No Mention Of Yesterday Afternoon Suicide In Pattaya?

pattayadingo

A man jumped from the 10th floor of his apartment yesterday afternoon at about 3 o'clock and no word of it here or in the news section? I have to say that I am surprised at that.

Was he not worthy of any news lines in the local papers?

Odd to think that 12 hours earlier he was sat a few feet away from me in the same bar, drinking a beer and chatting to one of the staff.

R.I.P.

Now those problems will no longer haunt you.

So up till now their is 1 report of a suicide, by Pattayadingo, without any details about location,nationality or anything else.

Further on no reports from any reliable news source.I'm surprised that this topic isn't locked yet.

I thought pattayadingo was a reliable local source?

Sad news anyway. Especially if u have seen the bloke that very day

So up till now their is 1 report of a suicide, by Pattayadingo, without any details about location,nationality or anything else.

Further on no reports from any reliable news source.I'm surprised that this topic isn't locked yet.

Well, there were plenty of witnesses to the incident at Nirun Condo.

I cannot mention his nationality because I am unsure of it at this present time, though I can find out tonight. Maybe one of the residents might see this and add extra information.

I do not really want to provide too many details for the reason for him jumping. Not really sure how much I should mention or not to be honest, especially as there seems to be no other source of information.

But it did happen. He landed only feet away from a friends vehicle.

Well, there were plenty of witnesses to the incident at Nirun Condo.

I cannot mention his nationality because I am unsure of it at this present time, though I can find out tonight. Maybe one of the residents might see this and add extra information.

I do not really want to provide too many details for the reason for him jumping. Not really sure how much I should mention or not to be honest, especially as there seems to be no other source of information.

But it did happen. He landed only feet away from a friends vehicle.

the administration should know at the condo

what his nationality was

still sad story

Seems this guy was from Finland. No name for him because people knew of him from seeing him about but not to talk to him.

I still feel that no matter how he died it seems rather ignominious that he could have passed away with not one mention in the news, or is it becoming too boring a subject these days? He lived a life after all.

Without any further confirmation, I'll leave it at that :)

Because it isn't newsworthy, that's why. Happens all the time here. Get over it.

If I choose to take my life I wouldn't expect column inches and I wouldn't expect folk to waste their time reading about me.

Bit like all your posts, really

You mean like the post you just read cheesy.gif

• Like 1

You think it might be because it is still under investigation before the press releases any details?

I agree with raro that it is probably better off that way and don't really understand why the OP would be so concerned about it being splattered all over the news?

Oh well it is now I guess.

A man jumped from the 10th floor yesterday and no word of it here? I have to say that I am surprised at that.

Do you really think TV should made a report for each of the 30 suicides that occur daily in Thailand?

Is there any official source supporting that number?

Do you really think TV should made a report for each of the 30 suicides that occur daily in Thailand?

You could just have a look on Google. Many figures from Thai governement and World Health Organization. You will find values like that: attempted suicide rate about 18-26/100,000/year, succed suicide rate for male 10-14/100,000/year, succed suicide rate for female 3-4/100,000/year, succed suicide rate average 6-8/100,000/year.

Thailand has a population about 65 million people. 18*65*10 ~ 12,000 suicide attempt/year ~ 32/day

Suicide number is not something easy to count though,

but Thailand seems to keep it lower than most occidental countries : http://en.wikipedia....by_suicide_rate

A man jumped from the 10th floor yesterday and no word of it here? I have to say that I am surprised at that.

There are nearly 100 suicides a day in Japan. I doubt if the press report each detail.

You could just have a look on Google. Many figures from Thai governement and World Health Organization. You will find values like that: attempted suicide rate about 18-26/100,000/year, succed suicide rate for male 10-14/100,000/year, succed suicide rate for female 3-4/100,000/year, succed suicide rate average 6-8/100,000/year.

Thailand has a population about 65 million people. 18*65*10 ~ 12,000 suicide attempt/year ~ 32/day

Suicide number is not something easy to count though,

but Thailand seems to keep it lower than most occidental countries : http://en.wikipedia....by_suicide_rate

Thanks for that. The Wikipedia link states actually only 7.8 and not 32 but so be it.

As a general note to all of you out there, If you make a statistical or other claim please back it up with a link to a source. That's the best way to keep a discussion factual, thanks.

sent from my Android phone