Kittiratt Should Quit: Thai Poll

webfact

Kittiratt should quit: poll

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Most people believe investors lost confidence in Thailand when the finance minister confessed to telling "white lies", indicating sagging ethics among politicians, according to a Abac poll.

About 80 per cent of respondents believe Finance Minister Kittirat Na-Ranong's comment that it was fine to fudge figures in some cases betrayed investors' trust while 84 per cent said his remark showed the poor state of Thai politician's integrity and principles.

Some 82 per cent were concerned young people may copy the behaviour of unethical politicians and 83 per cent felt he should quit to take responsibility for setting a bad example for the young generation.

Asked about the government's plan to test water drainage efficiency in Greater Bangkok on Wednesday and Friday, 60 per cent disapproved because sea intrusion and storms could help create flooding.

But 39 per cent agreed, saying using a large volume of water would show if state agencies were ready to prevent inundation. Nearly three-quarters are very worried about the drainage test.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-09-03

"indicating sagging ethics among politicians"

I don't think many were surprised by the revelation, it's more that Finance Ministers aren't supposed to admit, that they make numbers up, to keep the markets happy.

Surely it's against FM-union-rules, or something ? rolleyes.gif

How strange, wanting a politician fired for being too honest.

It's probably because it's so un-Thai. I'm surprise no one asked the Constitutional Court yet to investigate in how far k. kittiratt is legally covered by the constituation.

Mind you as farang I'm used to politicians being economical with the truth, contradicting themselves and even (slip of the tongue) admit something. I think the word 'admit' is one of those words politicians are taught to avoid at all costs wink.png

This buffoon shouldn't need sacking as he should never have had the job in the first place!!!

OK now, over to you Yingluck - your people have spoken!!

My cabinet is selected using criteria "knowledge", "potential", "capability" and "suitability"wai.gif

Oh, forgot: my brother had nothing to do with it

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

This buffoon shouldn't need sacking as he should never have had the job in the first place!!!

OK now, over to you Yingluck - your people have spoken!!

My cabinet is selected using criteria "knowledge", "potential", "capability" and "suitability"wai.gif

Oh, forgot: my brother had nothing to do with it

So they turf these ones out as they don't want someone who actually knows what they are doing and then impostion their (hers or Thaksin's) mates into these important jobs so that they can best be served by them - Pheua Thai selection process in a nutshell!!!thumbsup.gif

Edited by SICHONSTEVE