My Top 10 Reasons For Living In Pattaya

Gone

1) Nice beaches close by (NaJomtien etc.)

2) You can buy western food in the grocery stores.

3) Surrounded by 34+ Golf Courses.

4) Easy to find some English conversation when you want it (With other expats.)

5) Convenient location to Swampy Airport and some nice islands etc. (Good hi-way access)

6) Decent prices for rental and buying of places to live.

7) Several different sites to see close by. (Buddha Mountain, Temples, Zoo, etc.)

8) Immigration is very good here.

9) Nightlife when you want it or tranquility when you don’t.

10) It just has everything you need here more or less.

There are probably more but for me it's the best "City" in Thailand and I'm not even into the bar scene etc.

• Like 2

Ten reasons

1/ lots of available women

2/pretty women

3/long legged women

4/large breasted women

5/small breasted women

6/short haired women

7/ long haired women

8/women in short shorts

9/ women in short short skirts

10/ women who strip off and dance on stage .

only joking that was years ago biggrin.png

No it wasn't, they're still there! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I don't agree with number 1 nice beaches. Koh Larn is nice though if You want to take a boat ride..

you don't agree because you don't know where these beaches are. and those who know (like me) won't tell.

Are there secret beaches in Pattaya w00t.gif just like the CIA had secret prisons.
  • Like 1

I don't agree with number 1 nice beaches. Koh Larn is nice though if You want to take a boat ride..

My post did say "NaJomtien" which is South of Pattaya but accessible in 10 minutes.

you don't agree because you don't know where these beaches are. and those who know (like me) won't tell.

Are there secret beaches in Pattaya w00t.gif just like the CIA had secret prisons.

they are not "in" Pattaya but near by.

not very neighbourly is it. Where's the camaraderie? it's not as if you are sitting on your special private beaches dipping your toes in the collective cesspit sea water that is the gulf of Thailand all the time every day. Share the love - let this guy know where to go (as in to the beach, not the "where to go" in the traditional Pattaya kind of way).

• Like 1

Sorry Gone Najomtien is not a specially nice beach according to me. The beach is dirty, the water is dirty..have never enter the the sea in

Na jomtien..have been sitting on the beach though looking at people...At some beach restaurants they have decent food..Well You are entitled to Your opinion and I'm to mine..Concerning this matter a disagree with You...

Sorry Gone Najomtien is not a specially nice beach according to me. The beach is dirty, the water is dirty..have never enter the the sea in

Na jomtien..have been sitting on the beach though looking at people...At some beach restaurants they have decent food..Well You are entitled to Your opinion and I'm to mine..Concerning this matter a disagree with You...

Agreed. There is no such thing as a nice beach anywhere within the vicinity of Pattaya.

• Like 1

There are hundreds of beaches that are nice all down the coast here even just South of NaJomtien if you don't agree hence;

5) Good access to beaches, islands etc.

Seems people can turn a positive post to negative no matter what the subject here.

MY top 10 are he reasons I like Pattaya as apposed to other places in Thailand.

And I swim weekly at NaJomtien and I like it rather then NOT swimming.

As a good as it all looks and sounds. Realistically the living in pattaya is "groundhog day". Everyday is the same.

Let's be honest with our selves, how often do we actually go to the crocodile farm, go karting, Nong nooch, floating market etc etc.

I've been here 6 months so far another 2 months to go (been doing this for 5 years now). With so "much" to do, I find myself in central festival easily 5 out of 7 days a week, for food, chilling on the beach side restaurants etc etc! I go to the beach, the gym, take my family out etc....

TBH I'm rather bored, don't get me wrong I love the weather and the lifestyle (sorry if you see that comment as a contradiction)!

But it's come to me, pattaya is a holiday place in 3 weeks, you want to cram in all the attractions. In 8 months, 2 years or the rest of your life, this place for me has become extremely boring!

I see the same people doing the same things everyday, where is the enjoyment!

As a good as it all looks and sounds. Realistically the living in pattaya is "groundhog day". Everyday is the same.

Let's be honest with our selves, how often do we actually go to the crocodile farm, go karting, Nong nooch, floating market etc etc.

I've been here 6 months so far another 2 months to go (been doing this for 5 years now). With so "much" to do, I find myself in central festival easily 5 out of 7 days a week, for food, chilling on the beach side restaurants etc etc! I go to the beach, the gym, take my family out etc....

TBH I'm rather bored, don't get me wrong I love the weather and the lifestyle (sorry if you see that comment as a contradiction)!

But it's come to me, pattaya is a holiday place in 3 weeks, you want to cram in all the attractions. In 8 months, 2 years or the rest of your life, this place for me has become extremely boring!

I see the same people doing the same things everyday, where is the enjoyment!

You might be right - for me I've found Pattaya perfect for a relaxed laid-back lifestyle, and I agree with Gone, the sitting on the beaches and swimiing in the sea around Jomtiem / Pattaya are great. I probably wouldn't be here though if Pattaya didn't have its bars / nightlife, plus the visa's are easy to cope with.

Ten reasons

1/ lots of available women

2/pretty women

3/long legged women

4/large breasted women

5/small breasted women

6/short haired women

7/ long haired women

8/women in short shorts

9/ women in short short skirts

10/ women who strip off and dance on stage .

only joking that was years ago biggrin.png

11/ men that look like women wub.png

Sailing: don;t forget the Sailing . . . . . .

I've been here and have been sailing here for about 20 years now and I can tell you that THIS never bores . . . the sea is ever-changing and the short-distance destinations are more than plenty !

The sailing here is magnificent !

thumbsup.gif

I've been here and have been sailing here for about 20 years now and I can tell you that THIS never bores . . . the sea is ever-changing and the short-distance destinations are more than plenty !

thumbsup.gif

We went this past weekend. Just rented a Hobie cat. But great fun. Met a guy last week who said the islands out past Koh Larn are stunning. But we'd need a bigger boat to get out there and back!

My top 10 reasons are my wife who was born and raised in Pattaya. After living in Australia with me for 17 years I fulfilled my promise that on my retirement we would move to Pattaya for her to be close to her very large extended family. The list in OP's post helps contribute to quality of life, but not the beaches in the immediate vicinity of Pattaya. There are a lot better and cleaner beaches within 30/45 minutes drive from Pattaya city.

thumbsup.gif

That is a VERY good point and you are correct. Nothing beats sailing around to the local islands, cooler of beer, a few acoustic guitars and dark shades. thumbsup.gif

thumbsup.gif

That is a VERY good point and you are correct. Nothing beats sailing around to the local islands, cooler of beer, a few acoustic guitars and dark shades. thumbsup.gif

How to get into this please?