California Wow Owner Sentenced To 10 Years Of Non-Stop Dance Music

george

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of its status as satire, it is clearly out of place in a news section. It is in fact discriminatory against gays as well as it points out that being in proximity with them is 'punishment." The gay community should rise up and file discrimination law suits against Th Nation.

How can you force someone to run and listen to music.. That is a disgrace and what century is the judge and the country of Thailand living in.. 10 years in jail maybe ok but to torture someone is not acceptable... 1 rule for falang and bail if your a Thai... I hope he complains to the U.N or a world office because that sentence is digraceful

Never understood a joke in your life ???

Same for the people who liked the comment.

How can you force someone to run and listen to music.. That is a disgrace and what century is the judge and the country of Thailand living in.. 10 years in jail maybe ok but to torture someone is not acceptable... 1 rule for falang and bail if your a Thai... I hope he complains to the U.N or a world office because that sentence is digraceful

mmmm

maybe you should look in the mirror first before you go lambasting others for 'not getting it'

while you're at it have a re-think regarding why people liked his comment

Edited by nurofiend

mmmm

maybe you should look in the mirror first before you go lambasting others for 'not getting it'

while you're at it have a re-think regarding why people liked his comment

Yeah I noticed one of the likes was from the OP - seemed legitwhistling.gif

Read the header - "Satire"

rolleyes.gif

Frankly satire shouldnt belong in the news section. I'm kinda of sick of it after reading the first article last week.

It is not the fault of TV that they appear to be the same, the reader should know the difference between real and real real.

Agree - as is often said - "[satire] is the lowest form of wit!"

Regardless of its status as satire, it is clearly out of place in a news section. It is in fact discriminatory against gays as well as it points out that being in proximity with them is 'punishment." The gay community should rise up and file discrimination law suits against Th Nation.

cheesy.gif

Lol ....

Funny to see that when your comment comes without the word Satire written on top of it some people will think you are serious and don't spot the joke.

Frankly satire shouldnt belong in the news section. I'm kinda of sick of it after reading the first article last week.

Most of the articles that come from The Nation amount to blubbering nonsense or unintentional satire anyways. At least this article is comprehensible and error-free.

I always wondered how to tell the difference.

It is not the fault of TV that they appear to be the same, the reader should know the difference between real and real real.

Agree - as is often said - "[satire] is the lowest form of wit!"

That would be sarcasm. Satire is much higher up the food chain.

I for one think NTN does a very good job of showing how ghastly the journalism in the Nation can be. It also shows how often in Thailand, reality and fantasy are so closely related.

Levine only owns 10% of the company these days, by the way. He got out while the getting was good.

The company's annual report makes interesting reading. Levine received 17,890,000 baht in salary and benefits in 2011. Nice!

The company also paid millions in fees to a company owned by his wife. Extra nice!

Funny to see that when your comment comes without the word Satire written on top of it some people will think you are serious and don't spot the joke.

Well if that was meant as satire it was well disguised - as my teacher constantly said to me 'must try harder'

Read the header - "Satire"

rolleyes.gif

Wow, you really jumped on that...

so is this a fake story or is it real??

Well actually it is satire. The first word on the page.

What is interesting is the way George's mind works. Now this is the kind of article he would normally post on April 1.

I am already looking forward to April, George! I am sure you have something very good in store clap2.gif

To answer the first question: of course this is real! Ever seen TV reporting on something that is NOT real or true?!?

cheesy.gif

• Like 1

I promise, I'am innocent. Why they torture me too? crying.gif They call it "free music", but why they start playing at half past four? What about my human rights? Nobody in Geneve are interested, about torture in Thailand... I love water-boarding, but "free-music" is too much. After 1 year year, your brain look like jelly...clap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif