Posting Letter Cnx

cerbera

posted a letter from cnx registered with EMS. Ive tracked it using refernce number. it has left the country.

posted on 16th august not arrived in UK yet. Contacted the Royal mail who say its ems in thailand and they say vice versa.

How can i track my very iportant letter. please move to general section if not chiang mai related enough

thanks for any advice

Give it more time. Sometimes there are delays. I've had EMS take up to 30 days to arrive in Europe and America.

Also, have you entered the Thai tracking number into the tracking on the Royal Mail website to see if it is even in the U.K.? Quite often things get hung up in customs. I notice this happens at Heathrow often.

Quite often things get hung up in customs.

Even letters? Isn't EMS some kind of courier service and aren't they supposed to be faster?

Yes even letters. EMS is faster at arriving port to port. About 2 years ago I had a large EMS document envelope hung up in customs at Heathrow for 12 days. There was no explanation. Another of the same was hung up in JFK for 9 days last year.

Regular airmail to US takes an average of 10 days. If registered it may tqake a few days longer because everywhere it stops, it gets locked up and signed for. Expereience so far from mailing at airport has been good. Also, have not experienced any queues more than about 2 minutes in line.

I dont ever send anything more important than a birthday card; but even to the UK it takes 10-14 days. And my guess according to the postmarks that the delays are with the pathetic Royal Mail; who probably sit on it becasue they dont know if its 1st or 2nd class.

Best to go to one of the bigger post offices, by the flower market or wat phra singh...and whether it makes a difference or not, always make them put an airmail sticker on it...........otherwise they can end up on the train, the horse,pigeon.

Once tested the theory and sent a letter from UK to Australia, by the cheapest method.....it took 10 weeks to arrive.

I wouldnt panic just yet

what branch did you mail the letter from?

The post office in Kad Suan Kaew is known for taking money and not mailing anything.

Happened to me twice at this location.

Actually, things have improved over there. There is a "real" post office there now, not just a sub-station. They offer same day service, printed receipts, etc. Fairly close to where the old one was.

I helped a friend send an important document to the US recently.

We sent it registered mail (almost same as EMS), with tracking.

On the Thai Post website, using the tracking number....it clearly showed sub-branch, then Lampang, then Swampy, then out bound international- and then the trail went cold.

Of course, it eventually was delivered to Orlando, Florida- but the tracking feature it appears is only showing info for inside Thailand.

I'm not saying I won't continue to use Thai Post EMS or registered; just saying that they should improve the tracking part so customers can see where the item is at after leaving LOS, and whether it has been delivered.rolleyes.gif

Before anyone starts to quibble about the service supposedly provided with Thai Post EMS vs. registered international, see this Thai Post tracking site, that details the tracking parameters:

http://track.thailan...ult.aspx?lang=e

The tracking system is apparently undergoing changes all around the world; including Thailand. Yesterday I wanted to track a letter to Taiwan. When I checked the Thai Post website, all the tracking info was there just like mcgriffith said. In addition to that was all the info on the tracking in Taiwan in both English and Chinese, including notes from customs officers. When I looked today, the Taiwan tracking was gone. I asked when I was at the P.O. this evening and they told me that International tracking is only available during business hours of both Thailand and the destination country. I tracked a letter to the Czech Republic this afternoon and the Thai Post website automatically directed me to Swiss Post for some reason. Apparently Zurich, Switzerland is now the clearing house (customs) for post coming from Thailand to Europe. See below. When I looked just now, it is gone from the Thai Post website since they are closed.

international shipment (Thailand → Czech Republic) ttb_minus.gif Consignment number CH: – Date Time Event Processed by Notes Mon 03.09.2012 11:40 Arrival at border point of destination country CH-8010 Zürich 1 Mon 03.09.2012 11:40 Arrived in transit country CH-8010 Zürich 1 Mon 03.09.2012 11:40 Completion of postal customs clearance CH-8010 Zürich 1 Wed 05.09.2012 12:30 Arrival at border point of origin country CH-8010 Zürich 1 Wed 05.09.2012 12:32 Departure from border point of origin country CH-8010 Zürich 1 Wed 05.09.2012 12:32 Departed transit country CH-8010 Zürich 1 Wed 05.09.2012 12:37 Departed transit country CH-8010 Zürich 1 Wed 05.09.2012 12:37 Departure from border point of origin country CH-8010 Zürich 1 Our delivery partners in the destination country have unfortunately not provided us with any consignment incidents.

The lack of this information does not affect actual delivery.

The post office in Kad Suan Kaew is known for taking money and not mailing anything.

Happened to me twice at this location.

I believe they're a private postal agency an not an official government post office.

That used to be the case (sub-station) but not any more. They constructed a real P.O. right around the corner from where the old sub-station was. The old P.O. in KSK has been closed for a few months now and the official P.O. is open for business.