True Vision Hd Software Update Problem

JosephMcCann

Our true vision HD box doesn't work this evening;

- Tried checking the cables (all seem fine)

- Called the help desk (no staff on duty), got automated message that said turn off the power > wait for the true logo to appear then press exit > a box to enter a pin appears > enter the pin and all should be ok;

Well did that, but pressing exit does nothing. tried again with ok instead still no joy. also tried holding down the button, tapping the button continually, and single tap. no joy

any idea how to run the update?

I'm on firmware 202 i think latest update is 401 (i think)

The true site gives this info

http://www.truevisionstv.com/photo/download/Upgrade_SolfwareHD_401.pdf

which i followed not getting past the logo part tho.... help!!!

I had this problem too, bunch of channels vanished. I'm on Platinum...that means I should get everything right?

Anyhoo, the exit / pin number thing....You've gotta be a quick draw artist to get the exit and pin number in before the box heads through its routine. I'd enlist the help of a friend. The only way I could do it was to get my girlfriend to plug/unplug the box while I waited with the remote.

As soon as the true logo comes up...start punchin'!

Been on True a week. Not impressed. Sky TV in the UK is on another planet: service, quality and station wise. But I guess we have what we have. - T.I.T an appropriate acronym.

Unplug the box for about 15 seconds, plug it back in/turn it on, and as soon as you see "Booting" on the box LED display (not on the TV...on the box LED display) press the remote Exit button and quickly enter the 2485 code.

Don't even look at your TV screen awaiting some logo...look at the settop box LED....when you see Booting press the remote Exit and enter the code quickly. Then look at the TV screen and let it complete its process/firmware download/100% install process which can take around 10 minutes....don't interrupt this process. I've done it numerous times on my three HD cable boxes. Good luck.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Unplug the box for about 15 seconds, plug it back in/turn it on, and as soon as you see "Booting" on the box LED display (not on the TV...on the box LED display) press the remote Exit button and quickly enter the 2485 code.

Don't even look at your TV screen awaiting some logo...look at the settop box LED....when you see Booting press the remote Exit and enter the code quickly. Then look at the TV screen and let it complete its process/firmware download/100% install process which can take around 10 minutes....don't interrupt this process. I've done it numerous times on my three HD cable boxes. Good luck.

I LOVE YOU MAN ...

Had a problem today after the update late night, many HD channels dont work, called the stupid girls at True Care 3 times and the try to tell me that the channels that I cant see anymore are no longer in Gold pack, bullshit I said and went to google and fund this, NOW EVERYTHING WORKS...

SUPER THANK YOU clap2.gif

Have had a few problems since the update with channels crashing for a few seconds whilst watching. Also the MUTV channel 107 sound is out of sync which is extremely annoying. Have reset everything but still not working properly. Anyone else having these issues?