Visa Re. Singapore

I have booked a flight Bangkok to Sydney via Singapore and just noticed a few lines on my ticket that say....:

"If you have booked connecting flights,please note that you will have to collect your check-in bags, exit the transit area, clear Arrival Immigration and then re-check them at the check-in counter in Singapore for you connecting flight.

It is your responsibility to ensure a valid Visa for Singapore and for your destination"

My question is,does anyone know if I can get a Visa for Singapore on arrival,as we do here on arriving at Suvarnabhumi, or must I arrange it,the Visa, before I leave Thailand?.

All responses gratefully accepted.

Cheers Y'all...

Edited by 7by7
Font normalised; please do not post all in bold, see forum rules.

If you're an Aussie or from any of the Commonwealth countries then you'll be fine - last few times I've been through Sing they've given me a 90 day stamp on arrival - no questions asked (wish I had enough money to spend 90 days there !).

Same with Asean countries, they get a 30 day stamp. I think that even citizens from countries such as China and KSA have not needed a visa, provided your visiting and not working.

Don't think you need a visa for Sing, what passport you got?

Visa on arrival for most western and EU countries. As said above your nationality is relevent to your question, I am assuming that the 'Y'all' may have been your way of saying where your from??

• Like 1

Nationalities requiring visa before entering Singapore:

Afghanistan

• Algeria
  • Bangladesh (Except Diplomatic/Official passport holders)
  • Commonwealth of Independent States* (Except Diplomatic/Official/Service passport holders for a stay of up to 30 days )
    • Armenia
    • Azerbaijan
    • Belarus
    • Kazakhstan
    • Kyrgyzstan
    • Moldova
    • Russia
    • Tajikistan
    • Turkmenistan
    • Ukraine (Except Diplomatic/Official and Service passport holders for a stay of up to 90 days)
    • Uzbekistan

[*]Egypt

[*]Georgia* (Except Diplomatic/Official and Service passport holders for a stay of up to 30 days)

[*]India (Except Diplomatic/Official passport holders)

[*]Iran

[*]Iraq

[*]Jordan (Except Diplomatic/Official passport holders)

[*]Lebanon

[*]Libya

[*]Morocco

[*]Myanmar (Except Diplomatic/Official passport holders)

[*]Nigeria (Except Diplomatic/Official passport holders)

[*]People's Republic of China (Except Diplomatic/Service/Public Affairs passport holders for a stay of up to 30 days)

[*]Pakistan

[*]Saudi Arabia (Except Diplomatic passport holders)

[*]Somalia

[*]Sudan

[*]Syria

[*]Tunisia (Except Diplomatic/Official passport holders)

[*]Yemen

Visitors holding these travel documents also require a visa to enter Singapore:

• Hong Kong Document of Identity
  • Macao Special Administrative Region (MSAR) Travel Permit
  • Palestinian Authority Passport
  • Refugee Travel Document issued by the Middle-East countries
  • Temporary Passport issued by United Arab Emirates

For information on obtaining a visa, please go to the Visa Application page.

* Nationals of the Commonwealth of Independent States and Georgia may be granted entry into Singapore without visas if they are on transit to or from a third country. However, they are required to fulfill the following conditions:

• They are in transit to or from a third country
  • They hold -
    • A valid passport
    • A confirmed onward air-ticket
    • Entry facilities (including visa) to the third country
    • Sufficient funds for the period of stay in Singapore

[*]They continue their journey to the third country within the 96-hour visa free period granted

[*]They satisfy Singapore's entry requirements, as determined by the Immigration & Checkpoints Authority officers at the Singapore Checkpoints.

Hi Traxster,

I would check on Singapore immigration but I think you can get one on arrival for 90 days tourist free, depends on your nationality etc. I am a Brit and went back to Sing in March for a visa for Thailand, as I entered the checked my passport and stamped it.

As an Aussie, you get the equivalent of a Visa on Arrival called a 'Visit Pass'.

If, per chance, you are flying the new budget Airline Scoot, my gf just did that 3 weeks ago from Singapore into the Gold Coast.

And yes, you do have to enter into Singapore, collect your bags and re check-in.

For others reading this, the Thai gf did not need to obtain a Visa before entering Singapore.

More information in the Travel Forum about the Singapore Airport here.

To the many Thai Visa contributors who responded to my query,

Thankyou all very much.

For the record I am a New Zealander travelling on a NZ passport

and after reading all of the advice presented here I am sure that I will have no problems

passing through Singapore Airport.

Thanks again Y'all..........

Traxster

To the many Thai Visa contributors who responded to my query,

Thankyou all very much.

For the record I am a New Zealander travelling on a NZ passport

and after reading all of the advice presented here I am sure that I will have no problems

passing through Singapore Airport.

Thanks again Y'all..........

Traxster

I've done it any times,didn't even notice if I got avisa stamp or not,landed,then got on the next plane.