Farang Giving Up All To Come And Live In Pattaya

irishlad

I'd urge the OP to keep posting his experience - so many of these threads fade away, taking the original poster with them.

I for one would like now and again to hear the story continue past arrival and some feedback on what advice turned out to be good and what was no use at all.

In terms of advice to the OP - Don't believe the lies you will start telling yourself once you get here.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice would be to buy a girly bar, fall in love with one of the lovely ladies who work there and live happily ever after.

Pattaya is definitely the place to be......

Good luck smile.png

You say you have read the books.

Did that include Thailand Fever and/or Private Dancer - Stephen Leather

If you intend to become a "sex tourist" you seem to be going to the right place.

My advice would be to buy a girly bar, fall in love with one of the lovely ladies who work there and live happily ever after.

Good luck smile.png

If you intend to become a "sex tourist" you seem to be going to the right place.

I didn't say I read the books. I can't read ermm.gif

fast forward about 5-7 years:

your a fat old geezer, warming a bar stool every night, and drinking yourself into oblivion, and leering at those pretty butts.

That's rather unlikely, being Irish. Sound like good fun to me though.

your a fat old geezer, warming a bar stool every night, and drinking yourself into oblivion, and leering at those pretty butts.

Not everyone turns into an alcoholic in Thailand, though at places like Pattaya the chance is a lot higher then elsewhere.

Not everyone turns into an alcoholic in Thailand, though at places like Pattaya the chance is a lot higher then elsewhere.

Like Ireland!

Good luck smile.png

I didn't say I read the books. I can't read ermm.gif

Sorry, I'm new at this.

I meant the Original Poster to read this. (Ha, just worked out what OP means he he)

Particularly Private Dancer.

Oh and it Irishlad want's to learn Thai, I can recommend Learn Thai Podcast.

Good luck smile.png

A girl like that will call him 'darling' everyday ! ;)

• Like 1

hotandhumid I am a freelance IT person, worked and lived in Dublin,London,Berlin,Munich, Luxembourg, Hanoi .......never met the right lass plus me a "real lad" so not suited to marriage

May I suggest steel underpants for when the scissors come out from Ms Thai lady

And was your reattachment surgery successful???whistling.gif

Just another farang desperate to escape his mundane and routine life. I have seen hundreds like him come and go over the years, mostly leaving in worst shape than when they first arrived.

Firstly 48 years old is too young to retire, unless the person has millions of bahts in savings and the prospects of a decent pension income in the foreseeable future.

Plonking himself over here on a hope and a prayer that all will fall into place hardly ever works out. There is no truth in the myth that the streets of Thailand are paved with gold, because for those without wealth or on the bare minimum, there are no long term prospects at all. Once the money`s gone, than so are you.

The answer to the question: what to expect if living over here in Thailand? Is: depends on the financial situation and whether or not that person has planned well for the future, otherwise it`s just going to be an extended holiday break.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 2

The OP's title says 'give up all to live in Thai'

It seems to me that there is nothing to give up, no wife or kids, no house (as lives in Munich in rented), no job (as contracts),

So, what is the 'all' you are giving up?

You are a single guy looking for a bird when you are in town with savings in the bank and seems to me you are going to live it up for 6 months until you decide what to do.

So, again, what are you giving up?

nothing it seems!

Just another farang desperate to escape his mundane and routine life. I have seen hundreds like him come and go over the years, mostly leaving in worst shape than when they first arrived.

Firstly 48 years old is too young to retire, unless the person has millions of bahts in savings and the prospects of a decent pension income in the foreseeable future.

Plonking himself over here on a hope and a prayer that all will fall into place hardly ever works out. There is no truth in the myth that the streets of Thailand are paved with gold, because for those without wealth or on the bare minimum, there are no long term prospects at all. Once the money`s gone, than so are you.

The answer to the question: what to expect if living over here in Thailand? Is: depends on the financial situation and whether or not that person has planned well for the future, otherwise it`s just going to be an extended holiday break.

not all of us are broke.

he does not even mention money as being an issue!

what the issue really is, is coming over and letting your "weaknesses" get the best of you. this does tend to work quicker here then many other places.

Edited by jacktrip