Thai Dvds

Jack Jones

I recently bought a number of original Thai DVDs while I was in Bkk. Having got them back to the UK I have a region code error on my DVD player. I thought my DVD player was a multi-region version but obviously not.

Can anyone tell me the region code for Thai DVDs and whether these will play in the UK? I have some region 2 DVDs that play fine but obviously these one's I bought in Bkk are not region 2.

These are original Thai movie DVDs bought in a dept. store.

Thailand is Region3

Follow the link to the following site - you may be able to make use of the region hacks page

I bought myself a good multi-region dvd player not long ago - doesnt play any thai vcds though - despite saying it will - but will play all dodgy dvds that i bought on suk late at night :o

http://hometheaterinfo.com/dvd3.htm

Should do - bought load - amazes me cheaper the brand more functionality you get from the component. Coby - seems play any format, vcd/svcd, mp4, mpeg, divx. The top brands limit you. :o

It's true, can play any kind of DVD/VCD's & other formats with a noname DVD reader. :D

have you searched for your player's unlock code -

it may be the case that it requires unlocking to play that region - - or are they the same region as the vds...?

Not sure what region the VCDs are but they play fine. I've got a potential unlocking code for my DVD player so I'll give that a go tonight. If that doesn't work, I notice there's cheap unlocking codes on ebay

I am sure you will have tried this already but with most DVD players you have to select the function to switch region. I am sure you have tried - but if not have a look at your manual.

Certainly I have a multi-region player but have to change region to whichever DVD I will be watching.

Buy a Pioneer DV585-KS here in Thailand if you want a machine that will play even your old soggy potato crisps without complaining. Mine works brilliantly - it also has a karaoke function in case you feel like brightening up your neighbours' dull and pointless lives now and then. 3950 baht at Central.

I recently bought a number of original Thai DVDs while I was in Bkk. Having got them back to the UK I have a region code error on my DVD player. I thought my DVD player was a multi-region version but obviously not.

Can anyone tell me the region code for Thai DVDs and whether these will play in the UK? I have some region 2 DVDs that play fine but obviously these one's I bought in Bkk are not region 2.

These are original Thai movie DVDs bought in a dept. store.

Could you post the full name of you Toshiba? Like Toshiba SD-3930.

Your VCD´s will play no matter what, since there aren’t any region protections on VCD´s.

That is the reason why VCD´s are still popular in Asia, since the good folks here don’t want Hollywood to tell them what, when and how.

Many DVD Players have a code you activate via the remote control to get rid of that region bullocks...

And no it is NOT ILLEGAL to do so...

In the EU and many countries in Asia region coding is seen as conflicting with free trading.

So why do they do it...well as you know Sony, Panasonic, Toshiba and so on, are not only companies that makes DVD players or TV’s they also have a solid share in Hollywood film making and they think it could stop people from copying movies and so on...actually it does the opposite, because the next time you buy a DVD in Asia you might remember this incident and you for some eh...non region DVD’s...

http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multire...ble.asp?Page=75

Or try to search on Google for region hack and then your Toshibas name.

If you don’t have any luck and you are still in the UK try to buy cheap DVD players like United, Denver or similar they will play everything you put in there, ask the seller to make sure the region code is removed.

My DVD player is a SD231E, no luck finding an unlocking code for it as yet. It's an older model, so not sure if there's one available.

I'm just about to buy a new laptop. Does anybody know if the DVD players in the machine are region protected?

My DVD player is a SD231E, no luck finding an unlocking code for it as yet. It's an older model, so not sure if there's one available.

I'm just about to buy a new laptop. Does anybody know if the DVD players in the machine are region protected?

Seems like a lot of the Toshibas use the same unlock code

You could try it...

http://www.dvd.reviewer.co.uk/info/multire.../toshiba240.asp

If or when you buy a laptop you might have the same problem.

But having said that there are a lot of programs availible for download and remove or change the region code if there is one in your new laptop.

Like AnyDVD http://www.slysoft.com

But again ask before you buy or even better bring the Thai DVD’s with you and check if it works.

But remember the laptop might play the DVD but ask you to set the region first, be sure it dosent say anything about you only have 4 more setting left before it will lock the drive to that region selected last.

Edited some spelling errors...

Edited by Oishi