Ferrari That Killed Bangkok Cop Was Doing 200Kph; Red Bull Heir

webfact

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

father is one of the most intelligent men in Thailand (he's filthy rich QED) so who better to approach for advice

His grandfather had the old family recipe. I believe an Aussie businessman "gave it wings"!

Beleive the "Aussie" is actually Austrian....whistling.gif

I reckon there should be a media campaign to boycott all Red Bull products at least until justice is done.

It would only hurt stockholders. This clown's worth billions.

I'd like to see a campaign to convince Ferrari to class up a bit and stop selling their cars in Thailand. Bangkok is no place for such a car.

Edited by Curt1591

The Daily News, and a couple other sources, are reporting a "64 mg percent" blood alcohol. In the States, a .08 BAC will constitute "drunk driving". Not sure if the Thai standard equates to .064 BAC, or when they finally got around to administering the test. But, it definitely flies in the face of "My client wasn't drinking"!

Same lawyer said: his client had not been drinking before the accident, but instead imbibed alcohol after he hit the policeman with his car.

Before or after the test results?

Maybe they were rubber beers, forced upon his client by mysterious dark figures. That angle seems to work!

Edited by Curt1591

As softgrorge said, every case is different. The physical evidence at scene will give you a very educated guess at minimum speeds of contact. Collision reconstructionists use mathematical formulae based on physics. They will interpret skid marks and gouges in the roadway to determine a point of impact etc. Based on these physical indicators of objects, bodies, etc, they can make a determination. If there is not positive point of impact, a gouge in the road where the vehicles made contact caused by downward motion of the two objects, a positive determination of a true speed will be in doubt. Collision reconstructionists can only interpret the evidence they see.

Now, a forensic engineer can do a "crush analysis" on the vehicles, and based on the crumple zones and weights of the vehicles/bodies, they will be able to make a better determination of speed. There is no doubt that the father will hire the best lawyers, and best forensic engineers in the world. Casting any doubt in the court's mind will likely result in an acquittal.

Commen sense law shows negligence on the part of the Ferrari driver. Hopefully he will serve some time over that. In any event, he will have to live with his own knowledge of the fact he wiped out someone who was sworn to protect his country. (I realize the flames will be thrown out at this statement, as so many believe that every police officer is corrupt in Thailand, however that comes down to assumptions......) He will also be known to everyone as the "guy who killed a cop and his money saved his butt".

Rest in Peace Pol Snr Sgt-Major Wichean Klinprasert.

No forensic engineer required.

The SRS ECU will give details of what time, speed of vehicle at impact, ABS activation and a raft of other information at the exact time the Airbags and seat belt tensioners were deployed. Other ECU's onboard will have data regarding all other mechanical parameters at that time.

It's not rocket science, only a matter of whether the powers that be wish to know the truth. We probably all know the answer to that.

• Like 1

I'd like to see a campaign to convince Ferrari to class up a bit and stop selling their cars in Thailand. Bangkok is no place for such a car.

Have you ever driven in Italy ?....why is BKK no place for such a car, with your small minded logic, one could apply the same rational to Singapore (recent accident with a Ferrari) HK, Shanghai etc etc..... the only reason TVer's have a hard on for this guy is that he is rich/influentional...if it was some Lo-so Somchai who had done the same with his Honda accord TV'ers would out defending the guy and make apologist excuses and saying well dont for "taking out" one of BKK scum bag BiB

further why all the calls for a boycott on Red Bull ?....He is being charged in his personal capacity, he wasnt driving the car on behalf of /or representing Red Bull.

• Like 1

Have you ever driven in Italy ?....why is BKK no place for such a car, with your small minded logic, one could apply the same rational to Singapore (recent accident with a Ferrari) HK, Shanghai etc etc..... the only reason TVer's have a hard on for this guy is that he is rich/influentional...if it was some Lo-so Somchai who had done the same with his Honda accord TV'ers would out defending the guy and make apologist excuses and saying well dont for "taking out" one of BKK scum bag BiB

further why all the calls for a boycott on Red Bull ?....He is being charged in his personal capacity, he wasnt driving the car on behalf of /or representing Red Bull.

The "hard on" for this guy is because he is rich, and he will, most likely, walk. The "Lo-so Somchai" would be locked up, if he ever made it to the jail in the first place!

Edited by Curt1591

The "hard on" for this guy is because he is rich, and he will, most likely, walk. The "Lo-so Somchai" would be locked up, if he ever made it to the jail in the first place!

Ok at least you admit it...but why convince Ferrari to stop selling cars in the BKK then ? or boycotting RedBull which is an MNC....

As with other countries in the people with influence/money do get treated differently in legal matters and in a lot of cases they "walk" as well, this case is not different.

A tragedy..... RIP...... Hope he gets what he deserves......

Very sad indeed. Sadly money talks in every country....

The facts are a idiot drove too fast and killed someone, no skid marks! And hit and run!

Doesnt matter what speed... its a sad display of weathly foolishness and human disrespect!

You can only hope he finds a room mate called BUBBA.

Seems it was the perfect CAR JAM..... What are the chances....... SAd sad sad!

309272_10151101402891631_2137718743_n.jpg

Here is another wish, I have: after hearing what sad excuses he and his lawyer had to make ...and the tried but failed cover- up...if he would show up at the funeral, I would ask him to leave NOW, not even permitting him to enter the funeral-site. That would make a nice photo-OP.

And if he he really comes up with a check, rip it to shreds in front of his eyes or send it back after pooping on it!

This guy feels no remorse at all, I bet!

Otherwise, he would have been on his knees, begging the family for forgiveness.

But a cop is wat too far below him, to feel real guilt and shame.

If I were the family of the cop, I would make him feel ashamed, before the eyes of the whole country and not touch his blood money until he shows some real sign of remorse!

...I have to stop the drugs, I guess!

No matter what country your in, give a kid a quick ride, whether car or bike, he will fool with it. I did as a lad, many of us did as a lad.

In UK highly paid foot ballers are crashing fancy cars cos they have the cash. It would be even worse in UK if it were not for the incredibly high insurance premiums for quick cars that Joe Blogs can't afford..

He is the CEO of Red Bull and the importer of Ferrari cars to Thailand and his familly are part owners of the company, so you would think that he should behave more civilized just to protect the brand names of Red Bull and Ferrari.

As softgrorge said, every case is different. The physical evidence at scene will give you a very educated guess at minimum speeds of contact. Collision reconstructionists use mathematical formulae based on physics. They will interpret skid marks and gouges in the roadway to determine a point of impact etc. Based on these physical indicators of objects, bodies, etc, they can make a determination. If there is not positive point of impact, a gouge in the road where the vehicles made contact caused by downward motion of the two objects, a positive determination of a true speed will be in doubt. Collision reconstructionists can only interpret the evidence they see.

Now, a forensic engineer can do a "crush analysis" on the vehicles, and based on the crumple zones and weights of the vehicles/bodies, they will be able to make a better determination of speed. There is no doubt that the father will hire the best lawyers, and best forensic engineers in the world. Casting any doubt in the court's mind will likely result in an acquittal.

Commen sense law shows negligence on the part of the Ferrari driver. Hopefully he will serve some time over that. In any event, he will have to live with his own knowledge of the fact he wiped out someone who was sworn to protect his country. (I realize the flames will be thrown out at this statement, as so many believe that every police officer is corrupt in Thailand, however that comes down to assumptions......) He will also be known to everyone as the "guy who killed a cop and his money saved his butt".

Well from the very start, if the police are trumpeting it was a 200kph accident and it turns out to be 60, it hardly puts the police's case in a very good light. By the end of it, it will be the fact that the copper pulled out in front of him and it was an unavoidable accident. I am very curious why he has confessed, unless there are witness reports that the guy was speeding very fast down the road.

The whole 200kph statement when looking at the damage on the car sounds completely outlandish, but that said, eye witness accounts will confirm better than any analysis that the BIB can do in one day on the back of a fag pack.

• Like 1

The SRS ECU will give details of what time, speed of vehicle at impact, ABS activation and a raft of other information at the exact time the Airbags and seat belt tensioners were deployed. Other ECU's onboard will have data regarding all other mechanical parameters at that time.

It's not rocket science, only a matter of whether the powers that be wish to know the truth. We probably all know the answer to that.

Whilst I agree with you on the SRS ECU and other ECU's, a lawyer can maniuplate those interpretations. Wheel spin etc, etc. I know this, because I investiagte crashes like this for a living. We use the ECU data to corroborate the conclusions the reconstructionsit comes up with. On it's own it is not sufficient to convict. I am not sure how the court system there would accept it. I am sure all the stops will be pulled out by papa bear to ensure his son doesn't go to the monkey house......

No matter what country your in, give a kid a quick ride, whether car or bike, he will fool with it. I did as a lad, many of us did as a lad.

In UK highly paid foot ballers are crashing fancy cars cos they have the cash. It would be even worse in UK if it were not for the incredibly high insurance premiums for quick cars that Joe Blogs can't afford..

In the UK they insure according to the named driver, young drivers pay fortunes. No such system in Thailand. YET.

"The expert said ..... been stuck on the bonnet ... and the victim's police badge on it."

So that's how you get one of those "badges" on the front of your car to get a better parking space and so people know better not to mess with you in traffic? I always wondered.

• Like 2

That's 124 miles per hour ?

In Bangkok ? That's crazy.

Owning a Ferrari in BKK is pretty crazy too!!!!

Yes like which panel beaters in Bangkok have been trained to a sufficiently high degree

to restore it to its true original condition?

He will just dispose of it and buy a new one!!!!

Ok at least you admit it...but why convince Ferrari to stop selling cars in the BKK then ? or boycotting RedBull which is an MNC....

As with other countries in the people with influence/money do get treated differently in legal matters and in a lot of cases they "walk" as well, this case is not different.

OJ "walked" after a couple years incarceration. Robert Blake "walked" after some time in the can. Both had rather lengthy trials. Both are, pretty much, treated as lepers today.

Mel Gibson, Linsey Lohan and many other's have spent time behind bars.

This clown had to sit on a sofa and chat with some cops. His biggest humiliation was having to wai the BIB.