Indian And Pakistani - Want To Get Married In Thailand.

whizbee

I am Indian and my fiancee is Pakistani and we want to get married in Thailand. We can't go there for long and I want to know if there are any complications that we need to be aware of? If we go there for a week, will we get our marriage registered by the end of it? Thanks.

That all depends on your embassy.

Two foreigners can get married in Thailand without a problem. But both will need an affirmation letter that you are free to marry from respective embassies. Most embassies will provide same or next day, providing you have all the right documents. The required documents depends on your embassy, so you first contact them and see which documents they want.

Once you both have the letters, you have them translated into Thai by a translation agency. You can find them around your embassy and it only takes 30mnutes or less per letter. Next step is to have the letter from the embassy plus the translation certified by the Thai foreign ministry, which takes 4 hours with express service. When that is completed you go to an amphur in Thailand and have the marriage registered.

We are planning on using this guy's services.

http://legallymarrie...d.com/index.php

If it is worth it depends on the price.

I don't know how much each of your embassies wil charge for the letter, but the translation of a letter will be about 400 baht and the express service for the letter to be certified will 800 baht.