.maybe im dipping out somewere,any tips.

You have never had a physical approach ?, but, you are not perhaps able to feel the mental/vibe approach. Some of us have giggle.gif , good gun. smile.png